What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DRAY Bro, don't take PDF as reflection of entire Pakistan. I have many friends whom I met on PDF, and now are FB friends, from Pakistan too. We also make fun of each other on FB where we have created another group, all with real FB ids.

As @RescueRanger said, there is lot of positive interactions. Just take it easy.

May be you missed Naswaristan in initial days when Hyperion established it.

Actually that is what even I think. Please follow from page 106 to know the entire conversation. :-)

I don't have problem with that negative rating. If @RescueRanger found my post offensive then he may have reason to give negative point. There was a member who constantly posted fake Photoshopped pics to defend a killer but I am not sure if he was given negative point.

My intention was not to troll. I was just asking whether Pak has significant Hindus. If yes then why are they not in very good position in Pakistan? There should be equal rights to all race and class in every sector.

Pakistan has 7 million Hindus, are they in a great position? Not really, socio-economically they are introverted and keep to themselves. Do they get jobs, yes but the jobs are Are they harassed to the level we see purported on the Interwebs? NO, how i can say this with conviction, is there is a active Hindu temple near in R.Pindi and it has never been targeted, or attacked, or bothered since I have been living in here.

Hindus and Sikhs can join CSS, PSP, ISSB etc, there are several Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistani Army, Police, Rescue 1122, Rangers, Civil Service:
Sikh and Hindu officers usher in a new era in Pakistani Army | SikhNet

Are they persecuted, yes there are pockets in Pakistan where Hindus will face persecution, this cannot be prevented sadly, it is similar case with Pakistan's Sikh, Christian community. All are able to work, get jobs and participate but there will always be that element that will target them for being different.

Just take Rawalpindi for an exmple, there were 5 anti shia incidents in Rawalpindi last year, not a single anti hindu or anti christan incident recorded on PIPS. :)

I am not trying to defend the deplorable acts of violence and breach of human rights that do go on in parts of Pakistan, but I am here to say it is not as bad as people say. Really it is not, In 2006 i was deputed to protect Gurdawara Panja Sahib to ensure the safety of 700 sikhs visiting from India, Australia, UK and USA, and the locals of Hassan Abdal welcome them annually, without incident. MASHALLAH

So please don't believe everything you read on the Interwebs.

Our prophet never discriminated in giving equal rights to all citizens of Arab Peninsula (Nazran treaty with Christian, Madina treaty with Jews). Even when he took Jizya from non muslims he also took Zakat from Muslims but we claim ourselves Muslims and still treat minorities as second class citizens.

In BD Jamaat has a Bank. Non-Muslims are officially prohibited to work there. The Rajakar Saka Chawdhury who is now convicted in tribunal has an organization. He doesn't let one single Hindu to work in his organization.

I wish to develop a paper in which I cover the plight of the Pakistani Hindu. India has always been seen as an enemy in Pakistan and usually most Pakistanis see things in black and white. For example India bad, Pakistan good which later translates into Muslims good, Hindus bad. So in Pakistan (as is the case in India) people continue to stereotype Hindus as bad. This is wrong but our education system has ruined our lives. It is raising fanatics and terrorists.

We should look at Hindus more sympathetically-as a minority in a country where a lot of people are extremely intolerant. We should protect Hindus and provide them with equal rights. Part of our loss in East Pakistan was due to this stereotypical attitude to Hindus. We classified Hindus as evil in the very same way India tends to classify its Muslims as militant sympathizers and terrorists.

We need to protect minorities and should forget things of the past. The Rinkle Kumari case highlights the increasing problems minorities face in Pakistan. We should have stuck to Jinnah's vision and created a secular state.

52bc16aa897f8.jpg

BADIN: The situation in Tando Bago town of Badin district became tense following the burial of a 75-year-old Hindu man, in a local graveyard of Bachal Shah.

Late on Wednesday night, a few people of the town dug the grave and took out the body a resident of village Yar Mohammad Lund, some 4 km off the Tando Bago town, who was buried by his relatives on Monday.

But the body was reburied in the same place by the local police on the wee hours of Thursday, following which the clerics belonging to various mosques of the town made announcements that a Hindu was buried again in their graveyard.

The burial infuriated the Muslim community of the town and its adjoining areas, who gathered in the town and staged a sit-in on the Bago Canal bridge.

Speaking to media persons the protesters threatened to dig out the body from the grave again.

The protesters further claimed that a decision had been reached nearly four years ago according to which Hindus would not bury their deceased in the same part of the graveyard.

It is pertinent to mention that this graveyard had been shared since many years by both the Hindus and Muslims of the area.

There was only a small wall erected by a former taluka Nazim of Tando Bago to separate the parts of the graveyard.

Strict security measures were taken by Badin's district administration to control the law and order situation in the town.

Heavy contingents of the police have been deployed in and around the graveyard under the supervision of DSP Tando Bago.

The relatives of the Hindu man, who was buried in thegraveyard, spoke to Dawn.com and claimed that the deceased was buried near the grave of his father.

The people of various rights groups voiced their concern over the issue and demanded that the government functionaries should take security measures for the minority communities.

On Oct 6, in a similar incident the body of another Hindu man was dug out of the grave and thrown away, in a local graveyard of Haji Fakir in Pangrio town of Badin district.

Hindu burial in 'Muslim graveyard' sparks protests in Badin - DAWN.COM

1 question I thought Hindus burn the dead?! :unsure:

1 question I thought Hindus burn the dead?! :unsure:

Different reason - Some Hindus actually bury the dead don't burn, at some palaces they are not allowed (i.e. in Interior Sindh), some don't burn because they don't get Visa of India to drop the ashes in Ganga to complete the ritual.

But anyway - This mullah brigade always try to create trouble, they should be hung by balls.

What kind of name is this :P ?

Lund is title like dikshit --- yea it's weird

But anyway - This mullah brigade always try to create trouble, they should be hung by balls.
They are not creating trouble. They are simply doing what Pakistani's do best - follow Islam in the Islamic republic.

They are not creating trouble. They are simply doing what Pakistani's do best - follow Islam in the Islamic republic.

Still far better then regular mob lynching of minorities in secular India :coffee:

And i think it's none of your concern, so move on.
Why is it not?

We are a nation that is concerned about exponentially increasing crime and inhuman treatment meeted out to non-Sunni's in our neighbouring country - Pakistan.

The fact that there are crimes and discrimination is not an issue per se, that happens in many countries, but the real problem is that none of the State organs are involved in giving justice to these affected people. The State is giving its silent consent to these horrendous acts by not taking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom