What's new

Pakistan's Submarine deal with China is terrible

Thiland s26t are 3 subs for around a billion dollar assuming same for pak 8 means 2.66 billion add local build and some transfer of tech cost on top of it

Yes, you read the title right. The Submarine deal Pakistan cracked with China a few years back was terrible. Now firstly I will admit.....we don't really know what type of submarines we are buying. If 6 of the subs end up being some of the most advanced AIP subs that are better then their european counterparts, and the other 2 are nuclear powered and capable with VLS for SLBM's - Then I'll be like...
View attachment 361350
BUT if the submarine deal turns out to be us just getting 8 S-20 export conventional SSK's that aren't China's best subs - Then the deal is terrible as a matter of fact....shit.

A lot of people on this forum will say "conventional attack submarines that can launch the babur SLCM is great for our sea based detterent and we are all set"
I see this comment ALOT and every time my reaction is...
View attachment 361351
Bruh - We need Submarines with VLS that can fire SLBM's. SLCM's won't do jack.
Anyway's Ill get back to that topic another day.

Back to the Submarine deal - In retrospect 8 S-20 submarines doesn't seem like a bad defence deal, but it kind of is.

8 Chinese submarines - 5 Billion dollars - 12 years
Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
1. Produced its own submarines with Chinese and Turkish assistance
Or
2. Buy 4 from China and 4 from Germany, Spain or Sweden - Then we would get 8 at the same time

All I can say is - I hope our Admirals know what they're doing.

hmm.... very interesting
so you think all submarines have same kind of "system" once you train for one, it is good for all? do you know how much problem you will have, if all sub are from different countries? if you think you are smarter than those Navy Generals.. think again!

So for those calling the deal 'crap', what do you think of the recent news about China investing in steelmills? I think this is step 1 of the process of indigenous manufacture of submarines. So, for a couple of billion dollars, not only do you get submarines, you also get an entire industry for local manufacturing.

I remember one of the Indian members commenting about our indigenous nuclear reactor for subs: where will you find the materials to even build the housing? Do you now see how we will get the materials??

Yes, you read the title right. The Submarine deal Pakistan cracked with China a few years back was terrible. Now firstly I will admit.....we don't really know what type of submarines we are buying. If 6 of the subs end up being some of the most advanced AIP subs that are better then their european counterparts, and the other 2 are nuclear powered and capable with VLS for SLBM's - Then I'll be like...
View attachment 361350
BUT if the submarine deal turns out to be us just getting 8 S-20 export conventional SSK's that aren't China's best subs - Then the deal is terrible as a matter of fact....shit.

A lot of people on this forum will say "conventional attack submarines that can launch the babur SLCM is great for our sea based detterent and we are all set"
View attachment 361351

Back to the Submarine deal - In retrospect 8 S-20 submarines doesn't seem like a bad defence deal, but it kind of is.

Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
Or
2. Buy 4 from China and 4 from Germany, Spain or Sweden - Then we would get 8 at the same time

Grow up Kid and stop behaving like a fan boy. If you didn't know things than don't give judgments and when people confront you, you start calling seniors like mastan khan. One more thing don't create so many threads on topics which already has running threads in this forum. You really has potential but things like these will ruin your image and people stop taking you seriously.

There are no less than 7 other threads about Pakistan's submarine deal with China already.

Why have you started another one?

MODS: Please close this or merge with another. This is becoming ridiculous now.
Long time bro... Welcome back!

Hassan I find your posts hilarious and I just can't take you seriously. That's not to demean you in anyway. You post what you want pal
No really, that guy has more hope in me than anyone I've met.

No really, that guy has more hope in me than anyone I've met.

Who? I'm just saying your posts are hilarious which is a good thing, because you're one of those members who adds a bit of humour to the serious world out there. Even if you're right. There's no harm in coming across like that so don't be offended lol

Precisely, cant believe some long time member even go with his insanity and his brainwashed. This Hassan Guy is just an overseas pakistanis who believe Western countries and their products are the savior for Pakistan in his delusion dream.

True Pakistanis who love Pakistan and wish for real progress and stronger Pakistan must stand up and say some true word. What has the west do for Pakistan in the last 20years, especially the Americans?

Real Pakistanis shall not trust those overseas Pakistanis. They live in a western world constant brainwashed by the imperial west who try to spread Asia inferiority and try to brainwashed overseas Asian that Asia can only save by the white people. The asian can only be slaved to whiteman.

Why would imperial west wants a strong Asia? Simple logic.
People have different tastes in life. Your berating is ill-advised.

If I have money, I will pay for high quality products. If China can deliver, why not. However, a large number of brands that are renowned for quality services and products, are not Chinese. China is certainly a manufacturing hub but few Chinese brands are competitive.

We value our friendship with China but this doesn't implies that we will not explore additional markets.

American support has been invaluable for us in the matters of defense and economy. Only a fool would ignore statistics. China is valuable to us in its own way but you are not a substitute for our relations with the WEST on the whole. We don't wish to become another North Korea or Venezuela.

These overseas Pakistani contribute to our economy. We cannot disown them because you disagree with their tastes and perceptions.

Sir, reading your post, I am confused. If you don't really know what kind of Subs these are, how can you even guess that it's a bad deal?

firstly he is assuming its a bad deal then explaining it why its bad...the only reason its a bad deal is because of his assumptions, no one actually knows what kinds of subs Pakistan is getting and poster thinks he is more knowledgeable than those making this deal.

I dont think many people read posts before they reply nor do they research before they post .. some dont even think before they are typing.

Too drunk on the idea of just getting their voice out there for someone to either chat with or to get some idiot's like.
It is a problem of humanity, the intelligent ones are too silent and the stupid ones keep chattering away.
Does that mean i am intelligent?

Sorry couldnt help.

Some times such ridiculous claims are nothing but a form of "social engineering" devised to encourage gullible blabbermouths with some knowledge to spill the beans.

firstly he is assuming its a bad deal then explaining it why its bad...the only reason its a bad deal is because of his assumptions, no one actually knows what kinds of subs Pakistan is getting and poster thinks he is more knowledgeable than those making this deal.

View attachment 361350

View attachment 361351

Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
Or

Ao easy to judge decision taken on a national basis from the comfort of a coach, huh?, and u start a thread knowing absolutely bull about the type of subs bieng bought, "pakistan should've built its own subs", what r u 2 yrs old?? This isnt simcity or cod, we make do with what we have and been doing a hell of job till now judging from the fact that a former superpower and present superpower both wanted us gones in diff era's one of them still wants u neutralized, a ten times bigger nieghbour still kept in check, most of the supposed brother islamic nations want us gone too cause they cant digest the fact that a non arab nation calls the shots in the ummah now, so take a gulp of ovaltine or whatever u kids drink, have some spinach to go with it and think urself popeye and leave the matters of military to those who have the maturity for it...

Back
Top Bottom