What's new

Pakistani-American to participate in 'Mrs World 2007' contest

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistani-American to participate in 'Mrs World 2007' contest
Wed, 21 Feb 2007

Islamabad, Feb 21 Misbah Iqbal, a 22-year old Pakistani-American mother of three, is on her way to Moscow to take part in a world beauty pageant, but says she will don a one-piece swimsuit instead of anything skimpier.

She is to compete for 'Mrs World 2007' title.

She says she loves Islam and is proud of her Pakistani culture, respects those who wear the hijab, is a liberal and looks up to Begum Sehba Musharraf, Pakistan's First Lady, and Benazir Bhutto, the country's only woman prime minister, as her role models.

Popular Pakistani fashion model Iman Ali is her beauty and fashion idol. Misbah came to the US at the age of 11 and is working as a medical assistant in Houston, Texas.

Asked if she had a message for Pakistani women, she replied, 'Follow your dreams.' Misbah claims no official backing, The Daily Times said.

Although there is nothing official about such competitions or the competitors, past attempts by émigré Pakistani women to contest in such beauty pageants has been scoffed at by the government.

These women have also earned the ire of the conservatives and the clergy in the country who say that they are acting against Pakistani culture and giving the country a bad name.

A minister and senior officials of the present government had strongly disapproved when another US-based girl had donned a bikini, claiming to represent Pakistan, and participated in a beauty pageant in China last year.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/32835.html

A minister and senior officials of the present government had strongly disapproved when another US-based girl had donned a bikini, claiming to represent Pakistan, and participated in a beauty pageant in China last year.

How can this girl represent Pakistan without official clearance from the government?

I believe we strongly objected to beijing when Miss Motan was allowed to carry Pak flag.

btw, isnt it a rule(not sure) that married women cant take part? or is this girl not married and has 3 children?

Anyways, out of all the Indian Miss world winners, i think Priyanka Chopra is the hottest till date.

Pakistani-AMERICAN kind gives a big clue..........I don't think she is gonna represent PAK. If Benezir Bhutto is one of her idols then I would suggest she is mentally unbalanced anyway.....

If Benezir Bhutto is one of her idols then I would suggest she is mentally unbalanced anyway.....

:agree: :agree: :agree: haha....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
i dont know what is the prblem with these girls when government is not authorising and backing them

If Benezir Bhutto is one of her idols then I would suggest she is mentally unbalanced anyway.....

Good one! :lol:
Btw, I still consider Benazier to be hot! Love her nasal voice. ;)
Maybe I'm mentally unbalanced too...:stupid: :crazy2: :idiot:

I still consider Benazier to be hot! Love her nasal voice. ;)

Wow you must be really desperate; Don't you worry, I will talk to the "Auntie" and tell her to look for the girl on her Rishta radar. I am pretty sure she will see some blips. :tup:

:partay: :lol:

yes you are and Asif ali zardari is still alive...

Wow you must be really desperate; Don't you worry, I will talk to the "Auntie" and tell her to look for the girl on her Rishta radar. I am pretty sure she will see some blips. :tup:

Haha, thanks but no thanks! :lol:
You'll agree with me that Sindh galls can be pretty tough, I've met quite a few in my life. :agree:

I live in a county called Surrey and Benazir lives about half an hour away from where I live.

IN A £3 MILION PROPERTY BOUGHT WITH MONEY SHE SQUANDERED FROM PAKISTAN.

From most of your comments Neo I think you are a reasonable chap but clearly something has gone wrong in your life dude.

I live in a county called Surrey and Benazir lives about half an hour away from where I live.

IN A £3 MILION PROPERTY BOUGHT WITH MONEY SHE SQUANDERED FROM PAKISTAN.

From most of your comments Neo I think you are a reasonable chap but clearly something has gone wrong in your life dude.

CHILL dude, He just she is hot, not that he supports her

Back
Top Bottom