What's new

Pakistan to send troops to Lebanon

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Israel fired upon the Indian forces stationed at Lebanon. If our boys are being sent to such a tough place, they need to send them in with a lot of firepower.

The airforce should be committed too, to GENUINELY ensure Hezbollah doesn't launch any aggressions against Israel and compromise the peace.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/Home/Story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=896181

ISLAMABAD, Aug 13 (KUNA) -- Pakistan has decided to send troops to Lebanon under the umbrella of the United Nations peacekeeping troops, in accordance with the resolution passed by the UN Security Council, said sources on Sunday.

The decision has been taken "in principle" after deliberations and debates among the ruling circle, between the government and the international community and also the repeated help calls by Lebanon, fell prey to Israel in its hunt for Hezbollah, highly credible sources told KUNA.

However, they added, the deployment of some 15,000 UN peacekeeping troops would take some time.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister of Lebanon Fouad Siniora Sunday telephoned Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and briefed him on the latest situation on the ceasefire, which will be effective from Monday.

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said Pakistan stands by the Lebanese people in this difficult time and desires to see an early ceasefire in Lebanon to end the loss of human lives, damage to property and physical and economic blockage of Lebanon, said an official statement.

The Lebanese Prime Minister thanked Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz for the consistent support of Pakistan. Pakistan is the largest contributor to international peacekeeping operations

The UN does not commit offensive air power in the infratructure of Peacekeeping troops.

It is part of the game that the UN is at the mercy of all and also get blamed for the crookedness of the belligerents.

That is why the West does not commit any troops, they only give money and take the contracts to supply UN forces. Neat, what?

I believe the French are going to head the contingent. That is real interesting. Wanting to be back as the colonial boss?

Salim said:
The UN does not commit offensive air power in the infratructure of Peacekeeping troops.

It is part of the game that the UN is at the mercy of all and also get blamed for the crookedness of the belligerents.

That is why the West does not commit any troops, they only give money and take the contracts to supply UN forces. Neat, what?

I believe the French are going to head the contingent. That is real interesting. Wanting to be back as the colonial boss?

the french have created the political system of lebanon. the french have still special relations with some christian lebanese communities.

this is going to anger israel, as france is not as israelified as usa.

Wadawada,

You must be a Francophile yourself, but I think French are a bit too nose in the air!

Too much of the oh la la!

While the British live in their stratified and almost airless superciliousness.

and the Americans appear crass and crude, but individually a whole lot of 'hail fellow well met' types and then complain about the unhygienic conditions! :)

We, Indians, will be cynical about everything!

And if Pakistanis are like Asim, they will see an Indian plot even if they are winning? Right, Asim ;)

Asim and I have a long long relationship. I want to meet him actually, biff him on the nose, and then hug him and buy him a 5 star dinner! It will cost me a hand and an arm, but then Asim only knows 5 star stuff. Wait, he is Dubai and his ****** Arab rich friends are these days giving him a dose of 7 star!

Actually, Asim doesn't mean anything bad. but whenever he sees my post, he see red! ;)

I was having trouble with my posts in PFF and who went out of his way to help me. It was Asim. So, don't think we don't like each other. Actually, we are like two buds of the best quality tea! At least, I know he is, even if he doesn't want to admit he is my 'bud - dy'. :)

That's the world.

Salim said:
Wadawada,

You must be a Francophile yourself, but I think French are a bit too nose in the air!

Too much of the oh la la!

While the British live in their stratified and almost airless superciliousness.

and the Americans appear crass and crude, but individually a whole lot of 'hail fellow well met' types and then complain about the unhygienic conditions!

We, Indians, will be cynical about everything!

And if Pakistanis are like Asim, they will see an Indian plot even if they are winning? Right, Asim ;)

Asim and I have a long long relationship. I want to meet him actually, biff him on the nose, and then hug him and buy him a 5 star dinner! It will cost me a hand and an arm, but then Asim only knows 5 star stuff. Wait, he is Dubai and his ****** Arab rich friends are these days giving him a dose of 7 star!

Actually, Asim doesn't mean anything bad. but whenever he sees my post, he see red!

I was having trouble with my posts in PFF and who went out of his way to help me. It was Asim. So, don't think we don't like each other. Actually, we are like two buds of the best quality tea! At least, I know he is, even if he doesn't want to admit he is my 'bud - dy'. :)

That's the world.

lol. i have not understand much but i haev trhe impression that it is "lolable", right ? :what1:

hum. about the french : in fact, i'm also cynical :whatever: , and not a -phile. french are also pro-israelis (technically, they have no choice, just like any other european country. europeans love neutrality, which is the rational choice, but under usa and israeli pressures, they must move...). but their style is rarely understood by americans. french policies are "diplomatic", understand: hypocrite. if americans could listen to french ,they would have won their war before even they begun.

Salim said:

very right the US and its western allies have made UN merely a clown.

Salim said:

By looking at its new plans and attitute of supressing those nations once under their rule, its seems they very soon even not goling to provide money anymore.

Salim said:
So as the case with Britain. Look at her in Afghanistan where US is pulling her troops sensing casualties Britain is ready to make its soldiiers scapgoats.
Ah she is also dreaming to colonise the sub-continent

Salim said:
At least, I know he is, even if he doesn't want to admit he is my 'bud - dy'. :)

Army people are used to bud-y ;)

My cousin was in the Congo. BHe said the best way to keep the peace was to "liberally shell both sides". What else can you expect from an artilleryman?

sparten said:
My cousin was in the Congo. BHe said the best way to keep the peace was to "liberally shell both sides". What else can you expect from an artilleryman?
LOL, if thats not evidence of Sparten's Pathanness origins then what is!!

The french are slowly going to back out of conflict over time chances are this is going to be yet another high profile Pakistan dominated peacekeeping mission.

And a multi-national force is a bad idea. Remember when Pak had to work with the US in Somalia? The US PR machine initially kept complaining about the Pakistani peacekeeping presence, totally ignoring about their overall contribution in the region. This won't work out since we have no history doing this together.

I wonder why Turkey isn't being sought since initially they had offered and we have participated in a lot of military exercises witht hem.

Asim,
To be fair every official publication was glowing. Blackhawk Down was fiction mostly. It was stupid really, the whole assualt on the Aideed radio
, which was exacebated by the Italian's decision to work on their tans instead of coming in support. Good thing an Armoured Egiment was dispatched after the fact, and now one is always with a Pakistani UNO Contigent.

And thanks about the Pathaness! THough I do think its obvious that my cousin was being flippant.

The people there are on a hair trigger and ready to fight. By now no side is probably the right side. You can't be equally nice to them, but you can be equally strict.

Asim Aquil said:
The french are slowly going to back out of conflict over time chances are this is going to be yet another high profile Pakistan dominated peacekeeping mission.

And a multi-national force is a bad idea. Remember when Pak had to work with the US in Somalia? The US PR machine initially kept complaining about the Pakistani peacekeeping presence, totally ignoring about their overall contribution in the region. This won't work out since we have no history doing this together.

I wonder why Turkey isn't being sought since initially they had offered and we have participated in a lot of military exercises with hem.

One must understand how UN Forces operate.

It is immaterial as to which country fields the contingents.

The orders maybe given by the UN HQ and the Contingent HQ, but whether the contingent of a country implements that order or not is based on the decision of the country that is fielding the contingent.

It is an odd way how the UN Forces function, but that is the ground reality.

It is incorrect to surmise that the Pakistani or any other contingent would do anything that does not have their govt's approval.

That is why most UN forces are at sixes and sevens and look hopelessly inefficient.

What happened in Rwanda is an excellent example of the total dysfunction that the UN Forces symbolise.

The French will surely not give up this opportunity to "show" how a Western nation handles a "knotty" issue, more so to spite the US.

Back
Top Bottom