What's new

Pakistan's Future ICBM 'Taimur'

Salahadin

Reaction score
Pakistan . ICBMS Nuclear Capable Missile Taimur is this a rumor or is there something we are working on please advise :pakistan:

For attacking India or Isrel (may be possible future threat) Pak does not need ICBM,Can any of our friends tell me if there is any significance Pakistan spending on ICBM?

For attacking India or Isrel (may be possible future threat) Pak does not need ICBM,Can any of our friends tell me if there is any significance Pakistan spending on ICBM?

There might / will be a threat from Nato. Something to make people nervous in europe and us might be a good idea.

A slv is needed anyway; a slv is infact an icbm.

I think there is a commenrcial market for launching satellites and pakistan wants in on this.These technologies are always dual use and unless we can justify it for the commercial aspect it would be difficult for us to justify it. It is impoertant to understand that each stage of development in science and industry creates many parallel industries and capabilities. in many ways it is that capability which the world wants ot deny us and India tosome extent rather than the Ballistic missiles.
As far as taimur is concerned there are certainly rumours but there is no concrete proof of its existance. If ever we hear of it , I have a strong hunch we will hear of it in its commercial form
I hope it helps
Araz

We can always use it to attack India from far far away. Especially if a submarine version comes around...

Anyway, we should be capable of attacking any threat that may come by in the future. So we need missiles which can hit any part of the world.

Isn't Pakistan currently working on MIRV system for now? The ICBM rumours are nothing but rumours for now (Or so it seems) because Pakistan first has to complete it's Ghauri-III and Shaheen-III.

I dont think Pak has any ICBM.However they might be working on one and Taimur might be a classified ICBM project for the future.I hope we do get one in the future.When Pak test fired Babur , it shocked the world.

guys there is already enough propoganda regarding our nukes. and this is when our nukes cant even reach beyond 2000km. imagine once we get an ICBM, even the polar ice caps will start melting.
i would say first of all we dont really need an ICBM. second even if we do get them, they should be kept as a secret and should only be exposed once our country is threatened by countries beyond our reach.
for the time being ghauri III and shaheen III will be great. shaheen III, with the range of 4000-4500km, can also be used as an SLV.
and i guess it was said last year that there are no plans for any SLV in next 10yrs.

I heard about Tipu Sultan as well. No more Information about it as well.

Regarding Taimur........ Its nice name by the way but ICBM is liking asking to much from our Scientists first let them Finish Projects like Tipu Sultan (IF ANY) and especially MIRV of Shahenn II and Ghauri III.

We need ICBM for our SLV project and also to Keep USA away from attacking Pakistan, I mean if USA says that there are some high value targets in Islamabad and the Drones Strike....... Pakistan will never want this to happen. Before USA used to strike on Borders areas only now They are Striking deeper and deeper into Pakistan, so that's why i have a feeling that they might Strike in Peshawar as well. So we need ICBM in case they feel safe because of the huge Distance between Pakistan and USA.

Sir there are no permanent enemy in this political world. same as no permanent friend so when some people say Pakistan don't need ICBM i don't agree. its always good to have some Armour in your wardrobe, you don't know when you will need it.
and as an Indian who knows the quality of its political enemy. pakistan might not have it right now but it will have it!

Pakistan should develop ICBM but keep it secret or buy icbms from China :D.Anyway i think Pakistan should immediately develop MIRV which is far more important then ICBM because we can hit our enemies easily using ICBM and even if we get ICBM they will be intercepted way before they reach any NATO nations (In case we get into conflict with NATO/US).
Thanks

I dont think Pak has any ICBM.However they might be working on one and Taimur might be a classified ICBM project for the future.I hope we do get one in the future.When Pak test fired Babur , it shocked the world.

Pakistan is full of surprises and World may see another one soon.

Pakistan is full of surprises and World may see another one soon.
sir
this is all just nationalist dream, you need to understand that fear of weapon is more important and fearful than weapon itself. and to make a ICBM is no joke you need very high technology ( i don't doubt that Pakistan can make it ... since their experience with missile technology). but you need to do test and answer where this funding go to people of you nation etc. and there are many more factor such as technology share , and making a statement about power of your country. so in my opinion Pakistan don't have a ICBM for now .
but i am sure they are developing some , and we the world will know when they will have it.

Back
Top Bottom