What's new

Pakistani IT firm 'On top of the world' in Blackberry apps

GUNNER

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani IT firm 'On top of the world' in Blackberry apps

ISLAMABAD, Dec 22, 2010 (AFP) - Photo editing software developed by a Pakistan technology firm Five Rivers became the best selling paid-for application for the Blackberry, the firm said Wednesday.

Lahore-based Five Rivers said its Photo Editor Suite had hit the top spot across all sectors on Blackberry's AppWorld store.

"This is extremely good news for us and especially for the Pakistani IT industry," Mahe Zehra Husain, the head of operations and product management at Five Rivers Technology, told AFP.

"We feel we are on top of the world. This is incredible."

The application "has been in the top five paid applications for quite a while now and on Sunday made its way to the number one spot," she said.

Photo Editor Suite allows users to crop, rotate, adjust brightness and contrast, recolour and resize photos, Husain added.

The website of Five Rivers, which opened a year and a half ago, says it has developed and run out more than 100 mobile applications for the Blackberry and iPhone as well as other smartphones.

TechLahore reported similar news couple of days ago

That time it was ranked at Top 5 and later Top 4 i think

Good to see it taking the number one spot

Well done PAKISTAN Software Industry

:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

Developing Blackberry apps was a pretty nice insight because that segment has been pretty ignored compared to iphone or even android. Many people buy blackberry phones just for BBM and there's not much more you can do with those phones 'cos of the limited factory apps and I'm sure they would love to pay if they could do more with their phones.

Good for Pakistan but why would I want to edit my photos on my Blackberry. Actually why would I have a Blackberry when I can have an iPhone or another smartphone (Android)?

Good for Pakistan but why would I want to edit my photos on my Blackberry. Actually why would I have a Blackberry when I can have an iPhone or another smartphone (Android)?

Actually you can't digest the news and the Pakistani success attached to it and that's why coming up with such obscured statements. Ge a life man... BB revolutionize the smart-phone business.

Congratulations to them, slowly they can move into other field Inshallah...

And to my fellow Indian members, please refrain from showing any pathetic jealousy of any sort when ever anything good comes out of Pakistan, you really do sound lame, its always cry cry cry

1012816.jpg

Back
Top Bottom