What's new

Pakistani Tank Queries

vsdoc

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Mods sorry I could not find any thread dedicated to pakistani tanks to post this query on. It is a really small query and does not deserve a separate thread so if some professional in the know could answer, mods could happily delete the entire thread later on. Its actually quite funny and am sure there would be some mundane explanation, but its been bugging me ever since I noticed it so just had to ask and have finally mustered some courage to post my query on what is a very highly technical sub-forum. Please do not mind .....

There is a foto of a pakistani tank on the top of the page (with an explosion behind it) ...... is there a long danda tied to the front? What is it used for? Exploding mines? Cleaning the turret? Also, is it part of the design or is it missing a front mudguard?

Cheers, Doc

Mods sorry I could not find any thread dedicated to pakistani tanks to post this query on. It is a really small query and does not deserve a separate thread so if some professional in the know could answer, mods could happily delete the entire thread later on. Its actually quite funny and am sure there would be some mundane explanation, but its been bugging me ever since I noticed it so just had to ask and have finally mustered some courage to post my query on what is a very highly technical sub-forum. Please do not mind .....

There is a foto of a pakistani tank on the top of the page (with an explosion behind it) ...... is there a long danda tied to the front? What is it used for? Exploding mines? Cleaning the turret? Also, is it part of the design or is it missing a front mudguard?

Cheers, Doc

Can you provide the link to the photo that you are talking about as i don't see such a photo anywhere on top of the page. Link plzzzz.

Arre the fotos keep changing on the top ..... like now it is explosion and 2 soldiers falling to the ground. Page ke upar walla foto bhai ..... across the whole page ..... just above the Home, Forums, etc. link.

Cheers, Doc

Well if you are talking about the pic in which there is black smoke behind & the driver's head is popped out & tank registration number is 87 43 48, the stick in front of it is neither used for what you said, vehicles of PA mostly carry such bamboo sticks for setting up camouflage nets when required, as there is no other use for such sticks.

Its a T-59 by the way & the smoke is no explosion but the smoke from its engine & yups the mudguard is missing, it sees to have either fell down or was removed deliberately.

TaimiKhan Bro,

I,ve noticed that u have good know how about armoured vehicles, can u please shed some light on A.K?

for example:-
1)how capable is it?
2)which tank can we compare it with?
3)is there A.K, A.K-1 and A.K-2 or just A.K and A.K-1?
4)what are the differences between all above?
5)which tank P.A intends to produce in bulk?
6)how much its gonna cost per unit?
7)Have we secured any orders from foreign buyers as yet?
8)who is our potential buyers?
9)can A.K or others in its series overwhelm Indian Tanks?
10)How tough its armour is expected to be?

no patriotism, answer me with utmost honesty please...

TaimiKhan Bro,

I,ve noticed that u have good know how about armoured vehicles, can u please shed some light on A.K?

for example:-
1)how capable is it?
10)How tough its armour is expected to be?

no patriotism, answer me with utmost honesty please...

First of all thanks for your such nice comments, i wish it had been true :), but alas am not good at armored vehicles, but do have a good understanding as have read about them a lot & have been around armored corps officers. anyhow will do my best to reply to your satisfaction as much as possible.

1)how capable is it?

In the light tank category meaning eastern block, i do rank it capable enough to counter any latest eastern tanks, but against western versions it may not hold that much until a very powerful gun or ammo is introduced strong enough to penetrate their armor.

Eastern block tanks, T-72s latest versions, Ukrainian ones, to great extent T-90s & some of the Chinese versions too.

The below pic is the more upgraded AK version with a soft kill APS Shotra system which wasn't seen in the initial versions. But i do believe a more upgraded version of AK (more in the league of latest Chinese T-99 version) is still to be seen in action, which i also believe would be the AK-2 much talked about). This pic may be called the AK1 as its upgraded model then the initial AK & AK2 will have a lot of changes.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/alkhalidnew.jpg/ http://g.imageshack.us/img36/alkhalidnew.jpg/1/

Hope the above answer also answers this question of yours, as i see more of a clone of T-99G or A2 version in AK2.

The AK2 as initial AK are around a 300+ figure meaning the bulk production of AK series are still to be done which would be the highly upgraded version as we have to counter in future the latest 1000+ Indian T-90s & upgraded 1000+ T-72s.

Rough estimate would be between 2-4Million US$ per unit cost as more new technologies are gonna be added in future.

Nops, not yet. Will be pretty hard to come by though in the forcible future.

Sri Lanka (was), Bangladesh, ME countries etc etc

In my opinion the fear of AK did make the Indians go for the Russian T-90s. Plus more emphasis on upgrading their T-72s too.

10)How tough its Armour is expected to be?

Well HIT has now stated its own Armor related research, plus Chinese factor is always there. Recent news have been saying that it had taken hits from certain types of ammo & sustained them too. Meaning it will be protected to some extent & with add on armor packages more protection will be given & upgraded as new techs come into play. Its armor would be something like Type-99s or so.

Personally i believe the latest version of AK to be more like a brother of the Chinese Type-99A2 or the G variant, as Chinese have now adopted the Hunter-Killer capability like AK in their latest version of Type-99 too.

Do read the below mentioned links & threads for an in depth understanding as these kind of discussions have been done a lot. Very informative too.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-forces/22400-pa-tanks-comparison-contempory-tanks-7.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/weapons-club/31547-ztz99-mbt-chinesse-tank-new.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-f...tions-related-number-tanks-pakistan-army.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-forces/88-al-khalid-2-a-16.html

Can u help me with one more thing Taimikhan?

how can i embed an image in my post, i know there is a button in the "Go Advanced" option in the reply section but it doesn't work, it asks for a URL, what if i want to upload an image which i have in my computer?

how can i embed an image in my post, i know there is a button in the "Go Advanced" option in the reply section but it doesn't work, it asks for a URL, what if i want to upload an image which i have in my computer?

thats good question actully me too want to know this...:cheers:

Go to this link, ImageShack® - Image Hosting , upload your pic, after its done the page will show you a link used for forums, copy it & when you are writing a post on defence.pk window, look at the tool box you will see a yellow icon with a mountain like thing, click it, paste the link found on the uploaded image website & click OK, done. Pic will appear.

Back
Top Bottom