What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

The sooner people such as the idiots who caused YouTube and Facebook bans stop getting a reaction, to try and prove their point, the sooner all this stupidity will end.

They are doing it for negative reactions only, and I'm sure there's more to come. The only thing to do is tell everybody to ignore it... but that would never happen.

I know which website started it all and they also had an 'international deny the holocaust day', and that group was deleted off Facebook by moderators... three days after it was created.

God i love pakistan but it sometimes it really irritates the f uck out of me who the hell made LHC the damn spokerperson for all muslims in pakistan ? why can't we shoot the message instead of the messenger ? no other muslim country in the world is retarded as pakistan even saudi arabia or afghanistan don't do this wtf this is gonna completely destroy alot of commerce,communication and information access in pakistan I thought the youtube and facebook ban was bad but we'll really go backward after this.
I wonder whats next I mean satanic verses was published as a book and lord of the rings and harry potter have black magic thats unislamic so maybe pakistan will ban books next for promoting blasphemous content heck maybe we'll also ban history ancient egyptians, greeks and romans had their own gods instead of believing in Allah thats unislamic so lets ban people from learning ancient history .

Censorship is a slippery slope , once you start it get real hard to stop, and you get more and more of it....like Egypt, Egyptians cant critcise the military and in spite of the size of Egypts Military it has almost become a joke.

Hi i am newbie here but i heard from friends back home that they have benned BlackBerry Services, Gmail, MSN, Yahoo and Google... Is this correct?

Here is an E Mail makeing the rounds in the USA, perhaps the world by now

Wichman sent an e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association.
The e-mail was in response to the students' protest of the Danish cartoons that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist.
The group had complained the cartoons were 'hate speech.'
============
Enter Professor Wichman.
==========================================
In his e-mail, he said the following:
===============================
Dear Muslim Association,
As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to protest your protest.
I am offended not by cartoons, but by more mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the latest in Turkey), burnings of Christian churches, the continued persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, the imposition of Sharia law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women (called 'whores' in your culture), the murder of film directors in Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France.
This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and academic, and many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied, aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Muslims to be very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile 'protests.'
If you do not like the values of the West - see the First Amendment - you are free to leave. I hope for God's sake that most of you choose that option.
Please return to your ancestral homelands and build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.
Cordially,
I. S. Wichman
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
=============================
As you can imagine,
The Muslim group at the university didn't like this too well.
They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded, that the university impose mandatory diversity training for faculty,
And mandate a seminar on hate and discrimination for all freshmen.
Now, the local chapter of CAIR has jumped into the fray.
CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, apparently doesn't believe that the good professor
Had the right to express his opinion.
==========
For its part, the university is standing its ground in support of Professor Wichman,
Saying the e-mail was private, and they don't intend to publicly condemn his remarks.
============================================================
Send this to your friends, and ask them to do the same.
Tell them to keep passing it around until the whole country gets it.
We are in a war.
This political correctness crap is getting old and killing us.
==================
If you agree with this,
Please send it to all your friends,
If not, simply delete it.

Every action has a reaction.

Censorship is a slippery slope , once you start it get real hard to stop, and you get more and more of it....like Egypt, Egyptians cant critcise the military and in spite of the size of Egypts Military it has almost become a joke.

Ive lived in Egypt for a few years. Please dont put Pakistan and Egypt in the same boat. We are a MUCH free country (I say we are too much free)

our media is free, the talk shows, newspapers; you can criticise the leadership (people do it everyday in the streets)

I love Egypt, but it is indeed a police state (since emergency rule has been in effect since 1981). On the ground, you dont really notice anything anyways.

Egyptians arent very 'political' people anyways. Why should they criticise their armed forces anyways?

The e-mail was in response to the students' protest of the Danish cartoons that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist.
============
Enter Professor Wichman.
Dear Muslim Association,
As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to protest your protest.
I am offended not by cartoons, but by more mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the latest in Turkey), burnings of Christian churches, the continued persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, the imposition of Sharia law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women (called 'whores' in your culture), the murder of film directors in Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France.
This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and academic, and many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied, aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Muslims to be very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile 'protests.'
If you do not like the values of the West - see the First Amendment - you are free to leave. I hope for God's sake that most of you choose that option.
Please return to your ancestral homelands and build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.
Cordially,
I. S. Wichman
As you can imagine,
They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded, that the university impose mandatory diversity training for faculty,
CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, apparently doesn't believe that the good professor
==========
For its part, the university is standing its ground in support of Professor Wichman,
Saying the e-mail was private, and they don't intend to publicly condemn his remarks.
We are in a war.
==================
If you agree with this,

if it were 1861, you would clearly be on the side of the Confederacy

p.s. do professors talk like that? Is that a professional correspondence to you? If you think it is, then go get your head examined at some point

============
Enter Professor Wichman.
Dear Muslim Association,
Cordially,
I. S. Wichman
As you can imagine,
==========
We are in a war.
==================
If you agree with this,

A Turkish man was charged Friday with murder in the stabbing death of a Roman Catholic bishop, the Vatican's apostolic vicar in Anatolia, for whom he worked as a driver, a court said.

The killing of Monsignor Luigi Padovese outside his home in the Mediterranean port of Iskenderun on Thursday was the latest in a string of attacks in recent years on Christians in predominantly Muslim Turkey, where Christians make up less than 1 percent of the 70 million population.

The 26-year-old driver, Murat Altun, confessed to the killing, his lawyer Cihan Onal said.

"The murder is not politically motivated," Onal told the state-run Anatolia news agency. "My client is suffering from mental problems. He confessed to all the details of the killing."

Turkey should not be mentioned here. Unless your doing so under the current administration. The man was charged and will most likely serve life in prison. Case closed. Ask Erdogan why he has a aggressive stance against the church because other administrations are not. Then again those were also not Islamic administrations.

Ive lived in Egypt for a few years. Please dont put Pakistan and Egypt in the same boat. We are a MUCH free country (I say we are too much free)

our media is free, the talk shows, newspapers; you can criticise the leadership (people do it everyday in the streets)

I love Egypt, but it is indeed a police state (since emergency rule has been in effect since 1981). On the ground, you dont really notice anything anyways.

Egyptians arent very 'political' people anyways. Why should they criticise their armed forces anyways?

If unfair practics, corruptions,,poor moral are kept secret they will continue and the military deteriorates.

if it were 1861, you would clearly be on the side of the Confederacy

p.s. do professors talk like that? Is that a professional correspondence to you? If you think it is, then go get your head examined at some point

Its a letter from a professor from the University of Michigan that was supposed to have been sent to some Michigan Muslem group at the university of Michigan that was demostrating against the cartoons. Its now makeing the rounds of the email on internet which means millions are reading it.

============
Enter Professor Wichman.
Dear Muslim Association,
Cordially,
I. S. Wichman
As you can imagine,
==========
We are in a war.
==================
If you agree with this,

Very well said. Its just like people like you and me start trolling here and break rules and in return demand that admins and mods should be given "training for diversity", what can happen?? At least one would be warned to behave or quit the place. I think what you just mentioned is a similar case.

Outsiders who go in western countries and want their hosts to succumb to their religious beliefs and their style of living are not correct in their pretention.

Back
Top Bottom