What's new

Pakistan will take possession of 18 late-model F-16 fighter jets

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan will also soon take possession of a dozen American-made surveillance drones and 18 late-model F-16 fighter jets, sharply expanding the Pakistani military's ability to track and strike targets in remote, insurgent-controlled parts of the country.

Lt. Col. Jeffry Glenn, an Air Force spokesman, said Pakistan will receive 700 kits capable of converting 500-pound traditional bombs into laser-guided munitions, as well as 300 kits that can be used with larger 2,000-pound bombs.

Pakistan to Get U.S. Smart-Bomb Kits - WSJ.com
(So, its not block 52, its separate what Pakistan ordered)

Pakistan will also soon take possession of a dozen American-made surveillance drones and 18 late-model F-16 fighter jets, sharply expanding the Pakistani military's ability to track and strike targets in remote, insurgent-controlled parts of the country.

Lt. Col. Jeffry Glenn, an Air Force spokesman, said Pakistan will receive 700 kits capable of converting 500-pound traditional bombs into laser-guided munitions, as well as 300 kits that can be used with larger 2,000-pound bombs.

Pakistan to Get U.S. Smart-Bomb Kits - WSJ.com
(So, its not block 52, its separate what Pakistan ordered)

very confusing so far!!!

by june PAF will be getting mix variants of block 52+, ex-USN block 15, and 4 MLU M3s. US will eventually release all PAF embargoed F-16s.

Three threads are going on same topic..............And I think I was the first to start it............Merging action required from Mods.....

This is the second time we have heard this.the question is whether we are getting the old Bl15s in addition to the 8 we are due to receive in a short span of time.As to MLU M3 the date that i remember was 2011, but it never made sense as to why it was going to take this long. I think if we get cooperation from US( in the shape of early delivery of our planes) we might go for more f16s.
Araz

The United States will deliver 1,000 laser-guided bomb kits to Pakistan this month and is considering additional arms sales to help the Pakistani air force crack down on insurgents in the Afghan border region.

Pakistan is also expected to receive new F-16 fighters made by Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) this spring or summer, Donley said, noting that the fighter jets would give Pakistan's air force greatly expanded capabilities in its fight against "radical elements" in the border region.

ASIAN DEFENCE: US to send Pakistan 1000 laser-guided bomb kits

Its wall street journal ...12 UAVs and 18 late model F16. So, its kinda 18+18 another option of 18 ?
(Here we are talking about F16 model and delivery issue , has nothing to do with laser guided)

Last edited:
by june PAF will be getting mix variants of block 52+, ex-USN block 15, and 4 MLU M3s. US will eventually release all PAF embargoed F-16s.

Sir they were sold to Newzland so no chance:confused:

Back
Top Bottom