What's new

Pakistan to produce 1500MW energy from used sugar canes.

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
8-3-2012_115793_1.gif

Source: Jang news.

I, just last night, was talking about this project with a family member whose friend has a huge farm and needs an economical project for energy for tube-wells. The farms' for Sugar Canes in Sudan and I put forward this idea with techniques and details on how I can make this possible, as I've done Organic Chemistry and Dynamic Physics in college. And the very next day seeing this feels as if I was spied.

I hope it doesn't remain a news only.

I hope it doesn't remain a news only.

Like running cars on water?

Can you translate That news item please to understand what tech is sought to be used to convert Used Cane to electricity.

BTW, the residue of cane crushed in Sugar Mills is something known as Bagasse. This Bagasse can be burnt as fuel to power Thermal Power Stations. Sugar Factories in India have Co-Generation Power Plants where they use the Bagasse created to power their own operations. Depending on the Bagasse created some of them are even able to wheel surplus power back into the Public Grid and earn revenue. This has been in use for over 3 decades.

Another use for Bagasse is to make MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) a wood subsitute for furniture making and far cheaper and pest-free compared to wood. Its completely wood-free and has helped to reduce deforestation. Bagasse can also be used as a substitute for wood-pulp to make paper.

Is that what is being proposed?

Can you translate That news item please to understand what tech is sought to be used to convert Used Cane to electricity.

BTW, the residue of cane crushed in Sugar Mills is something known as Bagasse. This Bagasse can be burnt as fuel to power Thermal Power Stations. Sugar Factories in India have Co-Generation Power Plants where they use the Bagasse created to power their own operations. Depending on the Bagasse created some of them are even able to wheel surplus power back into the Public Grid and earn revenue. This has been in use for over 3 decades.

Another use for Bagasse is to make MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) a wood subsitute for furniture making and far cheaper and pest-free compared to wood. Its completely wood-free and has helped to reduce deforestation. Bagasse can also be used as a substitute for wood-pulp to make paper.

Yup, news item is all about generating 1500 MV of electricity from Bagasse.

Local sugar factories also generate electricity from bagasse.

Yup, news item is all about generating 1500 MV of electricity from Bagasse.

Thought so too. :)

Now Last Hope can put his Organic Chemistry and Dynamic Physics to work.
Though he will not need too much of either. He'll just have to get an effective furnace below the water-tube boiler and set-up a material handling plant to feed the crushed Bagasse into it. The rest is just a classic Thermal Power Station. :P

It is a feasible project but my teacher(Electrical Engr) at UET LHR told us that the cost per unit from this project should be 3-4 rupees but the owners of sugar mills are asking for 12-15 rupees per unit.AS most of the sugar mills are owned by political leaders so as a habit their corrupt thunking is damaging the project. If the news is true I dont know for how much rupees per unit GoP has agreed.

it is a feasible project but my teachr(Electrcical Engr)at UET LHR told that the actual price should be 3-4 rupees per unit as in the world. But the problem is these sugar mills are owned by politicians (most of them) and they are asking 12-15 rupees per unit this corrupt thinking is damaging the project. IF THE NEWS IS TRUE then I dont know for how much per unit GoP has agreed.

Something similar is done by private companies in India,it's profitable and viable.They produce electricity from the Biomass/household waste and sell the electricity to the grid.

Last edited by a moderator:

yes exactly

Back
Top Bottom