What's new

Pakistan's National anthem in Bengali.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This anthem by Qazi nazr-al-Islam was one of the proposed national anthems of Pakistan. This anthem was written in Bengali language and is now being presented with english translation. :pakistan:
bengalianthem.jpg
60.jpg

@asad71 @idune @MBI Munshi @Loki @The Snow Queen

Last edited:
It is a good one. it has a good inspiring message, but it is still second to the one we have, which is awe inspiring.

1.This is a poem/song by our-national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam. It was adopted as the regimental song of The East Bengal Regt in the 60's.

2. Pre 1955 we in E Bengal used to sing another national anthem in easy Bengali which could be understood by most of W Pakistanis. It rang somewhat like this:

Pakistan Zindabad, Pakistan Zindabad/
Chand Tara Sabuj tar quaomi nishan --

3. Bengalees were not happy when the new quami tarana of Pakistan was adopted in 1955. We didn't understand a word of it. In fact I am sure not many Pakistanis understand the meaning, although the tune is most exhilarating/inspiring.

He wrote this while at his military service, at the time bengalis were seen weak by the British, (not meeting martial race definition) and Bengali youth were discouraged from joining, so he wrote that... results speak for themselves in ww2

1.This is a poem/song by our-national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam. It was adopted as the regimental song of The East Bengal Regt in the 60's.

2. Pre 1955 we in E Bengal used to sing another national anthem in easy Bengali which could be understood by most of W Pakistanis. It rang somewhat like this:

Pakistan Zindabad, Pakistan Zindabad/
Chand Tara Sabuj tar quaomi nishan --

3. Bengalees were not happy when the new quami tarana of Pakistan was adopted in 1955. We didn't understand a word of it. In fact I am sure not many Pakistanis understand the meaning, although the tune is most exhilarating/inspiring.

Urdu was a new language for everyone in West Pakistan too, so you are probably right, not many would have understood it, it is heavily influenced by the Persian language.

But, it hits me to my core, each time I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom