What's new

Pakistan's Missile Technology

Cant stop laughin.I think u will congrajulat us pretty soon then.We are sending 3 sats in three years.And last ones from our own SLV.
And about our missile techno i wonder if chinese have Babur,raad or shaheen or such missiles.

Bu russians do have the original missile u copied brahmos from tht was made operational after decades:rofl:

Pakistan going to send SLV, send it first and we will take that as a formidable step by pakistan.... and as far as BRAHMOS is concerned, it will be hard for you to digest even if some one mentions that 50.5 % of contribution is ours.... And Anyways its the only supersonic cruise missile in the world, and its ours, you dont need to burn on it.. we also have air land and water versions, and next Underwater submarine launch version is also in development

Last edited:
i think we are best in asia for missile tech and zinadabad pakistan

Hon Super Falcon,

Hate to be a spoil sport, but let us not get carried away. You don’t think that China is in the Asia? Also are you forgetting that our missiles were initially based on the technology borrowed from North Korea?

I am a Pakistani too and equally proud of the technical prowess of our scientists, but must we completely take leave of rational thought in our wishful thinking?

BRAHMOS is concerned, it will be hard for you to digest even if some one mentions that 50.5 % of contribution is ours.... And Anyways its the only supersonic cruise missile in the world, and its ours, you dont need to burn on it.. we also have air land and water versions, and next Underwater submarine launch version is also in development

Brahmos threat is exaggerated. In fact, precisely because of its supersonic speed, it generates such an enormous heat signature that makes it a magnet for heat-seaking missiles.

Note: this heat signature is due to air friction against its body, nothing to do with the exhaust system.

Also, the crucial propulsion system was provided by the Russians. The only Indian contribution was the inertial guidance/computer system.

Brahmos threat is exaggerated. In fact, precisely because of its supersonic speed, it generates such an enormous heat signature that makes it a magnet for heat-seaking missiles.

Note: this heat signature is due to air friction against its body, nothing to do with the exhaust system.

Also, the crucial propulsion system was provided by the Russians. The only Indian contribution was the inertial guidance/computer system.

And its not possible to Intercept it....and a hypersonic version is heading its way

And its not possible to Intercept it....

Any projectile can be intercepted. All the interceptor has to do is to be in the Brahmos flight path. And the interceptor missile doesn't need to give itself away since it is silent and zeroing in on the Brahmos' heat signature.

Why do you suppose the West has essentially dismissed the Brahmos as a threat?

and a hypersonic version is heading its way

Great! An even bigger heat signature for the interecptors to zero in on.

Any projectile can be intercepted. All the interceptor has to do is to be in the Brahmos flight path. And the interceptor missile doesn't need to give itself away since it is silent and zeroing in on the Brahmos' heat signature.

the only problem is, that has not yet been developed... Its a fire and forget missile Btw...

the people who work on these missiles are more intelligent than you and me...

the people who work on these missiles are more intelligent than you and me...

Undoubtedly. But the designers of interceptor missile are not stupid either.

And the laws of physics are the same for everybody.

Undoubtedly. But the designers of interceptor missile are not stupid either.

And the laws of physics are the same for everybody.

There is no need to belittile anyone, the only thig I said that, there is no interpretor missile designed as of now to intercept this BRAHMOS.... The only way to intercept is, calculate its speed,altitude,your range, your missile speed and fire your luck at that but that too is impossible by the time you calculate BRAHMOS will reach its target....

There is no missile which does not produce heat, but this is mainly because of its speed, and with this speed its impossible for any missile to counter it... come on hope you are not joking.

to intercept at such high speed..ur interceptor should also be more fast !! and to have an ABM with more range and speed..the cost becomes prohibitive for a poor country like Pakistan.and I heard a rumor that they 're doing some work on spinning to make it more hard and minimize damage due to impact. DRDO/IA is planning to have number of Brahmos systems in Thousands, in reality u should also have batteries of interceptors..

May be you are right about Russians supplying propulsion system for Brahmos. But India successfully uses the same Ramjet propulsion system in Missile like Akash SAM which are now being inducted in large number.

The Akash ,like the Russian 2K12 Kub (SA-6 Gainful), utilizes an integrated ramjet-rocket propulsion system, which provides thrust for the missile throughout its entire flight. "Because this missile has an integrated ram-rocket, manoeuvrability is highest. The engine is 'on' throughout the flight. The thrust is on till the missile intercepts the target. Most other surface-to-air missiles, including the U.S. Patriot and the Russian S-300 series, use solid-fuel rocket propulsion.

No need to be kiddish there is not a kid competition going on.

Destroying a hypersonic missile is impossible and that' 100% true.

I give u a example, suppose u have to run with a Cheeta, can u run as fast as Cheeta absolutely no but u can see Cheeta but can not defeat it.

The supersonic Brahmos missile or hypersonic Brahmos even if u get to know its fired towards u then it will leave u no time to destroy it.

Because u have to go through many process seeing Brahmos through radars , target tracking, instructing missile to intercept it, time taken by missile to launch and then zoom towards Brahmos and then running with Brahmos maneuverability and destroy it.

Brahmos weight 3000 kg speed mach 2.8 = 952.81200 m / s
Speed of average bullet 0.012 kg 400 ms

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BULLET
Is impossible to catch a bullet than how can you intercept missile which is more than 2x fold of its speed.......

I will give you another example suppose a current version of the Brahmos missile which is already deployed is launched

The Distance between Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir,India) and Islamabad (Islamabad,Pakistan) is : 170.62 kilometers (km).

The speed of current version of Brahmos is : around 1 km per second

Brahmos will take 170 seconds or less than 3 minutes to strike at Islamabad, now tell me how u will counter it.

And u must also remember hypersonic Brahmos will be there by 2012 which will have about 3 times the speed of current version of Brahmos.

The Distance between Amritsar (Punjab,India) and Lahore Airfield (Punjab,Pakistan) [Airport] is : 45.48 kilometers (km).

It will not take even a minute i.e. only 45 seconds to strike in Lahore.

So stop assumptions and realize the truth even US and China can't destroy it. US has developed a ship based defense system (The RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM)) to destroy supersonic missiles but not hypersonic.

Last edited:
The spate of Indian tantrums notwithstanding, the fact is that Brahmos is super/hyper sonic. Get it? sonic, as in the speed of sound.

Now the speed of electronic calculations and radar tracking is measured in milli/microseconds, not minutes, so any interceptor missile will have plenty of time to intercept the Brahmos.

Why on earth would an interceptor have to catch up to Brahmos? The Brahmos is coming towards it. All the interceptor has to do is to calculate the trajectory and make sure it gets in the way. Boom! End of Brahmos.

So, unless the Brahmos has some sort of optical detection mechanism and constant evasive maneouvering (impossible at that speed), it is easy to intercept. Especially since the interceptor missile is invisible to Brahmos; it is not emitting any radar because it is looking at the Brahmos massive heat signature.

Last edited:
The spate of Indian tantrums notwithstanding, the fact is that Brahmos is super/hyper sonic. Get it? sonic, as in the speed of sound.

Now the speed of electronic calculations and radar tracking is measured in milli/microseconds, not minutes, so any interceptor missile will have plenty of time to intercept the Brahmos.

Why on earth would an interceptor have to catch up to Brahmos? The Brahmos is coming towards it. All the interceptor has to do is to calculate the trajectory and make sure it gets in the way. Boom! End of Brahmos.

Yaar, ab to maan ja.

Why make ur self a laughing stroke.

I have taken part with American and European in military forum even they agree with me on this.

U r claiming Pakistan have got 100% full poof air defense from every type of most sophisticated missiles in the world.

Back
Top Bottom