What's new

Pakistan to Witness The Launch of 4 Sedans in 2017

Audi is also my choice but i will go for FAW.
Audi Like almost all the other German options is not really affordable for the majority of us Pakistanis,
FAW stands a better chance I think cuz it will be much cheaper but it may have to deal with the stigma associated with the Chinese brands here,
However FAW has been doing well lately

lets see which proves to be best performance vise
obviously it'll be the Audi

FAW B50 good?expected price?
it'll be priced around the price range of the current Honda City

Except for the ubiquitous Corolla, are all the others CBU imports and hence subject to high taxes that will elevate their on-the-road prices to ridiculous levels?
yes!
they all will be CBU's initially and will be subject to those ridiculous taxes but there's a chance FAW might get "new comer" advantage in the new auto policy like the one Suzuki is trying to get for Celerio

But Mehran got acres of space around the car to fit extra load of bags (passengers in our case)... But Audi cars are not very generous when it comes to giving extra amount of space. Even their glove boxes are tiny compared to non-germany brands.

People won't fit 20 people in 7 million luxury car... it happens with budget cars only in my opinion...

and when they would already have the option of A4 and A6 why would they buy A5 which is definitely better looking car but not idea for family
how your a6 going along? was it managing the "snow"just fine?
bloody bbc and dail mail telling me im gonna be snowed in, tbh i was worried big time about the snow so much so i forked out 400 for sottozeros. what do i get? like half an inch of snow.
im kinda suprised there not selling a4's instead.
does pakistan sell vauxhall's? if so the insignia perfect.
vehicles-insignia-engines-diesel-VX_N_INS_20520-992x500.jpg

yes!
they all will be CBU's initially and will be subject to those ridiculous taxes but there's a chance FAW might get "new comer" advantage in the new auto policy like the one Suzuki is trying to get for Celerio

A chance. Right. Not much of a sales success, then. Pity.

how your a6 going along? was it managing the "snow"just fine?
bloody bbc and dail mail telling me im gonna be snowed in, tbh i was worried big time about the snow so much so i forked out 400 for sottozeros. what do i get? like half an inch of snow.
im kinda suprised there not selling a4's instead.
does pakistan sell vauxhall's? if so the insignia perfect.
vehicles-insignia-engines-diesel-VX_N_INS_20520-992x500.jpg
yes its driving like a charm. The only complaint is the tanks and thanks of diesel it takes for inner-city driving but that is obviously understandable. I am very happy however when I drive on highways as it was able to do return journey from London to Brussels for less than £56, return journey from East London to Birmingham for £35... which is quite good.

We do have all the cars available in Pakistan, even Ferraris and Lamborighini but the import charges are very high at least on the paper. If you import Toyota Prius from London to Pakistan, it may cost you £15,000 on import charges alone on top of the price of the car but there are dealers in Pakistan who can sell you the same car for less than £20,000 so I guess they give bribe or get some sort of discount which allows you to buy Audi A3 for around 3 million, A4 for around 4 million for 2 year old used car... and that is roughly the same price you get in UK. It was supposed to be 100% more if you import it yourself but I guess our dealers do play some sort of trick to evade taxes

A chance. Right. Not much of a sales success, then. Pity.
the FAW V2 so far is still sold as CBU in Pakistan and its the cheapest 1.3 L hatchback in Pakistan, and slowly its sales have gained pace over the years, could be the same with the B-50 sedan
FAW still however isnt a big name in Passenger cars and people are stil skeptical because of it being Chinese,

it however is selling plenty of trucks that are locally assembled,

yes its driving like a charm. The only complaint is the tanks and thanks of diesel it takes for inner-city driving but that is obviously understandable. I am very happy however when I drive on highways as it was able to do return journey from London to Brussels for less than £56, return journey from East London to Birmingham for £35... which is quite good.

We do have all the cars available in Pakistan, even Ferraris and Lamborighini but the import charges are very high at least on the paper. If you import Toyota Prius from London to Pakistan, it may cost you £15,000 on import charges alone on top of the price of the car but there are dealers in Pakistan who can sell you the same car for less than £20,000 so I guess they give bribe or get some sort of discount which allows you to buy Audi A3 for around 3 million, A4 for around 4 million for 2 year old used car... and that is roughly the same price you get in UK. It was supposed to be 100% more if you import it yourself but I guess our dealers do play some sort of trick to evade taxes
56 pound from london to brussels? what kinda mileage were you getting?

does the import charge apply to manufacturers as well?

56 pound from london to brussels? what kinda mileage were you getting?
I filled up the tank near my cousin's house in Chingford... Brussels is around 235 miles from there

80 miles to Folkstone + (34 miles in the train which isn't counted) + 120 miles from Calais to Brussels.

I refuelled for 15 Euros in Brussels just to be safe and then back to the petrol station in Chingford and refuelled to full for £42. It gives around 45-50mpg when you put it on Cruise Control and just enjoy at 70mph. The bottom line is, £56 pound for about 440 miles (including inner city) is a good mileage in my opinion.

PS: My previous car used to cover the same distance for £40 but it was obviously not Audi

does the import charge apply to manufacturers as well?
yes it applies... but I heard new entrants are being given special incentives that is why Audi is talking about introducing Brand new A4 for 3.2 million

the FAW V2 so far is still sold as CBU in Pakistan and its the cheapest 1.3 L hatchback in Pakistan, and slowly its sales have gained pace over the years, could be the same with the B-50 sedan
FAW still however isnt a big name in Passenger cars and people are stil skeptical because of it being Chinese,

it however is selling plenty of trucks that are locally assembled,

That is great. Any idea about the actual numbers of units sold?

The problem with Pakistani market is that it mostly requires small cars. And that creates a problem for many manufactures as their compact sedans have become mid-range which is defeating the whole purpose of economy and budget car.
I do hope that Audi brings their A3, and VW brings their golf.

Are they booking the facelift already? I thought bookings are for current shape so far. How much time did they give you?
5 months.
we have current one too so thought to book that and use this one in the mean time

yes it applies... but I heard new entrants are being given special incentives that is why Audi is talking about introducing Brand new A4 for 3.2 million

Where in the world did you hear that? The 2017 Audi A4 has been launched already. Price is above PKR 5 million.

Audi AG has sent a letter to BoI via Premier Systems to set up an SKD plant in Pakistan (like in India).

Back
Top Bottom