What's new

Pakistan up to something big, Army informs Antony

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan up to something big, Army informs Antony- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

Pakistan up to something big, Army informs Antony

13 Jan 2010, 0656 hrs IST, Masood Hussain, ET Bureau

SRINAGAR: Defence minister A K Antony has asked for ‘intensive operations’ against militants and stepping up of vigilance on the Line of Control to ensure development process in Jammu and Kashmir does not fall prey to militant activities.

Chief minister Omar Abdullah requested Mr Antony to consider more recruitment of the youth from border belts in defence services and using choppers to address the winter isolation of these areas.

During his day-long visit to Jammu, Mr Antony was briefed about the repeated infiltration bids from Pakistan and the status of the counter-insurgency operations. Border Security Forces gave the visiting minister a detailed presentation about the recent bid to infiltrate, using dynamite to destroy the fence on the international border.

Militants who returned after over 40 minutes of firing on BSF positions, according to the presentation, had used cordex wire to blast an IED that destroyed a vast portion of fencing including cobra wire and seven wires of concertina . The incident took place between Pillar Nos. 621 and 627 near Alfa Machail post in Gho Manasan area between Domana and Kanachak sectors.

The Army informed the minister about the ongoing operations against militants. They referred to the encounter in a Pulwama village in which one militant was killed. Reports said another militant who was besieged had actually fled. Reports from Jammu suggested that a senior Army officer in the unified headquarters meeting told the defence minister that “Pakistan is up to something big” and “we need to know what it is” .

“Outside forces inimical to the country are making several attempts to infiltrate borders, therefore, there is need to heighten vigilance,” Mr Antony told the meeting. He complemented J&K Police and security forces for efficiently handling incidents in Lal Chowk, Khrew, Pulwama and Reasi and hoped such incidents would be handled with same efficiency. He informed the meeting that the Army had vacated all hospitals and school buildings in the state.

Mr Antony asked the defence forces to mount pressure on militants to neutralise them at every level. He said the current situation called for intensive operations against militants in the state, and also put an effective mechanism in place along the LoC and international border to check infiltration.

-----

Seriously, you people need to 'create' some new excuses....!!

Seriously, you people need to 'create' some new excuses....!!

New excuses to do what??? Army has given their assesment to Defence Minister about the percieved terror threat in J&K...

“Outside forces inimical to the country are making several attempts to infiltrate borders, therefore, there is need to heighten vigilance,
”

Mr Antony asked the defence forces to mount pressure on militants to neutralise them at every level. He said the current situation called for intensive operations against militants in the state, and also put an effective mechanism in place along the LoC and international border to check infiltration.

I see nothing wrong in the above two statements of Mr Antony...what is putting you off????

"A safe passage to all the Taliban of FATA and Afghanistan into India" :P

Let India deal with them and let them carry out their dream of conquering Delhi.

Let India deal with them and let them carry out their dream of conquering Delhi.

and we will capture them alive & feed them what they never had in their life...Welcome to INDIA :D

Another better idea is give them power of Pakistan..they will get full power of the nukes and it will be much easier for them to fullfill their dreamz :woot:

Why everything has to be 'perceived' in hindoostan?

Why cant you people work on tangibles?? Is it that difficult or may be that doesnt suits to your agenda and intentions??

Why everything has to be 'perceived' in hindoostan?

Why cant you people work on tangibles?? Is it that difficult or may be that doesnt suits to your agenda and intentions??
In Punjabi this is often referred to as "Shosha Chehrna" (sort of what we'd call shooting arrows in the dark to see if one hits).

Note the "Something big". It doesn't have to be qualified, only that it keeps people on their toes and they'd be quick to connect any far flung dots to make a point.

What is the monstrous evil thing Pakistan is doing? It's doing something big.

In Punjabi this is often referred to as "Shosha Chehrna" (sort of what we'd call shooting arrows in the dark to see if one hits).

Note the "Something big". It doesn't have to be qualified, only that it keeps people on their toes and they'd be quick to connect any far flung dots to make a point.

I kind of agree with you...THe heading seems to be inappropriate unless and untill there is a change in the tactics by inflitrators...becuase otherwise J&K is enjoying her most peaceful year(2009) in 2 decades....

Though couple of points did catch my eye...

Border Security Forces gave the visiting minister a detailed presentation about the recent bid to infiltrate, using dynamite to destroy the fence on the international border.

Militants who returned after over 40 minutes of firing on BSF positions, according to the presentation, had used cordex wire to blast an IED that destroyed a vast portion of fencing including cobra wire and seven wires of concertina

The above two statements if true are surely something to worry about.... Are they something BIG or not is debatable....

The above two statements if true are surely something to worry about.... Are they something BIG or not is debatable....

Debatable by us? As far as I know, no other institution other than the army is capable of knowing what kind of threats are there at the border. If army says that there might be something to worry about, then there might be...there is nothing to debate about.

:lol:

Asim, you have got it just right!

---

Apart from the debate, let's play a game; let's add something ahead of the sentence "Pakistan up to something big"...

Pakistan up to something big, they might reach moon tomorrow.

Pakistan up to something big, they might reach Delhi by 2300 hours today :rofl:

Pakistan up to something big, their economy would top the stock exchanges the world over by tomorrow noon.

Pakistan up to something big, they would have their own version of predators by 15th of this month!!

Debatable by us? As far as I know, no other institution other than the army is capable of knowing what kind of threats are there at the border. If army says that there might be something to worry about, then there might be...there is nothing to debate about.

Yes you are right...if Army says there is something to worry about then we(Indians) should accept it...but same is true for Pakistani's when their Army says this is all crap..Don't you think so???....In other words when you are talking to someone across the border and he/she is not in agreement with that then what you do i called debate....

If you pay more attention you will see i am replying to a post by Asim

i agree that the heading is a bit inappropriate, but it is NOT misleading. This 'something big' was uttered by some 'senior officer' of yours, so it has been quoted verbatim, so nothing wrong it it.

But my point of concern is that why is it necessary that india has to create a mess out of just anything, hype, hysteria, scaremongering etc etc, that has become the norm of the indian foreign policy??

Really, what exactly went wrong with you guys?!

Hello everyone,
Some terrorists are infiltrating into Kashmir, Oh my! what a coincidence the same way some infiltrate into our province of Baluchistan from Afghanistan and get all the materials support from:angel:(Look at me i am so peaceful and i am all about economy). So my mind is pondering if the blame game is really a way to solve such issues?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom