What's new

Pakistan; The Fastest Growing Muslim Economy: The Economist magazine

Well I am a theorist in economics but not without practical understanding of some logic.

Can u explain us what steps Pakistan is taking structurally to increase this growth rate?
I am no student of economic, so dont ask me details, but with my limited knowledge .all i can say is. The 2 main hurdles faced are Energy Crisis & Security Situation, Security situation have improved a lot since the start of ZarbiAzab and with the work on diff energy projects continuing we can expect the increase in growth rate...
Edit: Economic Agreements worth US$46B will also play its part :)

This is really a good news. That shall certainly make Pakistan Economy strong.

The econonmy is looking better no doubt.

Ive edited the previous post and added in the part about our growing reserves, up from 3 billion in 2013 to 18 billion now and expected to reach 20 billion by the end of this year as per the requirements of the IMF.

The security situation has improved too although its still of course far from good (Relative improvement: 2014 saw a 43% drop in suicide attacks, states report - The Express Tribune

Energy is a major impediment on our current growth rate. The govt has been taking steps to reduce the energy deficit (Pakistan opens first solar power plant, built with Chinese investment| Reuters but more needs to be done and faster imo.

I think the govt is banking in on an Iran-West nuclear deal which will allow us to then import Iranian gas. Explains our neutrality in the ongoing Saudi-Yemen war. If Iran can reach a deal it would be good for the Pakistani economy too.

capture-png.220396

LONDON – According to ‘The Economist magazine’ the financial indicators published on Friday suggest that Pakistan is the fastest growing Muslim economy of the world.

Pakistan has become the 5th fastest growing economy in the world with Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is growing at the rate of 5.7% in 2015.

According to the publication of London based magazine, The Economist, India is leading the list of fastest growing countries with GDP at 7.6%.

China, Philippines and Vietnam are at the second, third and fourth number with GDP 6.9%, 6.7% and 6.2% respectively.

The interactive table of economics and financial indicators in ‘The Economist’ revealed that Pakistan is way ahead than larger Muslim economies in terms of economic growth in the recent years.

The Muslim countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt and Turkey are all below the Pakistan in economic growth

Pakistan; The Fastest Growing Muslim Economy | The News Tribe

=========================

anyone with the economist subscription in the forum?

Original Source

http://www.economist.com/indicators

You are the only member on the forum constantly looking at important GDP figures, forecasts and quarterly figures of Pakistan. For that and for the good news, you get a positive rating.

Also, what's BD's GDP growth at, I thought it was higher than ours?

Also, Pakistani industry hasn't yet bounced back, wait till 2018 and after, the GDP growth rate should become suddenly very strong.

You are the only member on the forum constantly looking at important GDP figures, forecasts and quarterly figures of Pakistan. For that and for the good news, you get a positive rating.

Also, Pakistani industry hasn't yet bounced back, wait till 2018 and after, the GDP growth rate should become suddenly very strong.

Theek hai bhai aakhir hum hain kaun keh hum nazar aiiin when I am posting figures and forecasts ? :(

I am no student of economic, so dont ask me details, but with my limited knowledge .all i can say is. The 2 main hurdles faced are Energy Crisis & Security Situation, Security situation have improved a lot since the start of ZarbiAzab and with the work on diff energy projects continuing we can expect the increase in growth rate...
Edit: Economic Agreements worth US$46B will also play its part :)
Hmm. True. Afterall 36 Bn out of those 46Bn are for Energy Gerneration. But also to add that the fall in oil proces has led to decrease in inflation which has led to decrease in interest rates and hence increase in investments and FDI. We have seen some good FDI in Pakistan in recent times.

But my concern is something else. How sure are u about the security situation? Zarb e Asb cannot go on for eternity. Most important tool to fight extrimism is growth development and jobs. What roadmap has Pakistan made for investments in these lagging regions where terrorists come from.

Infact there was a recent debate after the Chinese visit what everything is going to Punjab and your western states are completely ignored. Now without developing these regions u cant finish terrorism from yout country.

Bangladesh is not an Islamic Republic by constitution, so does Indonesia ( where new strong man elected which may be turn around their economic growth )
So, Pakistan throne is pretty safe.

Hmm. True. Afterall 36 Bn out of those 46Bn are for Energy Gerneration. But also to add that the fall in oil proces has led to decrease in inflation which has led to decrease in interest rates and hence increase in investments and FDI. We have seen some good FDI in Pakistan in recent times.

But my concern is something else. How sure are u about the security situation? Zarb e Asb cannot go on for eternity. Most important tool to fight extrimism is growth development and jobs. What roadmap has Pakistan made for investments in these lagging regions where terrorists come from.

Infact there was a recent debate after the Chinese visit what everything is going to Punjab and your western states are completely ignored. Now without developing these regions u cant finish terrorism from yout country.
No one can be 100% sure what lies ahead, other than being optimistic, as far as this Chinese investment debate of favoring few & ignoring others, its a political issue, i am sure all these factors are considered in these projection/indicators released by diff economic orgs

Muslim economy ?
Where is the jewish list ? hindu list ? buddhst list ? christians list ? sikhs list ?
Or lets go one setp frther and have sunni list and shia list !

No one can be 100% sure what lies ahead, other than being optimistic, as far as this Chinese investment debate of favoring few & ignoring others, its a political issue, i am sure all these factors are considered in these projection/indicators released by diff economic orgs
Well frankly they are not coz these indicators are much before the Chinese visit. I am telling u the right reason. Its the oil prices. Because of low oil prices, imports are gonna be less compared to earlier which gives u an increased GDP for current year and hence the growth rate.

The assumption is that the oil prices might be stable for next 2 years. Thats why after 2016 it shows decrease in Pakistani growth rate.

Now your concern shud be how to take ur GDP away from oil dependency? Only way is rise in exports and huge internal consumption for that u guys need to create jobs and increase purchasing power of comman Pakistani. Now that can be done by increasing industry and having educated skilled youth.

Now thats where your future prosperity lie which will be irrespective of any external change or effect.

Well frankly they are not coz these indicators are much before the Chinese visit. I am telling u the right reason. Its the oil prices. Because of low oil prices, imports are gonna be less compared to earlier which gives u an increased GDP for current year and hence the growth rate.

The assumption is that the oil prices might be stable for next 2 years. Thats why after 2016 it shows decrease in Pakistani growth rate.

Now your concern shud be how to take ur GDP away from oil dependency? Only way is rise in exports and huge internal consumption for that u guys need to create jobs and increase purchasing power of comman Pakistani. Now that can be done by increasing industry and having educated skilled youth.

Now thats where your future prosperity lie which will be irrespective of any external change or effect.
array mera bhai, i did not argue with what u said with regards to oil prices :), with regards to ur other point.. stable & continuous energy supply to the industry will help them focus on boosting their sales/export figure, which will help generate more jobs..... i'm out.... no more discussion on economic ...... not my cup of tea... :)

array mera bhai, i did not argue with what u said with regards to oil prices :), with regards to ur other point.. stable & continuous energy supply to the industry will help them focus on boosting their sales/export figure, which will help generate more jobs..... i'm out.... no more discussion on economic ...... not my cup of tea... :)
For gods sake dont argue with him he doesnt know basics of economics and finance,
speaking from my experience. Trust me,

Back
Top Bottom