What's new

Pakistan vs india cricket on 15th June 2013 & likelihood of violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_bound

Reaction score
Is there a likelihood of fighting and violence between spectators in the stands at Edgbaston when Pakistan play against india on 15th june?
Would it be a good idea if the pakistani and indian spectators are kept segregated from each other at the stadium to prevent violence?
There was fighting today at Edgbaston at the match between Pakistan and South Africa.

Champions Trophy 2013: South Africa v Pakistan marred by fighting in stands | Mail Online

South Africa's win over Pakistan marred by spectators fighting in stands at Edgbaston
By Mike Dawes

South Africa's Champions Trophy clash against Pakistan on Monday was marred by spectators engaging in a brawl in the stands at Edgbaston.
The fight broke out during the Group B tie in Birmingham, which South Africa won by 67 runs.
Edgbaston is one of three venues, along with The Oval and Cardiff, playing host to the Champions Trophy this summer.

article-0-1A3F54CE000005DC-280_634x423.jpg

Brawl: A fight broke out between spectators in the stand at Edgbaston on Monday

On Saturday it will be the setting for the grudge match between India and Pakistan.
South Africa's win on Monday was their first in the tournament and it keeps hopes of progressing to the semi-finals alive.
After winning the toss and electing to bat, the Proteas were restricted to 234-9, with Hashim Amla scoring 81 of those, after a disciplined effort by Pakistan's bowlers.
But Pakistan's batsmen where nowhere near as efficient and when Imran Farhat was clean bowled by Chris Morris in the second over, the tone for their chase was set.
Pakistan lost wickets at regular intervals and left themselves too much to do having taken 32.1 overs just to pass 100.
Misbah's dismissal for 55 to leave the score at 148-7 in the 42nd over was the killer blow as South Africa eased home.
They join India and West Indies on two points in Group B having played a game more than those two teams, who meet at The Oval on Tuesday.

article-0-1A3F6672000005DC-726_306x341.jpg

Blow: Spectators brawl in the stands

article-0-1A3F65FA000005DC-493_634x425.jpg

Following: The majority of supporters in attendance at Edgbaston were supporting Pakistan

article-0-1A3F5455000005DC-582_634x422.jpg

article-0-1A3F120C000005DC-30_634x496.jpg

Off the mark: South Africa recorded their first win in the Champions Trophy after beating Pakistan

Terrible fans. These fans are embarrassing to Pakistan.

They should not be allowed into the stadium.

Of course If an Indian were to be hit, then I wouldn't have any issues. :D

The match between Pakistan and india will be played in birmingham.
Birmingham has a long history of violence between muslims and indians. Watch this old video on youtube and you will find that there have even been street fights between gangs of muslims and sikhs.

Sikh Girls / Pakistani Muslim sex gangs / 'Shere Panjab' (Sikh organisation) - Birmingham, UK - 1988 - YouTube

There is a likelihood of violence at the cricket match unless there is lots of security and the pakistani and indian fans are kept segregated

Terrible fans. These fans are embarrassing to Pakistan.

They should not be allowed into the stadium.

Of course If an Indian were to be hit, then I wouldn't have any issues. :D

learn to play on the field

if the muslims want to go out with sikh, they should convert to sikhsim. they need to make the choice between love and religion

Some parts of B'ham like sparkhill is a proper shithole so nothing would shock me from some punks

I hope to see a good ole brawl between indian and pakistani fans. Atleast thatll be worth watching. I am sure pakistani fans will attack indian fans out of mere frustration. I cant wait to see that.

I hope to see a good ole brawl between indian and pakistani fans. Atleast thatll be worth watching. I am sure pakistani fans will attack indian fans out of mere frustration. I cant wait to see that.

Kuch accha hi sooch liya hota...Anyway, Pakistan team is officially out of the Tournament....I wish there won't be any clashes b/w the crowd during the match....Best team on the day should win the Match....:cheers:

I really feel for the Pakistanis and hope they don't try this $hit on 15th. Else don't know what will happen to them.

Is there a likelihood of fighting and violence between spectators in the stands at Edgbaston when Pakistan play against india on 15th june?
Would it be a good idea if the pakistani and indian spectators are kept segregated from each other at the stadium to prevent violence?
There was fighting today at Edgbaston at the match between Pakistan and South Africa.

Champions Trophy 2013: South Africa v Pakistan marred by fighting in stands | Mail Online

South Africa's win over Pakistan marred by spectators fighting in stands at Edgbaston
By Mike Dawes

South Africa's Champions Trophy clash against Pakistan on Monday was marred by spectators engaging in a brawl in the stands at Edgbaston.
The fight broke out during the Group B tie in Birmingham, which South Africa won by 67 runs.
Edgbaston is one of three venues, along with The Oval and Cardiff, playing host to the Champions Trophy this summer.

article-0-1A3F54CE000005DC-280_634x423.jpg

Brawl: A fight broke out between spectators in the stand at Edgbaston on Monday

On Saturday it will be the setting for the grudge match between India and Pakistan.
South Africa's win on Monday was their first in the tournament and it keeps hopes of progressing to the semi-finals alive.
After winning the toss and electing to bat, the Proteas were restricted to 234-9, with Hashim Amla scoring 81 of those, after a disciplined effort by Pakistan's bowlers.
But Pakistan's batsmen where nowhere near as efficient and when Imran Farhat was clean bowled by Chris Morris in the second over, the tone for their chase was set.
Pakistan lost wickets at regular intervals and left themselves too much to do having taken 32.1 overs just to pass 100.
Misbah's dismissal for 55 to leave the score at 148-7 in the 42nd over was the killer blow as South Africa eased home.
They join India and West Indies on two points in Group B having played a game more than those two teams, who meet at The Oval on Tuesday.

article-0-1A3F6672000005DC-726_306x341.jpg

Blow: Spectators brawl in the stands

article-0-1A3F65FA000005DC-493_634x425.jpg

Following: The majority of supporters in attendance at Edgbaston were supporting Pakistan

article-0-1A3F5455000005DC-582_634x422.jpg

article-0-1A3F120C000005DC-30_634x496.jpg

Off the mark: South Africa recorded their first win in the Champions Trophy after beating Pakistan

Looser.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom