What's new

Pakistan to tour Bangladesh from Apr 13, no PCB objections: BCB

Khalid Newazi

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officials say there is no confusion over the Pakistan team coming over to Bangladesh on Apr 13 as no objections have been raised over their proposal.

BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury also said at their office at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium that the tourists would be playing three tests, two ODIs and a Twenty20 match during their visit.

His confirmation follows a PCB declaration that their government had cleared the tour.

Pakistan had earlier demanded half of the revenue to be earned by BCB in the tour and sending Bangladesh’s under-19 squad to Pakistan.

But BCB President Nazmul Hassan trashed both demands.

In its reaction, PCB said their squad visited Bangladesh in 2011 and the Tigers were supposed to make a return visit.

In 2012, BCB made the assurance in writing but did not keep it; so the tour should actually be Pakistan’s home series, it had argued.

Test-playing nations have stopped touring Pakistan since the attack on the touring Sri Lankan team in 2009.

PCB withdrew their players from the Bangladesh Premier League in 2013 after Bangladesh twice refused to tour the country in 2012. They also did not allow their players to come for Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League.

NOTE: I just hope the Awami League cadres don't come and insult the Pakistani team to please their Indian masters and give Bangladesh a bad name.

Ahh, great, the Indian trolls are here. Let's face it, the only reason you want Bangladeshi's to hate Pakistan is because you Indians hate them.
My point was if you don't want to include Politics into games, that point wasn't even needed to add. Just shows your obsession towards India and love for Pakistan and nothing concerning to the game

My point was if you don't want to include Politics into games, that point wasn't even needed to add. Just shows your obsession towards India and love for Pakistan and nothing concerning to the game

As Bengladeshi he has a valid concern, and has every right to post his opinion and concern. @Khalid Newazi I think your concern is genuine and I am skeptical that it may happen.

I didn't bring any politics, I brought out my concern. AL cadres might want to counter the current political turmoil by trying to stir anti-Pakistan agendas and they might start it in the stadium. Now wonder how will it make Bangladesh look in front of the whole World when they are making anti-Pakistan chants during a game with the International medias present.

I didn't bring any politics, I brought out my concern. AL cadres might want to counter the current political turmoil by trying to stir anti-Pakistan agendas and they might start it in the stadium. Now wonder how will it make Bangladesh look in front of the whole World when they are making anti-Pakistan chants during a game with the International medias present.
Ok then just saying that would have worked out, I understand the concern :)

There is no need to bring India especially yr last line,yr last line is highly unjustified
About pleasing Indian masters
Why did PCB withdrew their players from the Bangladesh Premier League in 2013 after Bangladesh twice refused to tour the country in 2012.Can u explain this

I liked the India versus Bangladesh match in the world cup, I am not an avid fan of cricket but I enjoyed how the anti-India forces in Bangladesh used the match to turn the nation more anti-India. As a marketing man, I found it ingenious :lol:

Last edited:
I think Pakistani team should be prepared for colosal amount of crying and whining if Bangladeshi team again fails to win a match.

Off late I have not noticed any country visiting Pakistan to play cricket. Have other nations also boycotted to play in Pakistan or is it just India?

Khalid newazi post these threads to sports section

Back
Top Bottom