What's new

Pakistani school charges 1 rupee fee

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
Aml-e-Danish school, in one of the poorest areas of the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, charges fees of just one rupee (US$0.01).

Its founder, Parveen Rao, says that the cost preserves the children's dignity and self-esteem, preventing them from seeing themselves as charity cases in a country where even government educational institutions charge substantial fees.

The school also runs classes for parents and offers loans to help them obtain qualifications.

Arif Shamim reports.

BBC News - Pakistani school charges one rupee fee

May God bless Parveen Rao for the work she has done for the 'less fortunate'. She should be recognized for her efforts. :pakistan:

Aml-e-Danish school, in one of the poorest areas of the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, charges fees of just one rupee (US$0.01).

Its founder, Parveen Rao, says that the cost preserves the children's dignity and self-esteem, preventing them from seeing themselves as charity cases in a country where even government educational institutions charge substantial fees.

The school also runs classes for parents and offers loans to help them obtain qualifications.

Arif Shamim reports.

BBC News - Pakistani school charges one rupee fee

May God bless Parveen Rao for the work she has done for the 'less fortunate'. She should be recognized for her efforts. :pakistan:

Full Respect to Parveen Rao .

Where the state has failed, a new light of hope has emerged through Good Pakistani

I have heard of schools charging 10Rs-20Rs but never this …

Great effort Masha`Allah

Peace

Making such a project as Aml-e-Danish school, I salute to Parveen Rao.
Pakistan needs lot of such personalities.

A very good effort by Parveen Rao. Could very well turn out to be another Edhi type foundation.

Parveen Rao is doing a fantastic job. She also has projects in Kalashah Kaku (Lahore) and muzafrabad. Its a really good cause to look out for and support. She has put all she has into this cause. Bless her - I wish there was more like her. Thank you for your efforts.

If anyone wants details of how to donate send me a PM and il forward them onto you.
Thanks

Let us not only salute her, but forward any cash which we would otherwise waste on junk and other goods.

Let us help out this noble person in her cause, may Allah bless her.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom