What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
It is. There is only one variant and it is capable of firing both 556 and 39.

Do tell what you think.

480670_4a76547df4fd7a243c3fc13a1a25bc34.jpg

480672_33330cf0e779ab84b29457ccec5e76fd.jpg

The mag certainly looks like a standard 7.62x39, the curve, ribbing and the opaque matte black polymer build all check out. Quite a sharp eye you have @RAMPAGE
From the looks of it, I have to concede, it does look like they're using it with 39s.

dimagh ki dahi bna di hai tum logon ne man!!!
uff itna tou police walay bhi interrogate nhn karte jitna yahan pe hota hai -----phew!!!:cheesy::crazy::nono:
aik ka jawab dou tu dosra peechay ready hota hai alert ----
Sir G, aap nai 556 keh kai kal sai mere dimagh ki dahi bannai hoi thi. :P

The mag certainly looks like a standard 7.62x39, the curve, ribbing and the opaque matte black polymer build all check out. Quite a sharp eye you have @RAMPAGE
From the looks of it, I have to concede, it does look like they're using it with 39s.
Sir mai nai army kai liay apply kia tou aik dou aur logon kai ilawa aap ko bhi yaad karun ga. :lol: jk

Sir G, aap nai 556 keh kai kal sai mere dimagh ki dahi bannai hoi thi. :P

Sir mai nai army kai liay apply kia tou aik dou aur logon kai ilawa aap ko bhi yaad karun ga. :lol: jk
i had seen the curve and checked with the person last night and was told 556, but then i did not argue further --- as he himself said --- ke yar jab final ho gi tou sab foujion ko mil jani hai ---- tab dekh lena konsi hai ....scar ya CZ :D

i had seen the curve and checked with the person last night and was told 556, but then i did not argue further --- as he himself said --- ke yar jab final ho gi tou sab foujion ko mil jani hai ---- tab dekh lena konsi hai ....scar ya CZ :D
They're all like that. :lol:

@balixd kal mai nai bhi issi liay ziada behas nahi ki kiun kai @That Guy and and an another member nai meri achi khasi lai li thi prices kai topic pai. Mai nai socha chup hi rehna acha hai lekin when all things considered, 556 was simply not making any sense.

that AK man --- see the Russian dude and the pic i attached ----
Not AK... Different butt stock,grip and barrel... AK has a "full" butt stock and the AK barrel... Unable to post pics right now.. Will post later.

Sir this question came into my mind which I asked in this thread earlier:
"What is the smallest independent unit in the PA? Section or fireteam?
Can you tell something about the weapon distribution at section/fireteam level (no of LMGs, RPGs, DMR)."

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...cement-competition-2016.426049/#ixzz43AWBPrXX

Can you tell something about the weapon distribution at section/fireteam level (no of LMGs, RPGs, DMR)."

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...cement-competition-2016.426049/#ixzz43AWBPrXX

Source: Pakistan's Service Rifle Replacement Competition 2016.

That depends largely on the nature of the operation, the geographic location and a host of other factors. Besides SOP, a successful military should be able to orient itself in response to the position it finds itself in.

Here i am again quoting the same guy from Zastava. Two hours ago he wrote this:

Sutra se zavrsava zimski deo ispitivanja u okviru tendera za novu pusku Pakistanske armije.
Trajao je dva ipo meseca i dobro smo prosli na svim testovima.Na nekima smo bili egal sa konkurencijom a na nekima bolji.Na ovaj deo ispitivanja su od petnaestak ponudjaca pozvana cetiri.Zastava,Zbrojovka,FN i Bereta.Zbrojovka je otpala u toku ovog kruga ispitivanja.
Ucestvujemo u okviru klase 7.62x51 NATO.
Sa nama su jos ostali u igri Bereta i FN.

Translation:

"Tomorrow ends up the winter part of testing within the framework of a tender for a new rifle for the Pakistani Army. It lasted for two and a half months, and we did well in all tests. On some of them we were equal with the competition, and on some we were better. To this part of the testing of the fifteen contenders they invited four. Zastava, Zbrojovka, FN and Beretta. Zbrojovka was eliminated during this round of the tests. We participate in 7.62x51 NATO class. Contenders that are still left with us are FN and Beretta."

By a Friend
Brief intro into the PAs G3A3 replacement program.
Recently PAs COAS Gen Raheel Sharif was briefed at the Wah Cantt about the new rifles undergoing trials to replace the G3A3 rifle. The rifles in question are the Beretta ARX-200 from Italy, the FN de Herstal SCAR-H from Belgium, the CZUB CZ807 from the Czech Republic, the Kalashnikov Concern AK-103 from Russia and a modernised Zastava M77B from Serbia.
Beretta ARX-200
The ARX-200 is basically an enlarged version of the ARX-160 which is in service with Egyptian and Azeri SF. The rifle is short-stroke gas piston operated and has a rotating bolt like the ARX-160. The barrel length of the rifle is 16" and other than that no other barrel length has been offered for CQC by Beretta as of now. The rifle has no upper or lower reciever like AR-15 everything is encased in a Polymer shell like the Tavor.. The controls would be similar to the ARX-160A3 which was lauded for it's ambidextrous controls, the magazine release is placed in 3 places, bolt release in the trigger guard on both left and right side and ambidextrous safety selector. It does not have the ARX-160s ejection port side changing facility and charging handle is fixed on the left side only. It will have an adjustable gas regulator. The rifle feeds from 20 rounds Magpul PMAGs. It'll be a single calibre rifle available only in 7.62x51 NATO, the rifle will be compatible with the GLX-160 40x46mm LV UBGL.
FN de Herstal SCAR-H
SCAR-H came out of SOCOM program to replace the M14/Mk.14. It's in service with the SOCOM primarily and is used as a light-weight DMR. The rifle shown at the trials was a SCAR-H standard with a 16" barrel. The SCAR-H operates from a short stroke gas piston with rortating bolt. It's available in 12" CQB barrel, 16" standard barrel and 20" long barrel. The rifle has a polymer lower and a machined aluminimum upper. The controls on the SCAR-H are similar to the AR-15 with an ambidextrous magazine release and safety selector, the bolt release is on the left side only. The weapons ejects from the right side only. The charging handles direction can be changed from the left to right side and vice-versa although this requires some disassembly. The barrel change ins't quick change per-se like the AUG for example and requires disassembly and torx tools. The rifle feeds from 20 rounds proprietary magazine. The FN40GL 40x46mm LV UBGL is compatible with all barrel lengths.
CZUB CZ807
The CZ807 was developed from the CZ806 Bren 2 which itself was developed from the CZ805. It is a multi-calibre rifle available in both 5.56x45 NATO and 7.62x39mm. It is short-stroke gas piston operated with a rotating bolt. The rifle is available in 11" and 14" barrels for the 5.56mm NATO variant and probably 16" barrel for 7.62x39mm variant. The magwell was made common to accept both 5.56 STANAG magazines and a proprietary 7.62x39mm magazine or Magpul PMAGs, I am not sure which. The calibre change can be done by replacing the barrel, bolt and magazine. Control wise the rifle is very similar to SCAR and has more or less the same controls and feature. Improvements from the CZ805 are the better bolt-catch release like the AR-15 and non-reciprocating charging handle. The G1 40x46mm LV UBGL is compatible with the rifle.
Kalashnikov Concern AK-103
Not going to say much about it, the only changes made were the integration of additional rails and full railed dust cover.
Zastava M77B Modernised
Similar to the AK-103 but in 7.62x51mm NATO calibre. Has the furniture of the new M21. Almost no information is available on it. It's barrel length is shorter than the original M77 though, maybe around 18".

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom