What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

it pains me to tell you that the saudi air force chief is on a visit to pakistan as we speak and is being shown around karama facility right now which is home of the jf17. in his statement released a few minutes ago he has said that they are here to finalise deal for jf17 and super mushak

now are you still going to tell me rich countries don't need a jf17. qatar and saudi are both on board about purchasing the jets

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/saudi-ar...ks-says-saudi-air-chief.459861/#ixzz4PKnZpiM9

haha saudis and Qatar's won't buy the jf17 haters report to this thread immediately

time and time again i told people both Qatar and SA wanted the jf17 and see it as a vital fighters in protection of their assets. the issues were that qatar wanted a twin seater jet and saudi's wanted to get the ef200 engine on the jet as they are used to using and painting these engines for the the Royal air force Typhoons.

Let's wait and see.

How much of a problem are the smoke trails?

Let's wait and see.

How much of a problem are the smoke trails?
I think f the Saudis do acquire the JFT they will do so with the EJ200 series engine. They have the local infrastructure in place to handle the engine and it is a classy engine to boost. They will go for Block 3 with AESAand IRST and even if they get some twin seaters for training purposes along with a few single seaters as general work horse it would be a real feather in the JFT cap. But as always lets not count our chicken till they are hatched.
A

I think f the Saudis do acquire the JFT they will do so with the EJ200 series engine. They have the local infrastructure in place to handle the engine and it is a classy engine to boost. They will go for Block 3 with AESAand IRST and even if they get some twin seaters for training purposes along with a few single seaters as general work horse it would be a real feather in the JFT cap. But as always lets not count our chicken till they are hatched.
A

Sir, just an idea came into mind while reading your post, almost twice that, what if EJ200 make it to JFT only for Gulf Subject that they already have maintenance facility etc so the exception can be expected the way like UAE Block-60 variants that very selective personnel are allowed to come close to the bird (in-case of fear of China for Brits) so also, as the money poured in, we can see an assembly line for Gulf JF-17 in KSA etc based upon their requirements/changes/modifications in bird. Furthermore, a bit of topping to the idea as RS is taking over the charge/command of 34 Islamic Nations Coalition Force could much more favour the situation. Just saying. :-)

Sir, just an idea came into mind while reading your post, almost twice that, what if EJ200 make it to JFT only for Gulf Subject that they already have maintenance facility etc so the exception can be expected the way like UAE Block-60 variants that very selective personnel are allowed to come close to the bird (in-case of fear of China for Brits) so also, as the money poured in, we can see an assembly line for Gulf JF-17 in KSA etc based upon their requirements/changes/modifications in bird. Furthermore, a bit of topping to the idea as RS is taking over the charge/command of 34 Islamic Nations Coalition Force could much more favour the situation. Just saying. :-)

@bold... Is Gen Raheel Sharif really taking over command of 34 country military alliance? Has he agreed to tht proposal? I think it will be a brilliant opportunity for Pak, if he accepts it., and he should.......but has he accepted it ? Is there any confirmation to this?

@bold... Is Gen Raheel Sharif really taking over command of 34 country military alliance? Has he agreed to tht proposal? I think it will be a brilliant opportunity for Pak, if he accepts it., and he should.......but has he accepted it ? Is there any confirmation to this?

Not to derail the thread further but in short, nothing yet confirm so far about this but the invitation was (reportedly) made by the Prince himself during the meet with COAS that I assume, could be or couldn't be but let's see.... :-). (I was just having an Idea in-case accepted such official invitation that how it can be benefited along with many others).

The Saudis can have what they like but they already have depot level maintenance for F15s, EFT with local over haul facilities. Do they have the infrastructure to have a JFT assembly plant. To me it does not make sense becuse soon they will have more planes than they would need.
I think they need JFT as a worrk horse so the more likely scenario will be over haul facilities but beyond that who knows.
A

What are the differences between the JF-17B and the current Block 2 and upcoming 3, other then the 2 seater cockpit?

it pains me to tell you that the saudi air force chief is on a visit to pakistan as we speak and is being shown around karama facility right now which is home of the jf17. in his statement released a few minutes ago he has said that they are here to finalise deal for jf17 and super mushak

now are you still going to tell me rich countries don't need a jf17. qatar and saudi are both on board about purchasing the jets

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/saudi-ar...ks-says-saudi-air-chief.459861/#ixzz4PKnZpiM9

haha saudis and Qatar's won't buy the jf17 haters report to this thread immediately

time and time again i told people both Qatar and SA wanted the jf17 and see it as a vital fighters in protection of their assets. the issues were that qatar wanted a twin seater jet and saudi's wanted to get the ef200 engine on the jet as they are used to using and painting these engines for the the Royal air force Typhoons.

The need comes from some very tactical requirements, since losses in war are very difficult to replace or at least may take some valuable, if not vital time in waiting for replacements.. The JF-17 procurement will give KSA and GCC in general a quick, reliable and handy replacement of lost aircrafts in battles, be it by urgent deliveries from Pakistan or by making their own version in the GCC and be able to compensate for losses during conflict till the arrival of the original assets replacements.. So it is to be understood as the continuity capability in battle.. JF-17 being a multi-role fighter will fill the gap efficiently for the time it takes to get new replacements for the lost assets.. Hence it is a requirement, not only for the GCC, but the whole Arab and Muslim world and also for any other countries that do not manufacture their own warplanes and/or do not have reliable suppliers in time and space..
In brief, the potential is huge. and it is humble to say that, since in reality it is very huge..

Last edited:
The two seater thunder will start making presence felt in 2017

??? What's new ? This is two years old news what is the current news f31 and f20 at least pics were released months before first flight and taxi pics were AV. In this cases nothing except in April 2016 that works started on first dual seater with pics

Back
Top Bottom