What's new

Pakistan Super League (PSL) Second Edition-News, Updates and Discussions

Which team will win this edition of PSL?

• Qalanders

• Kings

• Zalmi

• Galadiators

• United

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hum ne Jeet lia hae PSL.Ub jis ne jeetna hae jeet jaye,Humara juutha hee mile ga. :p:

It was a good Bismillah.
The capital has passed the bill, now it's up to the provinces to capture the opportunity and prove their worth.
Yeah, Punjab being the bigger province should hold the final in Lahore.
(Passed → Signed → Distributed to the relevant authorities)
@friendly_troll96 GoOd mOrning..!:coffee:
(Bhai Sahab, aglaa parlimaany ijlas hum ap ke sabzi mandi ke pichwarre mein mojoud Sabz Hawelli mein karwaein ge.)

@friendly_troll96 GoOd mOrning..!:coffee:
(Bhai Sahab, aglaa parlimaany ijlas hum ap ke sabzi mandi ke pichwarre mein mojoud Sabz Hawelli mein karwaein ge.)
good morning doc
shurakaa ko bta den k zara dhyan se q k pichhwaray k baghal mn saru ka darakht b parta hai. :D

HBL Pakistan Super League 2017 - Official Anthem is out check it out guys.
@The Eagle @WAJsal can u guys share it on fb page of Pakistan Defence for promotion of PSL ?
nice middle finger dance :lol:

Moeen Ali, Dilshan picked in PSL's replacement draft
By Sports Desk
Published: January 23, 2017
100SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1304429-replacementdraftpsl-1485170449-364-640x480.jpg

PHOTO COURTESY: TWITTER/ PSL

The five franchises of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) on Monday met at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore to pick players in the replacement draft.

The replacement draft was held so that teams can replace players who will not be able to participate in the second edition of the event due to a ban, NOC, injury and/or availability issues.

The curious case of PSL’s profit

The players under question and their replacements

From Lahore Qalandars: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo (injured) replaced with England opener Jason Roy (available till February 20), Australia pacer Shaun Tait (injured) replaced with New South Wales off-break bowler Chris Green and New Zealand all-rounder Anton Devcich (injured) replaced with New Zealand veteran James Franklin.

Watch Ali Zafar, Misbahul Haq lock horns in this push-up challenge

From Peshawar Zalmi: England opener Alex Hales (injured) replaced with West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels and Bangladesh all-rounder Shakibal Hasan (unavailable) replaced with former Sri Lanka opener Tilakaratne Dilshan. Peshawar withheld their last pick for later.

From Quetta Gladiators: Afghanistan all-rounder Mohammad Nabi (unavailable) with South African batsman Rilee Rossouw, West Indies World T20 star Carlos Brathwaite (unavailable) with England all-rounder Moeen Ali and West Indies all-rounder Rovman Powell (unavailable) with Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera.

PHF welcomes PCB’s decision to hold PSL final in Lahore

From Islamabad United: West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell was retained by the team. He was injured during the ongoing Big Bash League.

From Karachi United: All of their players will be available. They did not want any replacements.

• They should aim for 1 home match for each team in local Pakistani City in Group stages and Final
Since all teams have local Substitute players , they could replace few international players for 1 group game

Hopefully that should encourgae the players to change their opinion etc down the line

If all team plays 1 game from group stage , it will convey to all the other international players that Pakistan is Safe for Cricket

Last edited:
Pilgrimage priority as Moeen Ali pulls out of PSL
By Sports Desk
Published: January 25, 2017
11SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1306488-MoeenAliReuterse-1485330923-257-640x480.jpg

Moeen Ali is replaced by Australia’s Brad Hodge. PHOTO: REUTERS

England all-rounder Moeen Ali has opted out of participating in the second edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) as he will instead join his family members on a pilgrimage to Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

On Monday, Moeen was named as a replacement for West Indies’ Carlos Brathwaite in the Quetta Gladiators squad.

However, the Quetta-based team was quickly informed of his change of plans, and Moeen has now been replaced by Australia’s Brad Hodge, who represented Peshawar Zalmi in the tournament’s inaugural season.

Quetta Gladiators

✔ @TeamQuetta

@MoeenAli is a top player and a great person. We respect his decision to honour his family commitment first. Good Luck Moeen. https://twitter.com/thepslt20/status/823911188962639872 …

Follow
Moeen Ali

✔@MoeenAli

@TeamQuetta @thePSLt20 Thanks guys. Inshallah in the future sometime. Would have loved to have taken part. All the best in the competition.

6:46 PM - 24 Jan 2017
The Gladiators were also happy to announce their replacement signing
View image on Twitter
C28wjG0WQAAoedh.jpg:small

Follow
Quetta Gladiators

✔@TeamQuetta

Ecstatic to sign @bradhodge007 -- 2nd in list of most runs in T20 format. Top player & his experience would add great value #ShaanePakistan

7:29 PM - 24 Jan 2017

The all-rounder has been a regular member of the England squad across all three formats in the past year.

PSL’s second season gets underway in the United Arab Emirates on February 9, with the final scheduled to take place in Lahore on March 7.

Really we need to focus on local Players , and better HD quality camera and Full Stadiums with local Audience
UAE empty stadium is just not good for cricket in my personal opinion

I would watch a good quality organized local Tournament , with ALL FIRST LEVEL Pakistani players

Then few bratty players who can't travel to Pakistan

If Kids age 5-6 Can walk to school in Pakistan daily , I am sure over paid foreign players can do just fine with a protected bus to staidum
punjab-schools-not-opening-today-1454275823-2293.jpg

Seem like kindergarten and pre highschool kids are more brave

After the first season the only thing we missed in first season was

a) HD quality camera
b) Super Slow motion camera
c) Some quality replays and production work (International quality analysis during play)
d) Of course , local crowd

Playing on variation of playing surface , available in Pakistan is better for over all player development , we just lack 1-2 Fast tracks , but otherwise , we got every thing locally

Don't need to play in UAE hate that Desert Dusty ground

Last edited:
Hello Friends i am new here how are you doing..?
I love cricket and i am now watching PSL 2017 and my favorite team ''Zalmi'' what is your's team..?

Hello Friends i am new here how are you doing..?
I love cricket and i am now watching PSL 2017 and my favorite team ''Zalmi'' what is your's team..?
How are you watching PSL 2017 it hasn't started yet, do you have time travel machine?

Last edited:
I know PSL starting february 9 i am not currently watching but i will watch PSL

I think since Pakistani National Team players are spread in all teams , each game presents a unique experience.

Last season did not had a specific team but it was chance to see alot of new faces

The battle between Captains Afridi vs Misbah I think was captivating too bad Younis Khan was not leading any team , otherwise it would have offered good chance to see just who is a better captain

Really we need to focus on local Players , and better HD quality camera and Full Stadiums with local Audience
UAE empty stadium is just not good for cricket in my personal opinion

I would watch a good quality organized local Tournament , with ALL FIRST LEVEL Pakistani players

Then few bratty players who can't travel to Pakistan

If Kids age 5-6 Can walk to school in Pakistan daily , I am sure over paid foreign players can do just fine with a protected bus to staidum
punjab-schools-not-opening-today-1454275823-2293.jpg

Seem like kindergarten and pre highschool kids are more brave

After the first season the only thing we missed in first season was

a) HD quality camera
b) Super Slow motion camera
c) Some quality replays and production work (International quality analysis during play)
d) Of course , local crowd

Playing on variation of playing surface , available in Pakistan is better for over all player development , we just lack 1-2 Fast tracks , but otherwise , we got every thing locally

Don't need to play in UAE hate that Desert Dusty ground

Did you even watch PSL last year? the camera's were HD and production quality was top notch. Sunset+VIne produced PSL during the first season and they are highly respected in the field. I don't know if they were able to broadcast in HD in Pakistan on TV due to the lack of HD channels but in Canada I streamed it at 1080p and it was great.

Well I think it has to be better , I did watched it . However I also did watched Big Bash , and the difference in camera quality clarity etc and quality is hug.

Sorry but I am used to watching EPL or La liga , in rediculous amount of resolution , so I think such items can certainly be improved a bit level or 2

I will say this

a) The presentation was excellent (The pre game / in game discussion and commentators) etc but I think there are even more sharper HD production out there.

b) Sharp jersies were great , the songs and atmosphere was great, this was really a nice factor as during the whole event , the songs really stood out

c) I did missed the event not taking place inside Pakistan, I personally am not big fan of event taking place in UAE , as certain segments of population can only come on certain days or in evenings

d) The draft could have been done better like NBA, the opening ceremony was very catchy

e) KP was wonderful with mike when he did decided to try things in the booth vs playing in field. And of course the Austrlian commentator who tried his hand with the Theme song

Since it was first season it was remarkably done

• :o: However, the PIA pilot strike just before the event also did not helped with event , I think there were more visitors due to visit the games but due to pilot / PIA strike & all flights were cancelled during that period
  • Would make sense for PIA to may be advertise some discounted tickets to UAE so folks can attend some games in alignment with tournament dates

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom