What's new

Pakistan would got L-15 trainer aircraft

heavystorm

Reaction score
I get the news from CCTV that China 's L15 trainer aircrafts are in mass production, and those planes would be used for export. I guess that the first buyer would be Pakistan.

12459810_11n.jpg

12459810_21n.jpg

xin_3320906091023437296063.jpg

W020081030334015296224.jpg

39329.jpg

Good, when is the joint production starting. K8 was a huge success even in the export market.

I have a question regarding trainer/light attack aircrafts like the L-15. Have they ever been used in or are designed for attack missions? If not why are do we append the light attack to their names?

I have a question regarding trainer/light attack aircrafts like the L-15. Have they ever been used in or are designed for attack missions? If not why are do we append the light attack to their names?

May be the manufacturer wants to market L-15 to to as many customer as possible.

If your airforce is large enough with sufficient advance fighters, you could buy L-15 for purely trainer role.

But if you do not have enough fighter jets, L-15 could be used for trainer as well as second line fighter for local area defence.

I get the news from CCTV that China 's L15 trainer aircrafts are in mass production, and those planes would be used for export. I guess that the first buyer would be Pakistan.

Pakistan is a preferred customer and an ally of China.

pakistan is making there own mashaaak trainer jrt why would he buy it from china pakistan itself exporting them :pakistan::pakistan:.............

Because Pakistan has to keep up with the latest models that China has to offer. The trainers that Pakistan are exporting are not necessary as up to date that China has.

pakistan is making there own mashaaak trainer jrt why would he buy it from china pakistan itself exporting them :pakistan::pakistan:.............

lol, L-15 is advance trainer where as Mushak is basic trainer.. Both are for different roles.

First of all the news is not confirmed. Its assumption of a member that Pakistan will be the first buyer.

2ndly Pakistan also make k8 jet trainer....

The L 15 could be option if PAF start looking for dual engine fighters like J11. L15 will be a suitable platform in that case as its also dual engine and will give environment of dual engine to both ground crew and the pilots. But i dont think thats gonna happen. PAF want only single engine aircrafts.

The cockpit is similar to JF-17

Wouldn't be surprise if it turn out to be very suitable for training JF-17 pilots, among others.

In fact I expect them to advertise L-15 in parallel to JF-17 for future customers.

Last edited:
Wasn't Pakistan recently given 4 L-15 fighter jets by China as gift? If that so, it is quite likely we would go for another 20-24 of those. Ya?

Is this yellow primer paint the standard for prototypes in the PLAAF? It seem to be on all new models even into the initial flight trials.

12459810_11n.jpg

Is this yellow primer paint the standard for prototypes in the PLAAF? It seem to be on all new models even into the initial flight trials.

12459810_11n.jpg

A similar question has been asked on Sinodefence. I'm going to quote the experts who answered this question to avoid potential lawsuits :azn::

sinodefenceforum .com/air-force/new-j-10-thread-iii-87-4290.html

Sorry but I can't link the source somehow. Now you have to do the good old copy and paste to verify.

This is the answer by our knowledgeable friend Pointblank:

It's the specific formulation of zinc chromate primer. Zinc-chromate primer is an anti-corrosion coating for aluminum alloy parts for aircraft.

Raw zinc chromate primer is clear and would also give a semi-translucent coating, not very opaque like a pigmented paint or lacquer. Adding a pigment to primer is needed because in aviation, aircraft factory specifications require for just one protective coat of primer, so a proper and complete coating is required.

If another layer of zinc chromate primer is required, each layer needs to be a different colour. Usually, tinting is added to the primer, and manufacturers usually have free reign as to what tinting they want to use.

Usually, this primer is applied after a skydrol resistant finish, which on Boeing aircraft, it is a deep green:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x695 and weights 346KB.

Below: zinc-chromate primer on the horizontal stabilizer for a Vultee Vengeance:

Zinc-chromate primer with Lamp Black paste inside a A-20 bomber. Adding Lamp Black paste to the formulation would increase UV protection (as zinc-chromate is very sensitive to photolitic reactions) and increase durability in high wear areas. Adding Lamp Black paste would turn the primer anywhere from apple greens to medium olive green.:

You guys can see the accompaning pictures if you go to the link that I posted since it is a bit of a hassle editing it in.

Last edited:
K-8 Shoots Down Superior L-15

August 25, 2010: A Chinese aircraft manufacturer has produced an attack version of the L-15 jet trainer. Normally, the L-15 just carries a trainee pilot and an instructor. But the attack version has a pilot and a weapons systems officer. The L-15 is a 9.5 ton aircraft with a max speed of 1,000 kilometers an hour and a combat radius of 550 kilometers. Since it first flew four years ago, the L-15 has been offered to the Chinese armed forces and foreign customers, without much success.
The problem is the K-8, which is a smaller, cheaper Chinese jet trainer. The K-8 is a 4.3 ton, two seat aircraft. The trainee and instructor are replaced by a pilot and observer on combat missions. Max speed is 800 kilometers an hour. The K-8 entered service in 1994, and over 500 have been built. The aircraft can be fitted with a 23mm cannon, and carry nearly a ton of missiles and bombs. Egypt and Pakistan also use the K-8. The aircraft sells for $4-5 million each. The L-15 sells for more than twice as much, but carries about the same amount of weapons. The L-15 is touted as a more suitable trainer for pilots headed for high performance (like the Su-30, F-16 or J-10) aircraft. But so far, air forces have found it more economical to buy the K-8.

Back
Top Bottom