What's new

Pakistan's Submarine deal with China is terrible

Hassan Guy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yes, you read the title right. The Submarine deal Pakistan cracked with China a few years back was terrible. Now firstly I will admit.....we don't really know what type of submarines we are buying. If 6 of the subs end up being some of the most advanced AIP subs that are better then their european counterparts, and the other 2 are nuclear powered and capable with VLS for SLBM's - Then I'll be like...
upload_2016-12-18_21-29-18.png

BUT if the submarine deal turns out to be us just getting 8 S-20 export conventional SSK's that aren't China's best subs - Then the deal is terrible as a matter of fact....shit.

A lot of people on this forum will say "conventional attack submarines that can launch the babur SLCM is great for our sea based detterent and we are all set"
I see this comment ALOT and every time my reaction is...
upload_2016-12-18_21-33-12.png

Bruh - We need Submarines with VLS that can fire SLBM's. SLCM's won't do jack.
Anyway's Ill get back to that topic another day.

Back to the Submarine deal - In retrospect 8 S-20 submarines doesn't seem like a bad defence deal, but it kind of is.

8 Chinese submarines - 5 Billion dollars - 12 years
Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
1. Produced its own submarines with Chinese and Turkish assistance
Or
2. Buy 4 from China and 4 from Germany, Spain or Sweden - Then we would get 8 at the same time

All I can say is - I hope our Admirals know what they're doing.

Interesting post, but I thinks these subs are part of CPEC and there is some financial assistance involved in the deal. Do you think that we had enough money so that we would have performed market survey first ?

2. Buy 4 from China and 4 from Germany, Spain or Sweden - Then we would get 8 at the same time

this is what sir @MastanKhan is saying from sometime..

divide 8 billion into 2 or 3 programs to get effective punch in time rather than doing things one by one..

There are no less than 7 other threads about Pakistan's submarine deal with China already.

Why have you started another one?

MODS: Please close this or merge with another. This is becoming ridiculous now.
Links please

Yes, you read the title right. The Submarine deal Pakistan cracked with China a few years back was terrible.

Now firstly I will admit.....we don't really know what type of submarines we are buying.

If 6 of the subs end up being some of the most advanced AIP subs that are better then their european counterparts, and the other 2 are nuclear powered and capable with VLS for SLBM's - Then I'll be like....

Sir, reading your post, I am confused. If you don't really know what kind of Subs these are, how can you even guess that it's a bad deal?

Yes, you read the title right. The Submarine deal Pakistan cracked with China a few years back was terrible. Now firstly I will admit.....we don't really know what type of submarines we are buying. If 6 of the subs end up being some of the most advanced AIP subs that are better then their european counterparts, and the other 2 are nuclear powered and capable with VLS for SLBM's - Then I'll be like...
View attachment 361350
BUT if the submarine deal turns out to be us just getting 8 S-20 export conventional SSK's that aren't China's best subs - Then the deal is terrible as a matter of fact....shit.

A lot of people on this forum will say "conventional attack submarines that can launch the babur SLCM is great for our sea based detterent and we are all set"
View attachment 361351

Back to the Submarine deal - In retrospect 8 S-20 submarines doesn't seem like a bad defence deal, but it kind of is.

Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
Or

@MastanKhan your input is needed

View attachment 361350

View attachment 361351

Too long and costly

Pakistan should have:
Or

Going for the German subs is the best option.

Currently, Germany is pretty unhappy with India due Indian buying French Scorpenes and RAFALEs

Germany is willing to share it best tech with Pakistan and Pakistan should grab it with both hands.

Another option is to go for Russian subs.

@MastanKhan your input is needed

Hi,

Thank you for the mention---but I have discussed it on the thread I started a few days ago---.

Interesting post, but I thinks these subs are part of CPEC and there is some financial assistance involved in the deal. Do you think that we had enough money so that we would have performed market survey first ?

Hi,

We had enough mone---first we jacked off the french---then the Germans---. We had money---we supposedly blew it away---.

The german option is a bad idea---their public might change their minds in mid production and put a hold on delivery.

Back
Top Bottom