Pakistan,Turkmenistan agree to link Turkmenistan with Gwadar port

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Date : 07-08-2014
Islamabad, Aug 7: Pakistan and Turkmenistan have agreed to implement TAPI gas pipeline project and link Turkmenistan with Gwadar port through road and rail line.

The understanding came at the 4th session of Pakistan Turkmenistan Joint Governmental Commission in Islamabad on Thursday.

Speaking on the occasion, Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz said both the countries will work together for the feasibility study and funding of the road and rail project.

Also reported in URDU MEDIA

188.gif

The problem is both Afghanistan and India. Afghanistan for obvious reasons, and India because I don't know if India would agree to the TAPI pipeline. From what I know, they'd rather not have to rely on a pipeline going through Pakistan.

If it becomes real, Central Asian Turkic could be linked to international Sea Lanes ! They are not more depend on Russia to winding up their Trade ! I hope Turkey support this Project, than a commom economic and security Union between Turkey, Turkic States Afghanistan and Pakistan could become reality !

THE WORLD DOMINANCE GAME

- EURASIA -

Turkmenistan - Afghanistan - Pakistan Pipeline

pipeline.jpg

This pipeline will carry $3-5 trillion in
oil and natural gas from the Caspian Sea basin via
Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan,
where ships docked in Arabian Sea ports
will then carry that fuel to energy hungry Asia.

This will yield enormous profits for investors,
and the atmosphere will continue to heat
from the increasing use of those fossil fuels.

Turkmenistan - Afghanistan - Pakistan Oil/Gas Pipelines

Not going to happen as long as PML(N) and PPP are in power in Pakistan. Some 20 years ago it was realized how Pakistan's energy needs will grow and domestic resources wont be sufficient. So pakistan will have to import energy. The planners work was made terribly easy when they saw that Iran,Qatar and Turkmenistan were very close to Pakistan. The countries with 2nd,3rd and 4th largest reserves of gas. So it was decided that Pakistan will simply import gas from these countries. But PML(N) and PPP have made it impossible so far because they are partners with oil mafia. Its safe to say no cheap gas will come to Pakistan as long as pml(n) and ppp have their way.

If it becomes real, Central Asian Turkic could be linked to international Sea Lanes ! They are not more depend on Russia to winding up their Trade ! I hope Turkey support this Project, than a commom economic and security Union between Turkey, Turkic States Afghanistan and Pakistan could become reality !

Hopefully. However there are a lot of forces working against this project. The Arabs (Gulfis) dont want the establishment of a rival major port city in the Gulf (as has been exposed by wikileaks). The Russians dont want C. Asia to become less reliant on it and India is doing its utmost to try and make C. Asia export through Iran (Chabahar).

Can anyone explain me why they are avoiding Iran Chabahar? Seem like central asian countries prefer Gwader.

Can anyone explain me why they are avoiding Iran Chabahar? Seem like central asian countries prefer Gwader.

They might already be having access to iran ports but whats bad in having a secured 2nd or 3rd supply line route aswell?

They might already be having access to iran ports but whats bad in having a secured 2nd or 3rd supply line route aswell?

Because of China Gwader will become default port for central asian countries. I doubt India will spend billions of dollars on Chabahar port just to reach small economies of central asia. I mean China is spending close to $40 billion over next 4 years alone for Pak-China corridor.

First complete Gawadar port then talk about future plans. Faqiron ka tola PPP came into power & completely stopped Gawadar port, just so that they can make US smile & get dollars from them. Then came Kingdom PML-N, who only knows how to do paper work & ZERO practical work.

Back
Top Bottom