What's new

Pakistani Punjab and Former East punjab

Were these punjabis from Lahore or Islamabad?

One of the guys in this group is mainly my friend and he is from Nankana Sahib, another guy is from Lahore.

For many people including you going by previous post, Pakistani is punjabi by default anyway.

O nai bhrawa, I interchanged the words Pakistani and Punjabi because the title of this thread is specific to Punjab.

I think the average Indian is ignorant of the geography of Pakistan and assumes that it will have as many different subcultures as India. It's the people on these defense forums that research stuff extensively that even know enough about Pakistan to know Punjabis are in substantial population.

One of the guys in this group is mainly my friend and he is from Nankana Sahib, another guy is from Lahore.

O nai bhrawa, I interchanged the words Pakistani and Punjabi because the title of this thread is specific to Punjab.

I think the average Indian is ignorant of the geography of Pakistan and assumes that it will have as many different subcultures as India. It's the people on these defense forums that research stuff extensively that even know enough about Pakistan to know Punjabis are in substantial population.

Lahore? Now it make sense.

17.5 is my guess work because it was 18.6 in 2015 , and we have almost 11-14℅ growth, one of the highest in india and you claims you dipped to 13 from 15 in same time with 7-8℅ growth?
@save_ghenda

Last edited:
17.5 is my guess work because it was 18.6 in 2015 , and we have almost 11-14℅ growth, one of the highest in india and you claims you dipped to 13 from 15 in same time with 7-8℅ growth?
@save_ghenda

gDP have little to do with poverty as proven by UN. Indian gdp isn't reliable indicator after Modi just incresed growth rate by 3% because apparently India was not calculating GDP properly. Anyway before guessing it wait for next UN report on MPI.

Indians don't know if pakistan too has a state called Punjab. Outside of India, Punjab is synonymous with Sikhs and India. When one hears someone speaking Punjabi outside of India, first thing they ask if that person is from India.

First thing that will come to their mind will be if he's Pakistani unless in sikh getup. Lets get real here. Punjabis are barely 2% of Indians. Even Brahui in Pakistan have more share in population.

They maybe 2% but Indian Punjabis project better softpower. No one in the world would connect Punjabis with pakistan. personal experience dude. Punjabi food, Punjabi language, Punjabi songs, Punjabi dance forms are all synonymous with India.

Stop drinking piss and wake up. First of all no one fucking cares outside, for them you are Indian and we are Pakistanis. Only thing world connect with India is piss drinking gangu telis not 2% community on verge of extinction by gangus.

First thing that will come to their mind will be if he's Pakistani unless in sikh getup. Lets get real here. Punjabis are barely 2% of Indians. Even Brahui in Pakistan have more share in population.

They maybe 2% but Indian Punjabis project better softpower. No one in the world would connect Punjabis with pakistan. personal experience dude. Punjabi food, Punjabi language, Punjabi songs, Punjabi dance forms are all synonymous with India.

If you name your restaurant 'Punjabi restaurant' in west, 99 percent of the people would assume it to be Indian (of course those who are familiar with Punjab)

Ghenda paaji, gusse kyu hunde ho., If an Indian hears Punjabi he will obviously think this guy is Indian Punjabi, if a Pakistani hears it they will think he is from Pakistan. Of course this applies for non Punjabis. A Punjabi can tell from the dialect and smattering of Urdu or Hindi words. Also I noticed that Pakistani Punjabis don't swear as much as Indian Punjabis?

2% community on verge of extinction

You keep saying this again and again. I'm curious why you think Punjabis are going extinct? Yes Sikhs are losing majority because of lower birth rate and immigration of bhaiyyas. But we ain't marrying them or losing our culture, we still plan on being around.

Ghenda paaji, gusse kyu hunde ho., If an Indian hears Punjabi he will obviously think this guy is Indian Punjabi, if a Pakistani hears it they will think he is from Pakistan. Of course this applies for non Punjabis. A Punjabi can tell from the dialect and smattering of Urdu or Hindi words. Also I noticed that Pakistani Punjabis don't swear as much as Indian Punjabis?

True, I meant outsiders/goras couldn't care less since for them we are either Pakistanis or Indians. Maybe things are different in Canada.

True, I meant outsiders/goras couldn't care less since for them we are either Pakistanis or Indians. Maybe things are different in Canada.

Na you're right they can't tell we are all brown immigrants invading their homeland :lol:

You keep saying this again and again. I'm curious why you think Punjabis are going extinct? Yes Sikhs are losing majority because of lower birth rate and immigration of bhaiyyas. But we ain't marrying them or losing our culture, we still plan on being around.
They are too much obsessed with ethnic majority, hence they have divided their states on ethnic lines too..not linguistic like us.
They don't realise if a punjabi guy still speak punjabi despite living in Mumbai since birth and same is the case with haryanvi, how can we extinct in our our province just because of some migrants.

Sikhs will be just fine but may become minority in their own state. But its ok since many sikhs live in other Indian states.

Most goras won't know what is punjab, but few who do, will relate it to indian punjab..hence i have earlier in this post that indian punjabis with 28 million population has more soft power than the rest of former punjab combined.

Sikhs will be just fine but may become minority in their own state. But its ok since many sikhs live in other Indian states.
Migrants can be utilized to develope our oen society, for example many people have started property business in noida ncr because of migrants arriving in north india in hordes..same is the case with punjab, the bihari migrants provide cheap labor to the farmers and various other jobs...

Many foreigners visit Punjab in India, while hardly there is any foreign tourists in Pakistan. This is another reason why foreigners just like rest of the Indians are clueless if there is a state of Punjab in Pakistan as well.
Yes, it is one of the reason. But i think punjabi entertainment industry is the most dominant factor in this soft power... punjabi songs in Bollywood,punjabi language in Bollywood and own punjabi music industry is much better than any other industry from south asia..
Even Pakistani punjabis are the ones who comment the most on indian punjabi songs on YouTube:big_boss::big_boss::rofl:

Most goras won't know what is punjab, but few who do, will relate it to indian punjab..hence i have earlier in this post that indian punjabis with 28 million population has more soft power than the rest of former punjab combined.

The dynamics are different, I understand why language and ethnic identity is big deal in east punjab. You will rarely see Pakistani punjabi identifying as punjabi outside Pakistan. For one because of huge population, pak punjabi is likely to come across another pak punjabi before any other Pakistani ethnicity. And outsiders will call you Pakistani anyway.

If Pakistan is divided in small provinces only then one may see sub nationalism. But even then I doubt it will be anything like east punjab.

The dynamics are different, I understand why language and ethnic identity is big deal in east punjab. You will rarely see Pakistani punjabi identifying as punjabi outside Pakistan. For one because of huge population, pak punjabi is likely to come across another pak punjabi before any other Pakistani ethnicity. And outsiders will call you Pakistani anyway.

If Pakistan is divided in small federating only then one may see sub nationalism. But even then I doubt it will be anything like east punjab.
You are the onee who was saying we will extinct because of migrations from UP bihar (350 million people) ..even though from page 1 i have denied this has anything to do with regionalism.

Back
Top Bottom