What's new

Pakistan's 'secret' war in Baluchistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Situation in Balochistan better than other provinces: Malik

Federal interior minister Rehman Malik Wednesday said that the situation in Balochistan was better than other provinces of Pakistan.

Talking to media at National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) Office, Malik said that the Chief Minister Balochistan Aslam Raesani had sent a list of 930 missing persons and after investigation only 48 were found missing. “People are launching propaganda on the issue of missing persons of Balochistan,” he added.

Interior minister said that he would send two officials to the camp of missing persons in Islamabad who would match the figures with the list in interior ministry.

Malik said that talks were going on with the disgruntled Baloch people adding that no talks would be held with people those wanted to dismember Pakistan.

Malik further said that evidences were gathered regarding the Kohistan incident and place where the militants came was identified.

Situation in Balochistan better than other provinces: Malik | The Nation

No one take him seriously, what he says doesn't matter./....

Funny gas comes frm baluchistan...

Balochistan only produces 17% of total gas produced in Pakistan. Major chunk comes from Sindh which produces 69% gas.
YEZj1.png

I was also under the impression that Balochistan produces all or major portion of gas in Pakistan because this is what we have been hearing ever since we were born so naturally when I saw this, I was astonished.

Now this doesn't mean Balochistan doesn't have large gas reserves. They may have the largest gas reserves in Pakistan but their production share is low because of law and order situation.

Balochistan only produces 17% of total gas produced in Pakistan. Major chunk comes from Sindh which produces 69% gas.
YEZj1.png

I was also under the impression that Balochistan produces all or major portion of gas in Pakistan because this is what we have been hearing ever since we were born so naturally when I saw this, I was astonished.

Now this doesn't mean Balochistan doesn't have large gas reserves. They may have the largest gas reserves in Pakistan but their production share is low because of law and order situation.

but look at punjab and how much share it gets!!!!!!! its a total rip off!

You can't just look at one side of the picture. You have to look at other side of the picture too. The recovery of electricity bills is highest in Punjab but it suffers the most loadshedding. On the other hand recovery of electricity bills is worst in Sindh and Balochistan but they get less loadshedding than Punjab. Similarly Punjab produces crop which every one eats.

‘The Balochistan Game’: Raisani lays blame on foreign elements

350257-banaraskhan-1331787716-448-640x480.jpg

Says actual law and order situation not as bad as described. PHOTO: FILE/BANARAS KHAN

QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani has claimed that the evil designs of international players were behind the bleak portrayal of law and order in the province. Expressing these views during a meeting with the Korean Ambassador to Pakistan Chong Joo Choi, he said the actual situation is not as terrible as being described.

Reiterating the region’s geographical importance and its natural resources, Raisani held those factors responsible for the international interest in Balochistan. “The resources belong to the people of this region and will be utilised for the prosperity and development of Balochistan and Pakistan,” he was quoted as telling the ambassador.

Referring to the Gwadar deep-sea port and the Saindak and Dudar mega projects, he stressed that environment was conducive for investment and several international investors were already engaged in the region.

Highlighting the importance of the province’s coastal belt as a gateway for trade, Raisani said: “Gwadar will become the hub of international trade after the construction of the shipbuilding and repairing yard.” He added that Korea can play a pivotal role in this sector given its expertise in shipbuilding. Proposals have already been sent to the federal government in this regard, he told the ambassador.

He also sought Korean help for the region’s transport infrastructure including the construction of roads and connecting Gwadar with a rail link. The chief minister added that Balochistan could also provide the required manpower to Korea in this regard.

Raisani also informed the envoy about his government’s formation of a separate department for the promotion of alternative energy, adding that this sector needed the Korean government’s support.

The Korean ambassador assured the chief minister that his country was keen on investing in Balochistan and accelerating its development. He added that both countries are already cooperating in different sectors.

The Korean envoy also nominated Begum Perveen Magsi as the honorary Consul General of Korea in Balochistan on the chief minister’s recommendation.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 15th, 2012

‘The Balochistan Game’: Raisani lays blame on foreign elements – The Express Tribune

well issue is exacerbating now, and nationalists , especially separatists, are successfully brainwashing the baloch youth that is quite worrying. government need to focus about that issue, but its quite unfortunate that those who are in the saddle cares only for the saddle and not for the country.

well issue is exacerbating now, and nationalists , especially separatists, are successfully brainwashing the baloch youth that is quite worrying. government need to focus about that issue, but its quite unfortunate that those who are in the saddle cares only for the saddle and not for the country.

yeah right! it's all a dirty conspiracy.

And the big brother province, Federal Government and our great military have been absolutely JUST to the Baluchs.

--------------------------

Oh come on bro; you can't blame them for seeking help from RAW/KGB/MOSSAD etc. while their culture, lives and resources are being trampled upon in the SACRED NAME of NATIONAL SECURITY, TWO-NATION THEORY, and other useless slogans.

are you dumb or dim?
any area that has the major industrial base is bound to have more consumption. this is not unique to Pakistan

Industries are setup according to ease of transport availability of labour and technical pool and the present infrastructure.

Japan and Americans would have higher energy consumption where they have their auto plants and aircraft factories does that mean they are ripping off other smaller towns?

please think before you post a half arsed comment like this

are you dumb or dim?
any area that has the major industrial base is bound to have more consumption. this is not unique to Pakistan

Industries are setup according to ease of transport availability of labour and technical pool and the present infrastructure.

Japan and Americans would have higher energy consumption where they have their auto plants and aircraft factories does that mean they are ripping off other smaller towns?

please think before you post a half arsed comment like this
Karachi has as much industry as the whole of Punjab but the Share of Sindh is less with MAJOR GAS LOADSHEDDING.

hahahhahaha, big mouth people from punjab should get some lesson, they only produce 5% of the gas but consume more than half of all the generated gas, but they boast about the big agriculture they have

let me tell you guys straight, its punjab population we have to feed, and its because of their big arse population that we are indepted to world bank, whether be it revenue from karachi, gas from sindh, its all feeding the big mighty punjab developing there cities, but the province of sindh should be wealthy is hell, and balochistan are some of the poorest provinces

I am from Karachi but I have to say when Punjab uses most of the gas then it pays. It doesn't use it for free or steal it unlike Sindh especially Karachi where half of the population doesn't pay electricity and yet Punjab suffers the most loadshedding where payment rate is around 90%.
I am the one in Karachi who regularly pays bill but because of piece of shits people I have to suffer loadshedding too!!??? Tell me why should I suffer loadshedding if half of Karachi and Sindh doesn't pay bills???

And regarding feeding Punjab population I think you don't know which province produces the most food items so stop being ignorant.

And being Sindh and Balochistan deprived of their share, tell that to Musharaf (Urdu speaker) who ruled for almost 10 years and your partner in crime Zardari (Sindhi Baloch) who did nothing. It's our own provincial Government faults that some of the areas in province are still poor.

And your reply regarding cricket team doesn't merit reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom