What's new

Pakistani IT companies bag 7 awards in Malaysia

SnIPeR Xr

Reaction score
Pakistani IT companies bag 7 awards in Malaysia

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani information technology (IT) companies won seven awards at the 10th International Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Pakistani companies secured the highest number of total awards.

The Silver Awards were secured in the Security Applications, E-Inclusion and E-Community, Financial Applications, Communications, E-Government and E-Health categories.

Pakistani companies won in the face of stiff competition from companies from 16 countries including Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. The Center for Advanced Research in Engineering (CARE) won the Silver Award in E-Government, Security and Communications while Avanza won the Silver Award in the highly competitive Financial Category and Cure MD won the Silver Award in the E-Health category. Aerocar and Solotech showed won the Silver Award in the E-nclusion & E-Community category.

Secretary Information Technology Nagib Ullah Malik invited the winners to discuss ways and means to bolster the IT industry in Pakistan and increase the adoption of locally developed IT products. He also praised the winning companies for earning a good name for the country while acknowledging the depth and creativity of the companies.

The chairman of Pakistan Association of Software Houses (PASHA) Ashraf Kapadia, Member IT Tariq Badshah and Managing Director Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) Zia Imran were also present at the occasion.

Malik also said that the wins at APICTA are a solid evidence of the support that the Ministry of Information Technology (MoIT) has provided to spur innovation in Pakistan. He recommended the PSEB to look into additional IT industry support programs including greater adoption of locally developed products in government and private sectors.

Malik added that minimal regulation and maximum incentives are needed to compete with countries such as Vietnam and Brazil.

Pakistani IT companies bag 7 awards in Malaysia – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
congrats to pakistan, it is a really big haul...

li'l concerned abt why indians did not figure in 'em...

i guess, last year pakistan also had won a lot of awards in International Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA)

wow made my day .great job .There is a lot of potential in It field but alot of investment is needed in this field sadly we don't have enough money.there were lot of ongoing it projects during musharraf era and lot of investment was going on .Even a It tower was being constructed in Lahore on ferozpur road ,there was alot of investment involved in this project from foreign countries namely UAE and others many international companies were ready to come but then economy went down-strain.don't know the current status of that project now.i think it is still under construction

It is the proposed design i think for IT tower

598PakistanSetForNewTallestConstruction_pic1.jpg

Project: Sheikh Zayed Centre, Lahore
Maximum Height: 60+ Storeys
Maximum Area: 91 Kanals
Appartment Floors:20-25 (3 Towers)
Parking Capacity: 4,000 vehicles in 4 basements
Jobs Creation: 30,000
Cost: $500 Million + (unconfirmed)
Completion Date: 2010
Designed by: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum
Ligthing by: Fisher Marantz Stone (FMS) – also working on Burj Dubai
Developers: Taavun (Pvt.) Ltd. – a JV between Dhabi Group of UAE & Govt. of the Punjab
Contractor
:EMAAR

Special Feautres:

- Tallest building in Pakistan by its completion
- 60+ storey main tower; visible even from Wagha Border
- 5-Star Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Multiple appartment blocks managed by Hyatt Residency
- Conference seating capacity of 5,000+
- Pakistan’s first Ice Rink
- Exclusive shopping mall
- Corporate offices, mini cinemas
- Overhead covered bridge connection with the Qaddafi Stadium

It is the proposed design i think

598PakistanSetForNewTallestConstruction_pic1.jpg

Project: Sheikh Zayed Centre, Lahore
Maximum Height: 60+ Storeys
Maximum Area: 91 Kanals
Appartment Floors:20-25 (3 Towers)
Parking Capacity: 4,000 vehicles in 4 basements
Jobs Creation: 30,000
Cost: $500 Million + (unconfirmed)
Completion Date: 2010
Designed by: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum
Ligthing by: Fisher Marantz Stone (FMS) – also working on Burj Dubai
Developers: Taavun (Pvt.) Ltd. – a JV between Dhabi Group of UAE & Govt. of the Punjab
Contractor
:EMAAR

Special Feautres:

- Tallest building in Pakistan by its completion
- 60+ storey main tower; visible even from Wagha Border
- 5-Star Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Multiple appartment blocks managed by Hyatt Residency
- Conference seating capacity of 5,000+
- Pakistan’s first Ice Rink
- Exclusive shopping mall
- Corporate offices, mini cinemas
- Overhead covered bridge connection with the Qaddafi Stadium

NAAAICCCE !!!!

any updates ? it says completion date as 2010 !

wow made my day .great job .There is a lot of potential in It field but alot of investment is needed in this field sadly we don't have enough money.

Don't tell me you don't know that!
Below is the old picture of Software Technology Park, Lahore! This project is almost completed although I could not find any new pictures. Lot is going on in IT sector although much more is still needed.

it-park-lahore.jpg

NAAAICCCE !!!!

any updates ? it says completion date as 2010 !

the project started i think somewhere around 2008 along with multiple projects in various cities of the country including islamabad where there was plan to build 3 towers with a helipad and golf club roof.but due to some political and economic debacles there was lot of rumors of the projects being delayed .last time i drove through that road it was still under construction .but i hope it will be completed soon and will give a boost to IT in Pakistan .Plans were to make Lahore a IT hub for the country.Lets see what happens.

A[art from this there were plans for subways in lahore and negotiations with China were held but due to corruption don't know whats the current status

Don't tell me you don't know that!
Below is the old picture of Software Technology Park, Lahore! This project is almost completed although I could not find any new pictures. Lot is going on in IT sector although much more is still needed.

it-park-lahore.jpg

Last time i drove through ferozpur road it was still under-construction thats why i said that .also i was saying that in relation to three towers planned in Islamabad .

By the way i think still one tower is completed the others are still on ground zero,the project got delayed i think due to economic constraints

It will look like this at night

ZayedCenter.jpg

A more detailed image
Shiekh&

Back
Top Bottom