What's new

Pakistani Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif visits ancestral home at Jatti Umra

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JATTI UMRA: It was a homecoming that Pakistan Punjab's chief minister Muhammed Shahbaz Sharif had waited for 49 years. When he reached the village his father Mian Muhammad Sharif had lived in before migrating to Lahore in 1932, it was like yesterday once more for him.

Recalling his sole visit to his ancestral village, he said, "When I visited Jatti Umra in 1964 with my father and uncles, you people had served me hot milk and other eatables, I still remember that."

Sharif said he was going to remember this visit forever as it had fulfilled his lifelong wish to kiss his village's sacred soil.

Wishing to keeping his connection with his ancestral village alive, Sharif asked Badal to send a delegation from the village, including his father's friends Gian Singh and Massa Singh to Pakistan, and promised that he would ensure their visa and take care of them. He said that Gurbachan Singh and Major Singh, son of his father's friend Arjan Singh, had already visited him last year.

Gian Singh and Massa Singh were overwhelmed to see the son of their old friend Muhammad Sharif and who was now the CM of Pakistan Punjab. They hugged and kissed Sharif on the forehead and blessed his wife, his son Suleman Sharif, daughter-in-law, daughter Ayesha Haroon and son-in-law Haroon Yousaf Aziz.

Sharif became emotional when he touched the walls of Gurdwara Kalgidhar during his 5-minute visit there as his family had donated their ancestral house for the shrine's construction.

Sharing the difficult time his family of humble farmers had to undergo on reaching Pakistan, he said that his uncles worked as daily wagers in the factory of a Hindu and later started their own iron casting unit. But when the factory was taken over by Bhutto, they started afresh, and with the grace of God he was the Wazir-e-Azam of Pakistan Punjab today while his brother was the Wazir-e-Azam of Pakistan.

Pakistani Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif visits ancestral home at Jatti Umra - The Times of India

1521229_633855909986352_516602418_n.jpg

Thousands of villagers, who waited for more than five hours to have a glimpse of "the son of the village", warmly welcomed Mian Shahbaz Sharif as he arrived at his ancestral village of Jati Umra in India earlier today.

article-2524214-1A213FC200000578-705_634x452.jpg

Pakistan Punjab's Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif (fourth from right) with his family and Punjab Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal (far right) at the grave of the former's great grandfather in Tarn Taran

article-2524214-1A213FBE00000578-322_634x358.jpg

Emotional moment: Shahbaz with two of his father's friends

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom