Pakistan's Missile Technology

Discussion in 'Pakistan Strategic Forces' started by Janbaz, Mar 25, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Developereo

Developereo PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +19 / 14,513 / -0
    Pakistan
    Oh dear, the "S" manoeuver. Not the dreaded "S" manoeuver....

Haven't you been reading? It's the friction heat signature, not the radar or exhaust heat.

Like I said, the West doesn't take the Brahmos too seriously. Because it is possible to intercept it. And if something is possible, you can bet it has been done, or someone is working on it.

I didn't say Pakistan has the capability; only that it is possible. I am sure the Chinese have the infrastructure and brains to develop an interceptor. And, if it becomes necessary, Pakistan can get it from China.

It would be nice if Pakistan had the technological infrastructure to develop it ourselves, but we do not. For now we rely on third parties.
  2. Isaq Khan

Isaq Khan BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 323 / -0

Buddy,

He have to understand

1. Super sonic
    2. Maneuverability
    3. Interceptor
    4. Cruise missile
    5. trajectory
    6. altitude etc.

Also he is not ready to see how close is Lahore and Islamabad from Indian border. Under 150 kms i.e. less than 3 minutes from hitting target.

How on earth they can detect and destroy a SUPER SONIC CRUISE MISSILE.
  3. Isaq Khan

Isaq Khan BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 323 / -0
    1. How do u came to concludes that west don't take Brahmos seriously????

2. Moreover, we don't have any enmity with west.

3. And don't talk like someone must be working on it kind of. Everyone is working on something, we are not debating Brahmos not running wild houses of imagination.
  4. policecontrolroom

policecontrolroom BANNED

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    maybe throwing some stones when it passes over through LOC???

3 minutes is such a short time i dont think anything can be done when its launched considering the capability of the missile.

its launch and BOOOOOOMMMMM :bunny:
  5. indianrabbit

indianrabbit ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,232 / -1
    By the way this section is about Pakistan's Missile system being 3rd in World. I do not believe you are third.
    1) USA
    2) Russia
    3) China
  6. sab

sab FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 784 / -0
    DEVELEPEREDO

I could not understand the heat signature part. You were talking about heat generated by friction. Right??? But the intercepter will not only see the heat signature at present position of the missile but same heat signature in the flight path the missile immediately left behind (which can be few km long for a supersonic missile. That means the intercepter will not see a point as a target but a trail which giving similar heat signature.
    Hope the picture below can clarify it.
    [​IMG]
  7. Developereo

Ratings:
    +19 / 14,513 / -0
    Pakistan
    There were a number of articles in the Western press. I think STRATFOR had one or two also.

I agree I don't know of an existing system to intercept it, only that it is theoretically possible. If your potential enemy develops a weapon, don't you think countries (China) would be developing counter measures?

Well, if Indian ABM systems take "man hours" to calculate incoming missile trajectories, we have nothing to worry about ;)

But seriously, AFAIK, India does not have the capability to intercept cruise missiles. I am sure it is working on it. But in any case, the higher speed of the Brahmos is actually a disadvantage in terms of heat signature and detectability.

I agree.

Correct. It will see a trail, but it can calculate the head of the trail and which way it is moving. Remember, IR is radiation and travels at the speed of light. And with fast computers on board, even a hypersonic missile is moving at snail's pace. And I doubt the Brahmos zigzags around during most of its flight just for the sake of it.
  8. LCA Tejas

LCA Tejas BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 608 / -0
    buddy, its easy to wake up a person whose asleep, but impossible to wake a up a person who is pretending to be asleep, no matter how much I tell you about it, you will not accept it, rather cling on your facts... the only advise from me to you is... google it and find yourself if it can be intercepted or not...
  9. Developereo

Ratings:
    +19 / 14,513 / -0
    Pakistan
    Why do countries continue to make aircraft even through they can be shot down? Or tanks? Or ballistic missiles?

It's about having a range of options in an offensive/defensive role.
  10. sab

sab FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 784 / -0
    There you goes wrong. The intercepter needs a human brain to understand the head of the trail. I t only knows to booooom the source of highest heat emmission. It is possible to take on a aircraft or a missile which travels in lower speed (simply because heat generation is less and hardly there will be a trail, generally intercepter follows the thin emission from engine which will be hiden by massive heat formation in case of Brahmos). But to intercept a supersonic cruise missile many upgradation needed though theoritacally it is vey well possible.

Coming to reality, none of india's rivals have such arrangement at least at present.
  11. manglasiva

manglasiva BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 106 / -0
    Developereo missile will hit the trail :D..by the time Brahmos will be sending signals back of its successful mission
  12. Aether

Aether PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +2 / 15,200 / -0
    Pakistan
    well due to short distance between the both countries............ expect the similar answer from Pakistan too

If we fire Babur to Amritsar that is 45 Kilometers as you mentioned

then see

800km/hour is babur....... how long is it going to target Amritsar? 2-3 minutes?

You don't inform your enemy when you are going to fire missiles right.... and due to extremely short distance it is highly likely it is going to hit your targets too :victory::victory::victory:
  13. LCA Tejas

LCA Tejas BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 608 / -0
    Why take so much risk, get it near the LOC and drop it across.... thats the only way to nuke... India has interceptor missiles... how about you? and Babur has low radar signature? And baburs speed is just 800km/hour , AAD or PAD is MACH 4.5 and MACH 5 each....
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  14. Developereo

Ratings:
    +19 / 14,513 / -0
    Pakistan
    Sorry, no. You take two readings and compute which way the trail is moving. It's not hard at all. I bet most university-level courses would include designing such an algorithm. The basic concept is downright trivial.

True. At present.

AFAIK, the Brahmos does not incorporate any technology to reduce friction heat signature. Remember, we are not talking exhaust heat, but friction heat against the missile body.
  15. sab

sab FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 784 / -0
    Readings of what???
    I agree such capability in Interceptors will be incorporated soon as technology is progressing, but any present system???