What's new

Pakistani Fashion

These Latest Photos Of Sumbul Iqbal Will Win Your Heart
Sumbul Iqbal is a famous Pakistani actress and model. She has worked in many Pakistani drama serials like Meray Khawab Raiza Raiza, Roag, Neelum Kinarey, and Buri Aurat. She has also received Hum Awards for Best Actress Soap in 2013.

Sumbul started her career at the age of 19. During the first few years in the showbiz, the actress did amazing acting in dramas. At that time, she looked like a normal lady with no style and no fashion! But as time passed, she groomed her looks a lot.

Here we are going to share some latest photos of Sumbul Iqbal that will conquer your heart with her beauty! The young actress is looking gorgeous in these recent photos and has also truly won the hearts of her fans.

These Latest Photos Of Sumbul Iqbal Will Win Your Heart
Sumbul-Iqbal-Latest-Pics.jpg

Sumbul-Iqbal-Latest-Pics-02-466x800.png
Sumbul-Iqbal-Latest-Pics-03.png
Sumbul-Iqbal-Latest-Pics-04.png
Sumbul-Iqbal-Without-Makeup.png
Sumbul-Iqbal-Latest-Pics-01-537x800.png

@django @Moonlight @The Sandman @Hell hound

Fashion brand Inaaya preserves craft instead of making a quick buck. Will it work?

“In these times of fast fashion, I wanted to create five outfits of each design," says Naushaba Brohi of her brand

57fb496b52232.jpg

This is craft that every Pakistani is familiar with but Naushaba lifts it out of conventions and makes it edgy.

“I want to go from one village to the world,” Naushaba Brohi has been known to say.

And she’s about to do exactly this.

This month Naushaba’s brand Inaaya will be exhibiting at Dubai’s Fashion Forward event. It’s an event where the who’s who of international fashion converge, giving talks, attending shows and milling through exhibits.

57fb502ba132c.jpg

Inaaya's accessory line will be showcased at Fashion Forward in Dubai

Within this rather prestigious arena, Naushaba will be showcasing her accessory line – strands upon strands of doris, mirror-work, beads and embroidery created by the village women of rural Sindh and sent out to the world at large.

But where has Inaaya been for so long?
Prior to this, however, Naushaba seemed to have had melted into the shadows. Where was Inaaya, one wondered about the brand until recently. It had started off strong back in 2014 at Fashion Pakistan Week. It did surface every now and then, in a small capsule stocked at Ensemble in Karachi or an accessory exhibit at the Canvas Gallery but nevertheless, it had been a while since it had made waves.

Apparently, Inaaya was having a bit of an identity crisis.

“I was trying to understand how I wanted to structure my business,” explains Naushaba. “I debuted into fashion at a time when every designer was launching into the high street. For a while, I tried to do the same until I realized that it would only dilute my brand’s signature."

"My work at Inaaya is grinding, where I train rural craftswomen to attune their skills to what I require of them," she continued. "There are so many stages involved, so many hands working on every single garment before it ultimately culminates into high fashion. It just wasn’t possible for me to try to churn out generic apparel in mass quantities.”

57fb496b91b34.jpg

Naushaba Brohi aims to make just five outfits of each of her apparel designs - Photographs by Ayaz Anis

Over a span of months, Naushaba contemplated over the route she wanted Inaaya to take, finally deciding upon the road less traveled but often, more fashion forward. Not all ready-to-wear needed to be mass friendly. Fashion, preferably, should be individualistic and Naushaba’s Inaaya had always had a distinctive personality; strong, vibrant, statement-making.

“In these times of fast fashion, I decided that I wanted to create about five outfits of each design, with indigenous detailings worked onto contemporary silhouettes. Business, for me, has grown organically and now, I want to keep building it like this, step by step.”

Starting over at a new studio
She says all this with great emphasis. Now that she has decided upon the path she wants to take, Naushaba is raring to go. She already has a new studio in Karachi, unassuming and nondescript on the outside but with quintessential Inaaya interiors; scraped walls, bursts of greenery, comfortable furniture, raw but beautiful.

57fb502bc4b86.jpg

Naushaba Brohi at the new Inaaya studio in Karachi

The fruition of Naushaba’s umpteen trips to interior Sindh – and subsequently, long Whatsapp conversations with her craftswomen – are displayed here and there. A mannequin wears a beige rilli skirt with a black bustier, another is shrouded in a beautiful chunri dupatta and there is a rack with tunics stitched from susi, tie-n-dyed, block-printed and twinkling with mirrors.

There is also new stock that’s arrived from the villages and is in the process of being sent out to clients or being stocked at Ensemble; dupattas and shirts worked with gota but in unique zig-zags and clusters. An artificial hand extends from the walls, offering out a red Gulooband with mirrors woven into the thread. Who wouldn’t want one?

57fb502bac791.jpg

Who wouldn't want one of these?

This is craft that every Pakistani is familiar with but Naushaba lifts it out of conventions and makes it edgy. The jewellery, for instance, is crafted by women who make parandas and are now being guided by Naushaba to mold the same skill to create a range of accessories: necklaces, arm bands, earrings, teekas and maatha-pattis.

It catches the eye, as it has of various international fashion scions occasionally. Despite being a fledgling contender in the local fashion scene, Inaaya has been featured in the pages of Vogue India and worn by Amal Alamuddin – much to Naushaba’s surprise, who only found out when Amal was featured wearing the Inaaya Sindoor Dori in the Spanish edition of Hello!

More recently, her knack for tweaking traditional craft has led the Sindh Rural Support Organization to head-hunt Naushaba and enlist her to guide their batches of craftswomen towards the modern aesthetic.

57fb502bcc87d.jpg

Naushaba has guided thousands of craftsworkers in making their handiwork more lucrative

“I am going to help them make designs for the SRSO and they will also be creating designs for Inaaya,” she explains. This means that the Inaaya workforce has multiplied manifold, from about a hundred women to now, thousands. Additionally, she is now getting fabric woven specially for her brand, from Matiari, deep within Sindh.

Jewellery, first
And yet, Naushaba has only opted to just take her jewellery to Fashion Forward and not her painstakingly created clothing line-ups.

“It’s what I know will sell,” she reasons. “I have been going to Fashion Forward since 2014 and have even had an impromptu pop-up exhibition there, organised by a regular client, where the jewellery has sold out from within my hotel room! I have met editors and many others who work the wheels of international fashion and it has made me realise that my jewellery will be appreciated much more easily globally as compared to the apparel that merges tradition with convention.”

“Eventually I may decide to also exhibit the apparel internationally but right now, I just want the jewellery to catch people’s attention.”

Will the clothing, then, be showcased at a more relevant local fashion week? “Not yet,” says Naushaba. “I have to have stock ready before I put out designs on the catwalk. There would be no point in merely showing sample pieces and then, taking ages to replicate them for retail.”

Far from the madding crowd, Naushaba may have her house in order now but she doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to gain profits. The upcoming exhibit at Fashion Forward is, of course, going to be a feather in her cap but locally, she is taking slow and steady steps.

57fb496b52232.jpg

These are designs created with passion and I want people to buy them, not out of charity, but because they like them, says Naushaba - Photographs by Ayaz Anis

Her business, for now, is limited to bespoke orders that can be taken at her studio, a rack at multi-label Ensemble in Karachi and an online store. She is yet to resume stocking at multi-labels in other cities in the country. “I will, when I have stock,” she promises.

Additionally, prices at Inaaya are typically on the higher side, easily rising above the Rs 10,000 bracket. “That’s because it is high fashion,” says Naushaba. “Yes, with Inaaya, I am helping in jumpstarting ecosystems and helping these women sustain their livelihoods but nevertheless, I am running a for-profit brand.”

“These are not sympathy products and I want people to realise this. My craftswomen are very skilled and they get paid fair incomes for their efforts. These are designs created with passion and I want people to buy them, not out of charity, but because they like them.”

And people have always liked Inaaya. We’re pretty sure Fashion Forward is going to like Inaaya. It’s good to have the brand back in action.

Saira Shakira Bridal Collection Preview - Complete Event Gallery

15171095_10154347598123127_2908577994503225472_n.jpg
15220252_10154347598313127_7985843657346928190_n.jpg
15171099_10154347598283127_5813880924767477205_n.jpg
15178041_10154347598448127_8730959643153921004_n.jpg
15232175_10154347598863127_5838314419157839912_n.jpg

_92680933_mediaitem92680932.jpg

لاہور میں عروسی ملبوسات کی نمائش کی گئی

I can reach more people this way, says transgender activist Kami of her modelling debut

The transgender community has remained backstage in the fashion world for too long, shares the activist turned model

583c0243a6643.jpg

The campaign highlights the importance of embracing and empowering transgenders as productive members of society.

Many people already know Kami Sid as an activist who has worked tirelessly for the transgender community in Pakistan.

The social worker has now decided to step into the fashion world and become Pakistan's first transgender model. In a photo shoot conceptualised by Waqar J Khan, Kami looks poised and elegant.

"When Waqar, who is also a friend of mine, approached me to do the shoot, I was totally on board but unsure about how it would do. I just feel it's a great platform and opportunity for me to not only explore my talents but also represent the transgender community with dignity in front of mainstream society," shares Kami.

583c025f13dbc.jpg

Isn't she a natural?

"If I'll get more opportunities to represent myself in fashion shoots or weeks, like Mukhtaran Mai, I'll definitely avail them. The transgender community has remained backstage for too long, doing makeup or other errands. By now we should be able to come forward and let people know that we too are a force to be reckoned with."

The campaign highlights the importance of embracing and empowering transgender persons as productive members of society. Nighat Misbah of Depilex fame did Kami's makeup.

583c08edbc346.jpg

Kami reveals that although her dream wasn't to become a model, it will help the transgender community for her to appear in mainstream media

Although Kami shares that her family was not too encouraging about her becoming part of the entertainment industry, she felt that it was the next natural necessary step.

"I want to change the mindset of people in our society, so many don't grasp what gender and sexuality is. I want to sensitise people regarding all genders. My family doesn't support me in this endeavour but I feel people need to see us in the commercial fashion world, to create awareness. People know me as an activist but now, I can reach even more people as a model," she says.

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, if I lived through this, I can take the next thing that comes along.”

More power to you, Kami!

Aspiring young designers showcase during the school’s first-ever fashion show
Twenty-six teams from different educational institutions showcased their outfits and apparel which were according to the latest fashion trends

aspiring-young-designers-showcase-during-the-schools-first-ever-fashion-show-1fd2720e6a56199e69b3081a79261d47.jpg

LAHORE: Students showcased their talent and fashion trends at the Lahore Grammar School (LGS) 15C, Gulberg's first-ever fashion show, titled LGS Panache '16 on Saturday at its Senior Campus.
Renowned make-up artist and photographer Khawar Riaz, model Zoya Nasir, Maham Amjad and Bilal Butt were the jurors at the event where hundreds of students from different schools were present.
During the event, 26 teams from different educational institutions showcased their outfits and clothing which were according to the latest fashion trends. Educational institutions including different branches of LGS, the National College of Arts, Beaconhouse National University and all branches of Beaconhouse School System participated in the competition.
The fashion themes included Jazz It Up, Accessorise and Out of Character. In Jazz It Up, striking clothes with bold colours and unconventional make-up for the models was presented by the students. In Accessorise, handbags, belts, scarves, bracelets and hats were used whereas in Out of Character category, classics like Alice in Wonderland, Gone with the Wind and Romeo and Juliet were the sub themes.
While talking exclusively to Daily Times, LGS 15C, Gulberg Head Girl Asma Zoeed said that the event was aimed at polishing the hidden talents of students in the field of fashion and dress designing. She was of the view that several students wanted to be fashion designers but they are not properly guided so they change their field. Therefore, the event will be helpful in making them understand how fashion shows are conducted and what the dynamics are.

By:
By Arsalan Haider
http://dailytimes.com.pk/e-paper/20...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Pakistan’s first transgender model makes debut with stunning photoshoot

Social activist, Kami Sid, who is known for working endlessly for Pakistan’s transgender community has made her debut in the fashion world.

A powerful photo shoot featuring Sid is dedicated to end the transphobia, present at large in the country, and to break the stereotypes attached to it.

4-1480332653.jpg

3-1480332659.jpg

PHOTO: BUZZFEED/MUAHMMAD HASEEB SIDDIQUI

Photographed by Haseeb M. Siddiqi, and make up by Nighat Misbah, the two collaborated with Karachi based stylist, Waqar J. Khan to give Kami the powerful look.

2-1480332662.jpg

In Islamabad, a mosque for transgender community

Pakistan is a country that is witness to transgender violence, as many incidents were reported in the current year against the community.

1-1480332669.jpg

Kami Sid believes in an end to the violence and phobia of Transgender Community, diminishing the limits set for them in the country.

She was earlier featured in a documentary filmed by BBC, How Gay is Pakistan, and has become known for being vocal about trans gender rights, and is a well known activist for LGBT.

پھولوں کے شہر میں فیشن اور حسن کے جلوے
By: Samaa Web Desk لائف اسٹائل December 2, 2016
لاہور : فیشن کے رنگوں نے پھولوں کے شہر کو رنگین کردیا، خوبرو ماڈلز کی اداؤں اور موسیقی کے تڑکے سے شرکاء بھی خوب محظوظ ہوئے۔
پشاور کے مقامی فائیو اسٹار ہوٹل میں فیشن شو کا میلہ سجا تو خوبرو ماڈلز نے نت نئی ملبوسات کے جلوے بکھیرے، کوئی عروسی جوڑے میں جلوہ گر ہوئی تو کوئی پارٹی ویئر میں، شائقین کی پذیرائی پر ماڈل بھی مسرور ہوئیں۔
ماڈل کی کیٹ واک پر شائقین نے خوب داد دی، ڈیزائنرز نے مقامی ثقافت کو نت نئے ڈیزائن میں ڈھالا، جسے پسند کیا گیا، موسیقی کے تڑکے نے فیشن شو کو چار چاند لگادیئے۔ سماء
https://www.samaa.tv/urdu/life-style/2016/12/606307/
@django @Moonlight @The Sandman

1. Pakistani fashion has found a new playmate and its name is velvet.
    Scores of designers are dabbling with the material since it hit the top trends list; unfortunately, many of them have gone overboard, and we've seen one celebrity too many encumbered by the rich fabric.
    Instead of putting on anything and everything velvet to appear on-trend, there are simple yet chic ways to carry the fabric without making it to the fashion faux pas list.
    Here are 8 design labels who got velvet right (and also horribly wrong):
    Do

1) Keep it in the same colour family

583d490669987.jpg

Shazah Ayub models in a Meezan Fahd chinchilla cape. Photo: Sunday Times/InstagramSocialite Shazah Ayub shows us the perfect way to keep ourselves warm during winter the in a Meezan Fahd chinchilla cape. A velvet cape does the needful and looks en vogue. Here's to looking graceful at winter parties without freezing your bum off.
    2) Add just a touch of embroidery

583fd74fcef49.jpg

Misha Lakhani's Raj jacket. Photo: Misha Lakhani/InstagramOne of the perks of adding embroidery to a velvet piece is that it enhances the work, and this Misha Lakhani Raj Jacket hits all the right notes. But remember, when it comes to velvet, less is always more.
    3) Go for a simple fix, throw on a velvet shawl

583eafd08ae5d.jpg

Hasnain Lehri in Elan's Palais Indochine collection for men. Photo: Elan/InstagramHasnain Lehri carries this shawl like it was made for him. From Elan's Palais Indochine Bridal collection, this oxblood shawl with gold embroidery can be worn by men and women. Total win!
    4) Wear trending items in velvet

583ec355dc0c8.jpg

Amna Baber rocking Rema Shehrbano's separates. Photo: The Blush Works/InstagramThough it can fall on the wrong side of the fashion curve, Rema Shehrbano gets it right with her trendy velvet separates like her off-shoulder top... super-cute! The pants are a nod to the athleisure rage.
    Don't

1) Opt for excessive embellishments

583eba0dc235a.jpg

Sanam Saeed in Elan. Photo: Elan/InstagramWhen is too much TOO much?
    When you look like you've tried to put on everything together. Sanam Saeed's Elan ensemble here is why you shouldn't go heavy on the embellishment and embroidery.
    2) Go for velvet pants

583fd3d9f222a.jpg

Arshad Khan popularly known as Chaiwala modeling at the QHBCW '16. Photo: Sunday Times/ InstagramPoor Arshad Khan, his first ramp walk and Ziggi Menswear dressed him in possibly the worst outfit. Velvet pants are a no-no. They should not be made in the first place.
    3) Go for an all-velvet ensemble, especially crushed velvet

583fd3da417c3.jpg

Singer Momina Mustehsan in a blue crinkle/crushed velvet outfit by Nickie Nina. Photo: Nickie Nina/InstagramSuch a pretty person, such a terrible fashion disaster. Momina Mustehsan's outfit is an example of why you should never wear crinkle velvet, that too paired with a colour that resembles a sofa. This Nickie Nina ensemble fails to make the cut.
    4) Pair eastern velvet designs with western wear

583fd9d825ae4.jpg

Depilex director Redah Misbah walking hand in hand with her husband Shammal Qureshi at the QHBCW '16. Photo: Sunday Times/InstagramRedah Misbah's Amir Adnan velvet jacket paired with a black dress is as mismatched as Justin Timberlake and Fergie dating in the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom