What's new

Pakistan,Tajikistan express willingness to build railway link to Gwadar

Dance

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD, Aug 9 (APP): Pakistan and Tajikistan on Tuesday expressed willingness to build railway link from China to Gwadar Port through Tajikistan and Afghanistan for proper utilization of the facilities already available at Gwadar Port. They agreed to work together towards this end in a quadrilateral format including China and Afghanistan,said a message received from Dushanbe.
These views were shared by Federal Minister for Communications Dr. Arbab Alamgir Khan with Prime Minister of Tajikistan Oqil Oqilov and Foreign Minister of Tajikistan Hamrakhon Zarifi during his meetings with the Tajik dignitaries.
The Minister briefed Prime Minister Oqilov and Foreign Minister Zarifi on the fruitful discussions he had yesterday with his Tajik counterpart, Hakimov Nizom, regarding confluence of ideas and plans on air and surface connectivity between Pakistan and Tajikistan and regional road and rail corridors.
Minister Arbab Alamgir congratulated both Tajik leaders on the forthcoming 20th Independence Anniversary of Tajikistan and conveyed the best wishes of the President, the Prime Minister and the people of Pakistan to the Tajik nation.
Tajik Prime Minister and Foreign Minister said that the Tajik Government highly valued its existing relations with Pakistan and was keen to further enhance people-to-people contacts, trade and tourism between the two countries.
The Minister for Communications will visit the Ishkashim city in the Gorno-Badakhshan Province of Tajikistan tomorrow to see the area from where road link may be established between the two countries through Wakhan corridor to Chitral.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Pakistan,Tajikistan express willingness to build railway link to Gwadar port

Good news, we Must solidify our relations with the Central Asian Republics.:pakistan:

Great Idea but years old one. I loathe these understandings, agreements & MoUs now, let us get going now...

The iron is hot, strike, pull up the coup before another gateway surfaces. Exploit!

Great but keep our Railway Minister away from all this. Allah kay wastay.

Excellant news, this is the kind of news i like to hear

Awsome news this will benfit both nations .

great news but now i want something beyond Willingness.

Come on Pakistan - complete the Gawadar project and build all the necessary roads and railway tracks. Its already too late

great news but now i want something beyond Willingness.

Come on Pakistan - complete the Gawadar project and build all the necessary roads and railway tracks. Its already too late

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post. The time in itself is strategic!

But why to run it through Afghanistan. We dont want them blackmailing us for everything now.

Pakistan is also building a train link to Australia as well , with the fictional Locomotives it has

its a very tiny strip of land ... wakhan corridor .. why don't we purchase it from Afghanistan

Pakistan is also building a train link to Australia as well , with the fictional Locomotives it has

actually its a brilliant idea .. we'll go there by making a tunnel rite through Earth's core ... Yahan se ghusse gein , wahan se nikle gein . :cheesy:

i am going to tajikistan after eid for some business purpose

Back
Top Bottom