What's new

Pakistan to manufacture J-10 fighter aircraft

I think this is something very far off. First PAC has to setup the production lines for the JF-17 and only after that is done then PAC may retool for J-10. I think J-10s will be bought from China after getting various Pakistani upgrades integrated.

Blain, can PAC and rest of our infrastructure absorb J-10/FC-20 and integrrate production lines to manufacture both from 2010?
Imho we've moving past the stage to import ready-to-fly planes from abroad, J-10/FC-20 should be atleast assembled locally.

For those who can't read Urdu, here's a phonetic version of the text:

Chin kay istrak se J-10 Multi Role ladaka tayyarreh bananay ka mansooba.

Pakistan ne JF-17 Thunder ladaka tayyarreh ki kamyabee ke baad China ke ishteraak se naya JF-10 multirole tayyarrah babanay ka mansooba tayaar kia hai. Pak Fazayah ke zimmadar zaray ke muttabiq naya JF-10 multirole jangi tayyarrah Amriki F-16 ka mutibadil ho ga jo ibtedai tor China aur Pakistan ke ishterak se Chin hi mai tayaar kia jaega. Bad-e-azan is ki production Kamra PAC mai shuruh ki jaegi.
Zaray ne bataya ke pehle China aur Pakistan ke ishterak se tayyar kye jane wale JF-17 moahiday ke muttabiq 250 tayyarron ki tayarre mukkamal ki ja rahi hai jis ke foran bad JF-10 multirole tayyarray baqaeda moahiday par dastaqqat kye jaengay.
Zaray ke muttabiq JF-17 Thunder mazeed 6 tayyaron ke husool ke liye Pak Fazayah ke pilots aenda haftay ke bad China rawana ho jaengay. Zaray ne bataya hai ke JF-10 multirole tayyarah mukkamal tor par Amriki F-16 jaesi tammam khubiyon se lais hoga!

I just don't see that happening. I think the reporter got carried away a bit. In order to setup assembly lines for the JF-17, PAC has been at it since the early 2003. Fo PAC to undertake J-10 assembly, a program in which no Pakistani collaboration has gone in and for it to start off in 2010...hmm it aint happening my friend.

Also the name JF-10 should tell you that this report has been pulled out of somewhere and that somewhere aint the AHQ (they have already named the aircraft FC-20 ;-)

Generally I agree that we don't need an assembly line for just a few batches but what if JF-20 is ordered in larger numbers, say 100-160. Whats the estimated comonality percentage of spareparts, can't PAC be expded to accomodate the JF-20?

AFAIK 48-50 J-10C will be delivered to PAF as per Chinese export standards but PAC will modify and upgrade it to FC-20 standard (french, italian and german avionics and weaponsuite), as none of these european countries is eager to provide tot to China.
Which brings me back to my question: Why not assemble the whole thing in Pakistan, wouldn't it be cost and time effective?

no.1-> daily express, come on guys, this is a trash urdu newspaper

assalamualaikum.....dear brothers there r smome quesions in my mind which keep
bothering me...its related to pak airforce....
to compare...india has more jets than pakistan...they have su30,su27,mig29 as front line fighters whereas we have f16 and in future j10 as frontline fighters...similarly they hav twin engine jets which might have advantage over single engine jet????????????.
so, how do u see the airforce of both the countries?????????
i would realy appreciate if anyone answer these quetions with logic...regards to all of u.

similarly they hav twin engine jets which might have advantage over single engine jet????????????.

Who said twin engines have advantages over single engine. Twin engines are more expensive to maintain and they are mostly used for carrierbased takeoff and therefore pakistan has no such need for twin engine aircrafts as yet.

Pakistan should also concentrate on aquiring air craft carriers.waise can we fire our cruise missiles from JF17 and JF10?

Pakistan should also concentrate on aquiring air craft carriers.waise can we fire our cruise missiles from JF17 and JF10?

Aircraft carriers are generally part of large battle fleets to include submarines, frigates and destroyers.

With the number of vessels we currently have we could only just support the one carrier so its not worth it.

Apparantly the F16 order includes JDAM and the Hatf VIII missile is for use from land sea and air so watch this space.

similarly they hav twin engine jets which might have advantage over single engine jet????????????.

i hav putted question marks for the purpose to know the advantage of twin engine.....thx icecold for making the correction :)

brother how do u see the affectiveness of f16 and j10 in light of india"s su30,su27 and mig29 frontline fighters?

I think we can and we will and we SHould INSHALLAH

We should look and envisage in our objective to manufacture J10 for many good reasons. This production would open doors for us to have quantum leaps for research for future aviation.

I m for and am positive about it PAKAIRFORCE would establish it INShAllah!

Pakistan Zindabad

Hi
I am Tauhid. I think we donot need aircraft carriers at present. Our Navy and its aviation wing is capable enough to counter any aerial offensive by any country. For cruise missiles we have submarines & state of the art frigates.

anybody can tell me that when the first pakistan made jf17 will fly in air of pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom