What's new

Pakistan's War - Images from the frontlines

Xeric the exterminator

we always shake our boots before putting them on and wow what we find feeling cozy in the bed sometimes?

all the joys of spending nights in the wild
Unfortunately in the Army if someone is bitten by anyone of them, the dude will also enjoy some punishment while he is being treated :D

Must be snacks for you :fie:

fat grass snake I would have taken if it was roasted. its soup and slimy skin was very off putting.

hey stop teasing me

by the way crispy locusts are very good. if you think I am pulling your leg then i will post my pictures eating them some day.

Unfortunately in the Army if someone is bitten by anyone of them, the dude will also enjoy some punishment while he is being treated :D
hence the common SOP to watch your you piss, where you put your behind and shake and dust well before you put your boots or clothes on.

I was stung by the honey bee on my left hand it became balooni and I dared not mention it otherwise I would have received proper ragra and mortifying humiliation. so my fellow solider told me to apply metal on it...

(it didnt work.. I punctured it and spilled some blood out).

place Bhimber.. Azad Kashmir.. while in 10 Sindh mid 90s
major saab loved the wild honey nests in the elephant ghas..
all in the line of work for our saabs :)

by the way sir you been to Madarpur? Kotli/ bagh sector if my memory serves me well.
I will through a hint .. if you ask me.. or I will stay quiet if you want me

Last edited:
fat grass snake I would have taken if it was roasted. its soup and slimy skin was very off putting.

hey stop teasing me

by the way crispy locusts are very good. if you think I am pulling your leg then i will post my pictures eating them some day.

Crispy locusts? BS

Were this "apartment" made by Faujis( your's or any previous company stationed here) or civilians from nearby areas were hired to build this?
Faujis do the construction of these things on Self Help Basis. Why would be hire civilians for construction in forward areas?

Depending upon it's open air location. Sir jee,,, wasn't it feasible to place some sand bags around this "apartment of mud and bricks" to withstand any kind of initial assault of insurgents? A single RPG hit or hail storm of bullets would tore through it
Agreed.

But then this area is well in rear away from the forward posts. Also the time when the pic was taken was relatively less critical because the operations had yet not commenced - pre Rah-e-Rast. We went there to provide some routine assistance to the locals, not for any operation, so there wasnt any threat. But if you see the area now, it's a fortress.

Consider this apartment to be one of the housing of an administrative base well in rear. i aint posting images of actual bunkers ;)

Crispy locusts? BS
not BS salty

there are many ways .. you can dry them in the sun then add salt and eat them like namak pary

or you can pan fry them that makes them crunchy
their pakoras are also good. just boil them and take wings and legs off if you like.. then roll them in meda, dhanya, chilli powder and salt and make small nuggets and deep fry and eat them

hey stop teasing me

hence the common SOP to watch your you piss, where you put your behind and shake and dust well before you put your boots or clothes on.

I was stung by the honey bee on my left hand it became balooni and I dared not mention it otherwise I would have received proper ragra and mortifying humiliation. so my fellow solider told me to apply metal on it...

(it didnt work.. I punctured it and spilled some blood out).

place Bhimber.. Azad Kashmir.. while in 10 Sindh mid 90s
major saab loved the wild honey nests in the elephant ghas..
all in the line of work for our saabs :)

by the way sir you been to Madarpur? Kotli/ bagh sector if my memory serves me well.
I will through a hint .. if you ask me.. or I will stay quiet if you want me
Well if you have been to Madarpur, you must know this place:

14058474376_c8cde42776_o.jpg

Last edited:
13894911698_8419c9988e_o.jpg

Thanx for sharing sir. All the above photos explains what it takes to be a soldier...!! My tons of respect to all of them. My Salute to my brothers in uniform..!

14058474376_c8cde42776_o.jpg

I was much down to earth sir...

and I must say the locals are very open minded and friendly ... if you know what I am saying
although we were strictly warned to behave. ;)

Faujis do the construction of these things on Self Help Basis. Why would be hire civilians for construction in forward areas?

Agreed.

But then this area is well in rear away from the forward posts. Also the time when the pic was taken was relatively less critical because the operations had yet not commenced - pre Rah-e-Rast. We went there to provide some routine assistance to the locals, not for any operation, so there wasnt any threat. But if you see the area now, it's a fortress.

Consider this apartment to be one of the housing of an administrative base well in rear. i aint posting images of actual bunkers ;)

I was thinking along the lines, building relations with civilians of that area, soft prong approach etc etc

Well, that's the idea, but these things are used where sunlight is scarce, like at Siachen, so sitting at a post above 18K feet where even talking will make you sweat, cycling to burn calories is not a guud idea :)

i personally wouldnt reccomend it up there unless one likes headaches (among many other very bad things)

Back
Top Bottom