What's new

Pakistan's new Cyber crime Law would effect PDF? Why and How?

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As we all now Pakistan approved controversial Cyber crime bill which almost kills the independence of social media would it effect PDF too?

Salient features of bill
  • Up to five year imprisonment, PKR 10 million fine or both for hate speech, or trying to create disputes and spread hatred on the basis of religion or sectarianism.

• Up to five year imprisonment, PKR 5 million fine or both for transferring or copying of sensitive basic information.

• Up to PKR 50 thousand fine for sending messages irritating to others or for marketing purposes. If the crime is repeated, the punishment would be three months imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 1 million rupees.

• Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 0.5 million for creating a website for negative purposes.

• Up to one year imprisonment or a fine of up to PKR 1 million for forcing an individual for immoral activity, or publishing an individual’s picture without consent, sending obscene messages or unnecessary cyber interference.

• Up to seven year imprisonment, a fine of PKR 10 million or both for interfering in sensitive data information systems.

• Three month imprisonment or a PKR 50 thousand fine or both for accessing unauthorised data.

• Three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 5 million for obtaining information about an individual’s identification, selling the information or retaining it with self.

• Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 0.5 million for issuing a sim card in an unauthorised manner.

• Up to three year imprisonment and fine of up to PKR 1 million rupees for making changes in a wireless set or a cell phone.

• Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 1 million for spreading misinformation about an individual.

Quite a serious issue this. however when you see the extent of all those OTHER laws bein inplemented i wont worry too much about such stupid bill. On other hand, it is something concerning the gov. Directly so you never know. Now to add to the uncertanity of this post :lol: i think such laws are made jus lt to be used as a tool to target some specific person or group WHEN required. They do not really effect general public.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
:p

Quite a serious issue this. however when you see the extent of all those OTHER laws bein inplemented i wont worry too much about such stupid bill. On other hand, it is something concerning the gov. Directly so you never know. Now to add to the uncertanity of this post :lol: i think such laws are made jus lt to be used as a tool to target some specific person or group WHEN required. They do not really effect general public.
Very true butt if the media team of Mariam Nawaz may present in this forum and may complain against some posts or threads then authorities can implement it.
Like your joke on bald PM....:what:

By posting all this you are revolting against the law?

I believe main target of this law is PTianzz on social media. In that case many PDF members would be on their hit list.

Nope all those tweets are in favor of our government. :) *innocent face*
What about the law? your opinion
It may effect you also.

Up to three year imprisonment and fine of up to PKR 1 million rupees for making changes in a wireless set or a cell phone.

Does this include changing rom's on Android ?
What a kind of heck this law is?

Up to one year imprisonment or a fine of up to PKR 1 million for forcing an individual for immoral activity, or publishing an individual’s picture without consent, sending obscene messages or unnecessary cyber interference.

So if you are posting a group photo and some passerby came into image, you need to take his permission? else he can sue you for 1million, is it?

So if you are posting a group photo and some passerby came into image, you need to take his permission? else he can sue you for 1million, is it?
all these laws seems to tackle methods criminals use.. but they are so broad it might be used to harass ordinary people.. if you take my pic without my permission I should be able to ask you to take it down.. unless its some newsworthy story that trumps privacy concern..

Dont give a **** about Baboon or Al e baboon arrest me if you want to it wont stop me from mocking,criticising or ridiculing baboon and al e baboon

#BolKeyLabAzadHeinTerey
#CyberCrimeLawIsCyberMartialLaw

I believe main target of this law is PTianzz on social media. In that case many PDF members would be on their hit list.

What about the law? your opinion
It may effect you also.
Bc zia ki lidoan ka naya c&&tayapa

A law against free speech by so called champions of democracy

Atip for folks on fb dont use you personal details and use tor if you criticze govt a lot

We are studying the bill for its possible implications on Pakistan Defence. We will have an internal debate to see what we are going to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom