What's new

Pakistan's Progress In Information And Technology

Not sure, I hope other members correct me if I am wrong. Netsol, Systems Limited, TRG, Axact are the biggest I think.

Next Bridge, C-Docs, I2C are biggest companies I know in Lahore with over 3000+ employees each.

Next Bridge, C-Docs, I2C are biggest companies I know in Lahore with over 3000+ employees each.

I2C is that payment processing systems company, right?
I think they are based in the US. There are lots of very good companies like this one which have back offices in Pakistan but their HQ are in US/EU/Dubai etc. I didn't mention them because they are not Pakistani companies so to speak.

I2C is that payment processing systems company, right?
I think they are based in the US. There are lots of very good companies like this one which have back offices in Pakistan but their HQ are in US/EU/Dubai etc. I didn't mention them because they are not Pakistani companies so to speak.

These are Pakistani companies with marketing offices in US/EU etc. Like many furniture and other companies have their plants and factories here in Pakistan but show rooms in Dubai etc.

Since our local IT market is still year behind western countries, the major source of IT projects is still Western Countries. So these companies are bound to have marketing offices in those countries. This is almost similar to india, phillipines and bangladesh.

These are Pakistani companies with marketing offices in US/EU etc. Like many furniture and other companies have their plants and factories here in Pakistan but show rooms in Dubai etc.

Since our local IT market is still year behind western countries, the major source of IT projects is still Western Countries. So these companies are bound to have marketing offices in those countries. This is almost similar to india, phillipines and bangladesh.

@Armstrong @Talon @Alpha1 @Slav Defence

Leadership%20team1.png

Making being there possible
Altia Systems Inc.
Altia Systems is an award winning venture-backed company based in Cupertino, California. PanaCast® is a unique product that enables anyone on desktop or mobile to receive an interactive, real-time Panoramic-HD 200 degree field of view video stream that replicates the human panoramic perspective. Follow @panacast1 on Twitter® for further information.
Leadership Team
Aurangzeb Khan, Co-Founder, President & CEO
Aurangzeb developed the company's vision, business plan and strategy in late 2010 / early 2011, and worked with Atif and Lars to develop the PanaCast® solution, raise the Series A round from investors with great entrepreneurial and early investor track records, and has helped grow the team with exceptional talent. Altia Systems’ products and solutions enable people to connect immersively via panoramic-HD video, using the PanaCast® system with the devices they already own, in a natural and intuitive way.
During 2009 – 2010, he was President & CEO at Everspin Technologies, Inc., a VC-funded spin-off focusing on MRAM ICs. In 2008, Aurangzeb co-founded Citius Consulting, a high-technology management consultancy with two public/private company CEO colleagues.
Earlier, he was co-founder, President & CEO at Altius Solutions and, following the merger with Simplex Solutions, EVP/GM of the SoC Design Foundry business at Simplex, contributing to a ~$300M IPO in May 2001 (NASD: SPLX). After Cadence Design Systems acquired Simplex in June 2002, he served as CVP/GM of Design Services business at Cadence.
Aurangzeb held senior engineering and general management positions at Cirrus Logic, Tandem Computers (now part of HP) and Fairchild. He helped deliver several industry-first systems and SoCs to market, including the Sony Computer Entertainment GS®I-32 and PlayStation®-2 Graphics Synthesizers, the Cirrus Logic 3Ci™ SoC and the Tandem Computers NonStop™ Himalaya™ and Cyclone™ series of massively-parallel servers. Several of the SoC and systems products received industry leadership recognition and delivered $200M to more than $1B in annual revenues.
Aurangzeb received an M.S. in Electrical Engineering and an M.S. in Engineering Management from Stanford University, executive education at the Stanford GSB, a double-major B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences and Nuclear Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley, and a B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics from Government College, Lahore, where he stood first in class and received the Academic Roll of Honor.

@Armstrong @Talon @Alpha1 @Slav Defence

Contributions of Silicon-Valley Pakistanis to High-Tech Revolution

Silicon Valley is home to 12,000 to 15,000 Pakistani Americans. Thousands of them are working at Apple, Cisco, Google, Intel, Oracle and hundreds of other high-tech companies from small start-ups to large Fortune 500 corporations. Pakistani-Americans are contributing to what Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee describe as "The Second Machine Age" in a recent book with the same title.
Pakistani-American Ecosystem: Pakistani-American entrepreneurs , advisers, mentors, venture capitalists, investment bankers, accountants and lawyers make up a growing ecosystem in Silicon Valley. Dozens of Pakistani-American founded start-ups have been funded by top venture capital firms. Many such companies have either been acquired in M&A deals or gone public by offering shares for sale at major stock exchanges. Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs (OPEN) has become a de facto platform for networking among Pakistani-American entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley. It holds an annual event called OPEN Forum which attracts over 500 attendees. OPEN Forum 2014 is scheduled for Saturday, May 10, 2014, at the Santa Calra Marriott.
Putting it in context of the global Pakistani diaspora, there are 5 million to 6 million people of Pakistani descent living outside Pakistan, making up the world's 7th largest diaspora . Of these, the US alone has 410,000 Pakistanis , according US Census 2010. California state has 47,000 Pakistanis, about a quarter of them in Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley Pakistanis are enabling the 2nd Machine Revolution which is expected to be similar in scope and transformational impact as the First Machine Revolution, also known as the Industrial Revolution of the 18th century.
Second Machine Revolution: Silicon Valley is driving the second machine revolution which is similar in global scope and transformational impact as the First Machine Revolution, also known as the Industrial Revolution of the 18th century. Much of Asia and Africa, including what constitutes Pakistan today, were left behind and colonized after the last industrial revolution that was driven by inventions like the steam engine and the printing press. This time, however, Pakistanis are in the forefront of the current machine revolution, contributing to the exponential growth in high-tech enabled by semiconductor technology as predicted by Moore's Law, named after Intel founder Gordon Moore.
Here are a few examples of how doubling of computer chip densities every 2 years is changing the world: \
1. Smartphones are now as powerful as huge mainframe computers of a decades ago. Pakistani-American chip technologists at Intel (Microprocessors) and other companies (SoC chips) have contributed to it. Intel (Riaz Haq) , AMD and Raza Microelectronics (Atiq Raza), OpenSilicon (Naveed Sherwani), Muhammad Irfan (Whizz Systems).
2. Ability to communicate 24X7X365 is now taken for granted around the globe. Pakistani-Americans at Intel (Ethernet), Cisco (routers, switches) and other companies have driven it. Intel (Sikanadar Naqvi), Cavium (Raghib Husain), Wichorus (Rehan Jalil), VPNet (Idris Kothari, Saeed Kazmi), Cisco and PLUMgrid (Owais Nemat)
3. 3D vision is enabling computer games (XBox Kinect) and self-driving cars. Pakistani-American Nazim Kareemi's Canesta's 3D chips have made these possible.
4. Cloud Computing is supplanting WinTel era PC computing, enabling much more mobile work using small portable devices like smartphones and tablets. Many Pakistani-Americans are making it happen.
Fireeye (Ashar Aziz), vIPTela (Amir Khan), Elastica (Rehan Jalil)
Moore's Law on Exponential Growth Personal Computer Revolution Intel (Riaz Haq), VIA Technologies (Idris Kothari, Saeed Kazmi), SandForce (Sikandar Naqvi), AST Computers (Safi Qureshi in Irvine)
Communications Revolution Intel (Sikanadar Naqvi), Cavium (Raghib Husain), Wichorus (Rehan Jalil), VPNet (Idris Kothari, Saeed Kazmi), Cisco(Khali Raza, Owais Nemat, Raghib Husain), PLUMgrid (Owais Nemat)
Cloud Computing
Fireeye (Ashar Aziz) , vIPTela (Khali Raza, Amir Khan), Elastica (Rehan Jalil)
Big Data Oracle (Sohaib Abbasi), Obama Campaign (Rayid Ghani)
Artificial Intelligence Canesta (Nazim Kareemi)
Education: Khan Academy (Bilal Musharraf, Ali Hasan Cemendtaur), Chegg (Osman Rashid)
Consumer Apps Streetline (Zia Yusuf), Kiwi (Omar Siddiqui)
Business Apps Convo (Faizan Buzdar), Infonox (Safwan Shah), Vertical Systems Inc (Saeed Kazmi, Idris Kothari)
TV Entertainment HBO Comedy Silicon Valley (Kumail Nanjiani), Jadoo TV (Sajid Sohail),
Triple-Oscar-Winning Computer-generated Imagery (CGI) for Hollywood hits Frozen, Life of Pi and The Golden Compass (Mir Zafar Ali).
Venture Capital Sequoia Capita (Aaref Hilaly), CMEA Capital (Faysal Sohail, Saad Khan), Alloy Ventures (Ammar Hanafi), ePlanet Ventures (Asad Jamal).
Positive Media Coverage:The mainstream media and the tech press have noticed the contribution of Pakistani-Americans in the Valley. I was recognized in 1980s by the PC magazine as a person of the year award given to the Intel 80386 microprocessor design team. More recently, there have been positive stories about Pakistani-American entrepreneurs in Forbes and other publications. A Forbes story recently acknowledged that Pakistan is among a dozen countries which are birthplaces of some of the most successful Silicon Valley companies funded by Sequoia Capital, a top venture capital firm credited with early investments in Cisco and Google. Another recent article called Silicon Valley Pakistanis a "model minority" .

Community

Last edited:
GAME-CHANGING HIGH-TECH PRODUCTS FROM INCEPTION TO PROFITABLE COMMERCIALIZATION
Global, technologically focused & innovative leader who is passionate and tenacious about developing products that enhance lives and have a global impact. Takes leading-edge products from roadmap and concept to prototype and implementation in a broad range of industries with novel sensor, processing and networking applications. Leads creative teams to remarkable collective achievements that far exceed stakeholder expectations by establishing a shared vision and then leading “from behind” to foster creativity and initiative.

Selected Results:
Award-Winning Product Design:
Drove the award-winning (Demo Mobile 2013) Panacast camera from concept to production for ubiquitous desktop/mobile video conferencing.

Industry-Changing Innovation:
Enabled company to be the top contender in the automotive imager space with delivery of automobile rear vision camera technology, today used universally.

Revenue Generation:
Delivered three imager SOCs (industry firsts) in the mobile, 2D barcode scanner and automotive space in six years, delivering over $400M in revenue.

Mass Manufacturing:
Developed a multi-imager capture platform for 1MP-50MP camera family, and established the process for mass production with a contract manufacturer in China.

Innovation and Creativity:
Holder of 12 US patents in a variety of technology solutions across multiple industries.
Atif Sarwari's Experience
CTO
Altia Systems Inc.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Telecommunications industry
August 2011 – April 2014 (2 years 9 months) Cupertino, CA 95014
Venture-backed start-up designer of end-to-end ubiquitous video conferencing systems.

• Developed the company's overall solution & technology architecture, and products
• Spotted world class talent and built grounds-up engineering team
• Defined architecture, managed cross-functional teams and delivered the award-winning (Demo Mobile 2013) Panacast camera within the first 3 quarters of company's inception
CTO
Arktan Systems Inc.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Security and Investigations industry
June 2008 – July 2011 (3 years 2 months) San Francisco, CA 94104
One of three co-founders of this start-up designer/OEM of Panoramic Cameras for the home and automotive market. Technology sold to Altia three years after company inception.

• Drove family of 4 camera SKUs and 3 camera solutions from concept to production
• Defined architecture and developed a multi-imager capture platform for 1MP-50MP Camera family
• Negotiated and sealed technology licensing deals
• Developed and nurtured key partnerships with optics/sensor/SOC/ASSP/ASIC suppliers
• Established the process for mass-manufacture
• Evangelized company to business and technical community
H/W Design Manager
Micron Technology
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MU; Semiconductors industry
September 2002 – February 2008 (5 years 6 months) San Jose, CA 95134
Led chip development based on ability to productize Photobit (CMOS imaging) technology for this global, leading-edge semi-conductor technology company.

The position involved leading a team that took a Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) all the way to proven Silicon. In a span of under a year (an aggressive schedule), a team of very talented individuals, defined architecture, delivered specification, completed front-end design entry/synthesis/physical implemention/tapeout and finally validated the product. These products were industry firsts (CMOS imaging devices with integrated image-processing) and ushered the company into the prized automotive imaging space.
Atif Sarwari's Publications
Atif Sarwari's Patents

Both Aurangzeb Khan and Atif Sarwari Are Shining Stars For Pakistan in Silicon Valley.I Wish We Had More Like Them In The West

investment on information technology is good thing. In future Inshallsh Pakistan also improve in other technology sector because technology is the necessary for success.

Assalam O Alaikum
EveryOne ! Guys me and my team Developing a PC Game based on Pakistan Army So Can anyone please help me i need some new Camouflage |Uniform High Quality Textures

Assalam O Alaikum
EveryOne ! Guys me and my team Developing a PC Game based on Pakistan Army So Can anyone please help me i need some new Camouflage |Uniform High Quality Textures
Which engine are you using and who will be the enemy?

Back
Top Bottom