What's new

Pakistan - The only Nuclear Armed State without a Sea-Based deterrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSBN capability for Pak Navy is a must - even if the boat is smaller than most others in its class.

SSBN capability for Pak Navy is a must - even if the boat is smaller than most others in its class.
True intelligence is lacking in our leadership we don't even have a credible sea based nuclear sub at least 12 missiles in the Sub is a must!! And not some tiny 12 horshima like yeilds but major 12 missiles with 6-8 MIRV warheads and 50-100KT yeild each....

True intelligence is lacking in our leadership we don't even have a credible sea based nuclear sub at least 12 missiles in the Sub is a must!! And not some tiny 12 horshima like yeilds but major 12 missiles with 6-8 MIRV warheads and 50-100KT yeild each....
Obviously the best option would be to build something similar to the french (considering we already operate Agosta-90b's)
upload_2017-1-8_23-6-0.png

Even though the French SSBN's are lighter in displacement compared to American and Russian Subs, its still far to massive of a structure for Pakistan to build and operate.
upload_2017-1-8_23-6-23.png

Obviously it would have to be scaled down compared to most SSBN's - but it would do the Job.
Though developing a smaller SSBN is also a stretch for Pakistan and won't be easy.

Also the SLBM would probably be a sea variant of the Shaheen series of Missiles and not an M51 ICBM.

Even this sub would still be twice the displacement as our current Agosta's MINIMUM.

Last edited:
Obviously the best option would be to build something similar to the french (considering we already operate Agosta-90b's)
View attachment 366992
Even though the French SSBN's are lighter in displacement compared to American and Russian Subs, its still far to massive of a structure for Pakistan to build and operate.
View attachment 366993
Obviously it would have to be scaled down compared to most SSBN's - but it would do the Job.
Though developing a smaller SSBN is also a stretch for Pakistan and won't be easy.

Also the SLBM would probably be a sea variant of the Shaheen series of Missiles and not an M51 ICBM.
you live in your wet dream and wishful thinking for what purpose we need SSBN our enemy is sitting is in our next door we don't need travel 7000 km and then fire SLBM and return SSK with SLCM with a range of 1500 to 2000 km will do the job easily and better than SSBN/SLBM combination rest of the target will be in the range of S-2and S-3 and by the way who will gives you a SSBN or technology of it? get real kid:hitwall::blah::devil:

View attachment 366992
View attachment 366993

Even this sub would still be twice the displacement as our current Agosta's MINIMUM.
Have you seen this Soryu Class?
5f8e4489356abf2bea791cd4b9d5ab55

I don't mind the size of it as long as the submarine is capable of carrying 16 Missiles !!!

Subs%2BAround%2Bthe%2BWorld.jpg

PN does not need an SSBN.

SSBN's role is to sit thousands of miles away in silence and act, when required.
We do not have that role as of now.

Our enemy is next door.

A nuclear SLCM will also act as a sea based deterrent for our enemy.

SSBN's role is to sit thousands of miles away in silence and act, when required.

Our enemy is next door.

Please sir teach this to @Hassan Guy

That is something we do posses......
No sir we currently we have none but in rumors in early development stages

rumors might be true, something not demonstrated publicly doesn't mean it does not exist.......
sir kindly provide some evidence that we have SLCM? if you have and i am not talking about anti ship cruise missiles from submarines thank you sir

Have you seen this Soryu Class? .........

I don't mind the size of it as long as the submarine is capable of carrying 16 Missiles !!!
The number of missiles and the size are proportional.
16 missiles is an ideal number - though even 8-12 won't be bad.

Please sir teach this to @Hassan Guy

No sir we currently we have none but in rumors in early development stages

Our enemy is next door.

Look at the size of SSGN's and tell me if it currently feasible for the country to build such a massive machine
upload_2017-1-9_14-58-46.png

Look at the size of SSGN's and tell me if it currently feasible for the country to build such a massive machine

I know which country has what.
We don't need it.

View attachment 366992
View attachment 366993

The only plausible way Pakistan could pursue this is by a conventionally-powered ballistic missile submarine. Basically, think of a production-grade Type 032 Qing-class submarine. However, the success of this boat will depend on how well the enlarged size can be mitigated in terms of noise (i.e. acoustic signature) and the propulsion output. The latter is key in order to ensure that the SSBP (i.e. air-independent propulsion powered ballistic missile submarine) is as fast as the Yuan or Agosta.

The number of missiles and the size are proportional.

I am thininking about 16 mirved missiles because by the time we have 1 Submarine India will have 3-4 ssbn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom