Pakistani Female Paratroopers

Discussion in 'Military Photos & Multimedia' started by Zeeshan S., May 7, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Officer of Engineers

Officer of Engineers FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 14 / -0
    The CF is officially integrated meaning that women can apply to all trades within the CF. Last time I checked, women comprised 6% of the combat arms, including mechanized infantry. However, none made it to the light infantry.

Women usually don't last long in the combat arms. The main reason is physical. People age and keeping up with the physical demands of the combat arms is something even all but the best men had problems with. I did my best officer obstacle course in 32 hours, 10 minutes out of 48 hours when I was a Captain. My last time before retirement was 47 hours, 48 minutes.
  2. Field Marshal

Field Marshal FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with you. i have seen my work mate (the only female in my office) how she was disappointed after covering the news of inducation of women in Army recently. hope you understand what i want to say.
  3. TopHatter

TopHatter FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0
    Because the United States is not prepared to see it's mothers, daughters and sisters in combat.

This of course is a rather ridiculous statement when you consider female sailors are allowed on all combatant warships with the exception of submarines. Women have commanded virtually all classes of USN warships, from a small guided missile frigate to a mighty Wasp-class amphibious carrier.
    Women fly virtually all types of combat aircraft in all of the armed forces.
    Women have found themselves in combat situations time and time again since as far back as Vietnam (and earlier for that matter.)

As stated, women are excluded only from submarine duty, special ops (combat) and the 3 combat branches, Armor, Infanty and Artillery.
  4. srehman

srehman MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice pics, I'm happy to see theses pictures but they are not clear by face
  5. blain2

blain2 SENIOR MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +24 / 6,719 / -0
    Pakistan
    This has nothing to do with the Paras. In each of the Pakistani Military Academies, Para course is offered as an optional course. Most cadets opt for it as a "like to have" sort of a thing but space etc. are limiting factors.

PAF is not planning on sending these two ladies on combat missions on the basis of these jumps :P
  6. ahsanraza81

ahsanraza81 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 48 / -0
    Great to see women participating in para trooping exercises
  7. Fulcrum15

Fulcrum15 MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +4 / 14,114 / -0
    Pakistan
    hey ahsan..... why are you digging out old posts today???, irst the Z 10 one, now this.