What's new

Pakistan's main threat 'failure' of governance than India: Musharraf

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan's main threat 'failure' of governance than India: Musharraf

Dubbing his political detractors as "cowards," Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has said that the greatest threat his country is facing today is "failure" of governance than India or Taliban.

"I would say, failure of governance is the greatest threat today," Musharraf, who has announced his return to active Pakistani politics from London where he has been living in self-imposed exile since the general election of 2008, said.

The wily commando-turned-politician said the immediate necessity on the ground in Pakistan is a "functional governance structure free of corruption".

In an interview here to Indian publication 'The Week,' Musharraf said the current Pakistan People's Party-led government has failed to effectively govern the country.

"The PPP government has failed to do so. Nawaz Sharif came to power twice but could not do anything productive because he is actually brainless," Musharraf said.

His remarks came amid criticism of the PPP-led government for its inept handling of the catastrophic floods and corruption.

Asked if he planned to return to Pakistan, the 67-year-old Musharraf said he would as soon as election is announced.

"I will return as soon as elections are announced. In the meantime, I will focus on strengthening the party from here," he said, referring to his 'All Pakistan Muslim League' which he launched here on October 1 thousands of miles away from Pakistan.

The next general election in Pakistan is scheduled for 2013.

Musharraf also said he was not perturbed by reports that he will be facing trouble if he returned to Pakistan.

"Let them do whatever they want to. As far as I am concerned, there are no hindrances for my return when I want to. All those opposing me are cowards and are scared of my return," he said.

Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had recently said that if Musharraf returned to Pakistan, the Supreme Court will "welcome" him as a slew of cases were pending against him.

Pak's main threat 'failure' of governance than India: Musharraf - The Times of India

Dubbing his political detractors as "cowards," Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has said that the greatest threat his country is facing today is "failure" of governance than India or Taliban.

What does this even mean?

Something Sensible From Musharraf Finally :coffee:

But what's the point? He cannot do anything now. He should have done something when he was in power.

And I doubt he is coming to power ever again.

Meaning the immediate centric threat of Pakistan, is the collapse of the government and not it's nuclear armed neighbor India, or the increasing of extremists within the country.

But what's the point? He cannot do anything now. He should have done something when he was in power.

And I doubt he is coming to power ever again.

Musharraf is a Master in Saying One Thing and Doing something very different

Back
Top Bottom