What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

@Armstrong 69 pages of discussion...... What is soo significant in this movie???? (Forgive me for not browsing thru all pages,)

You just made me throw-up.......... now I'm never going to watch this movie.............. sadly, I had such high expectations! :(

All I will say is, "WHAT A FKN DISAPPOINTMENT".

Sort of pathetic really.

What was the need to put in english dialogues for govt and agency personnel? On TV, it looked like a cheap english dubbing, pathetic to watch.

Totally wrong portrayal of how stuff is done. Even hollywood movies don't put in so much shyte about their agencies in their movies.

Then Meesha Shafi goes "I have an MP-5 Assault Rifle!".

Yeah right!

U tell, Buttsy, how was the movie????? I heard it sucked big time............ :(

The first action movie in Pakistan that is actually worth watching ! :unsure:

You British Pakistanis wouldn't be able to understand it if it were in Urdu ! :bunny:
The best scene was when the ATS guy drives off in that explosive madden truck singing the national anthem..

Apart from tht the music was awesome .. Specially the song "Inquilab" ..:

SoundCloud Mobile

Last edited:
U tell, Buttsy, how was the movie????? I heard it sucked big time............ :(

The name is 'Mr.Buttsy' to you ! :angry:

The movie wasn't great and it was a bit overdone but overall - a good attempt !

Plus the Cinema here in Lahore was booked for all the time-slots for a week before the next week I was able to get a ticket & that too in the morning show which was jam packed !

Its not good by Hollywood standards but it ain't as bad as you've been led to believe ! :unsure:

The production quality was a pleasant surprise but everything else sucked - writing, direction - even acting was mediocre. But the quality sets a healthy trend for our film industry as they try to emulate it. Eventually, writing, direction and acting will improve as well.

Meesha Shafi saying "I've an MP5 assault rifle"........ would deffinitely make me throw up.......... I rather not Gullu my brains! :tsk:

@Oscar: correct usage of Gull-o-ing????

The scene wasn't that bad....I suppose the biggest turn-off was the overly americanized accent that our actors were using to speak English that usually made me go :bad: plus it was a bit nationalistic (perhaps some of the assertions are true but its never a good idea to bring all of them up at a single time) !

The production quality was a pleasant surprise but everything else sucked - writing, direction - even acting was mediocre. But the quality sets a healthy trend for our film industry as they try to emulate it. Eventually, writing, direction and acting will improve as well.

Nahhh I think it could've been better but it wasn't that bad !

The best scene was when the ATS guy drives off in that explosive madden truck singing the national anthem..

A little over acting

Apart from tht the music was awesome .. Specially the song "Inquilab" ..:

SoundCloud Mobile
Urdu rock? thats new to me, interesting. :)

Whats the movie about? From what i understand its a action movie but whats the story and is it worth to search for hours for a german version in internet? :lol:

image.jpg

Movie is a cringe fest. Seriously, shooting stationary targets makes you good? Really? Pyaray Afzal dying in the movie again is another cringe worthy scene. Dude put a brick on the wheels and let it go off a cliff. Over acting. Ayesha aunty, she cool with me. Meesha baji bas rahn deyo.

All in all not a bad try to revive lulluwood.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom