What's new

Pakistan Successfully Tested Babur 3 Cruise Missile launch from Submarine : ISPR

Nop, because the encapsulated missile itself doesn 't fire while under water. It only fires after its capsule breaches the surface. The capsule is ejected by the submarine and goes up to the surface without tapping into the power of the missile..

UGM-84.jpg

by saying "technically, yes" I, too, mean this :-)

The statements that I read and noted a bit of information, I will ink down my observations as following. (Not my field at all). First of all, by the grace of ALLAH, we have the capability of Second Strike by Babur-III.

1. If it was the first test then obviously we wouldn't risk one of our Sub because, there are always possibilities of technical glitches or error so Sub cannot be risked, therefore, in layman's terms, a replica like Sub (a platform representing Sub) with same style of launch, tube push, ejection is used and every bit of details and readings are noted for finalization etc purpose. As a platform, not an original Sub, is used then still the weapon be called as SLCM due to its purpose and method as well as real goal. By doing so, finally taking everything into account, the weapon become mature and can be launched from original/targeted Sub and be called operational as successful in final test hence induction.
  2. The weapon is being tested extensively for time to time to it's real/aimed and targeted results and once every thing is finalized/trusted after all checkups, is being tested again from original launch platform on the basis of all previous tests from replica/test platform.
  3. It is true that a new weapon will not be tested from original platform directly but has to reach to such stage after trials through test platform.
  4. As @Rashid Mahmood said, test was done almost 2 years ago, actually tells that this weapon matured through test platform during 2 years hence finally launched from original Sub hence is equal to having the capability in final stage.
  5. If we go by the term launched from underwater platform so it may be the same launching platform called as replica in this post, to finalize the launch, weapon, tube exit etc and then, as results are satisfactory, will again be tested from original Sub (Augosta 90B etc).
  6. The confusion w.r.t. launch platform will be more clear in coming days but professional and informed posters words are to be taken as credible for the moment as well by looking at accuracy of hitting the target, seems like a lot of work is already done and many readings were available from previous tests.
@Oscar @Khafee @Rashid Mahmood @The Deterrent

in the last quarter of 2016 I read and learnt about that Pakistan's Ministry of Defense Productions been suggested by the related Senate Committee of Pakistan to assign govt. organizations to develop a "naval launch system". about what, the launch system is, wasn't mentioned in the news. though, as I am surfing in the military defense & strategic issues related arena in the web, I learnt that naval launch systems extensively relates the launching systems of the missiles & such projectiles. then I assumed that Pakistan has the missile tech for second strike but in need of an indigenous and extensive tailor made launch system which would b unilaterally integrated with Pakistan's secind strike capability. and now we saw thar Pakistan Armed Forces developing this exclusively prestigious deterrence shortly as its now needed much. in such a perspective, I believe too, Pakistan's strategic military techs developing agencies has the required technologies and capabilities to develop and manufacture nuclear propulsion submarines domestically.

Youtube has been fulled with Indian "fake" news broadcast videos. It seems the reality of Babur-3 and many other secret missile development projects(!) make them worried much. To neutralize the deterrence of Pakistani Babur family missile reality over the public, They need to spread "fake" stories all around but They also know that Babur-2/3 missiles on land and naval platform is a big headache to anyone acting hostile against nuclear Pakistan. It is not important who they are. That's all about protecting the benefit of own nation... Next step should certainly be some defensive assets such as SAM and Radars.

Ignore the Indians bro.. they are just been Indians that's it .
Milgem G Corvette And Hisar-O will Inshallah be next in list for PA/PN

This vidoe contains 4 clips not 3 those so called endin exFARTS are morons, i was having some honors for them as i was considering they have better education lvl as compare to us , but they are jokers and at the same level of our water car scientist ;) listen carefully to that abdul kalam colleague, missile can only be launched through vertically not horizontally like babur 3 launched, the world will be laughing at them not on us..lol

To all the indians, Who were getting confused with the color of missile. Just look at this video of Ground launched test and see how Red and white Color Babur is Giving different shades of colors due to Camera angles and Poor quality of video recorded. I mean instead of engaging in useless discussions, you could have found this video

Another Prespective of Bad video quality and Camera Angles. Missiles definately looks like it was painted White and Black.. Its just that it is White and Red

[

Another Extremely bad video quality making missile launch look like its completely black. When you watch the clip further. You will come to know Missile was painted Orange and White... and in one instance in Video, The camera angle was making Cruise missile look like It is all Painted WHITE

@DESERT FIGHTER @The Eagle and All the others who engaged in this disccussion. Please use this video next time to shutup any lesser IQ being questioning Babur 3 launch and who doesnt have enough research skills to dig this video himself

Last edited:
I would provide you with the exact time frame, however the project is lagging behind, a lot. Delays keep popping out, but lets hope this time Pakistan goes through with it in one go (unlike Shaheen-III's multiple launch delays). This is understandable, given the complexity of the system and Pakistan's relative inexperience in this domain.

North korea is in more bad shape than us with lot less technical capability and resources . They achieved SLBM capability in like 5 year timeframe with all the shortening of Missile length with advance material while increasing the range . The recent Kim jong ill watching test standing so close to Launch site, ehich gives message to others that Leader is completely confident in the test launch success. And honestly I dont care if the BM itself was a failure, but launch sequence from inside water to outside and going upward is in itself a great achievement. Pakistan had more time at their hands. We keep hearing about MIRV since 2009-2010 and we are nowhere close in making advance Guidance package, or advance composite engine motors, advance fuel and materials to make missile more compact and short

Perhaps the north korea style work ethics has to be implemented :P

Well its not exactly like that. India has established a diverse and concrete base for ballistic missile development in form of the Agni series. True that they probably never faced serious funding issues, but its also the technological advancement rooted in the past decade that gives them the edge.

Pakistan is working with what we have at the moment, and what we know we can do with it.

Minor glitches. If a system exhibits any sort of anomaly in the critical components during pre-flight tests, the whole thing has to be called off until it is clear to go. Flight data retrieval via telemetry is absolutely essential for test flights. A systems as big and complex as that requires flawless pre-flight clearance.
I don't know about any such event regarding Shaheen-I. The first flight was conducted in 1999.

AQ Khan in one of his Op-Ed's said that His rivals planned to launch Shaheen missile at the day Ghauri was to be test fired. ( I might have mixed up the details. It was 98). In the morning of test, he got the news about disaster occuring at Shaheen Test launch where missile exploded on launch pad and killing several people on site

North korea is in more bad shape than us with lot less technical capability and resources . They achieved SLBM capability in like 5 year timeframe with all the shortening of Missile length with advance material while increasing the range . The recent Kim jong ill watching test standing so close to Launch site, ehich gives message to others that Leader is completely confident in the test launch success. And honestly I dont care if the BM itself was a failure, but launch sequence from inside water to outside and going upward is in itself a great achievement. Pakistan had more time at their hands. We keep hearing about MIRV since 2009-2010 and we are nowhere close in making advance Guidance package, or advance composite engine motors, advance fuel and materials to make missile more compact and short

Perhaps the north korea style work ethics has to be implemented :P
The first thing you need for an SLBM is a vessel with wide enough VLS. North Korea manufactures their Sinpo class submarine, with 1-2 tubes for the Pukkuksong-1 SLBM. The weapon itself is liquid-fueled and steered by lattice control surfaces. You can see how credible this whole arrangement is in terms of second-strike capability.
Sinpo_crew.jpg

SinpoSide940_tubes.jpg

The SLBM capability is not Pakistan's priority for the forseeable future. There are no programs for a SSBN/SSB or for any sort of SLBM. Pakistan will follow the Israeli model, and will base the second-strike capability on SLCMs.

AQ Khan in one of his Op-Ed's said that His rivals planned to launch Shaheen missile at the day Ghauri was to be test fired. ( I might have mixed up the details. It was 98). In the morning of test, he got the news about disaster occuring at Shaheen Test launch where missile exploded on launch pad and killing several people on site
Who in his right mind, working in an organization of this stature, would 'conspire' to conduct a weapon test (an activity requiring planning for months in advance) on the same date as that of a rival organization? This claim is absolutely rubbish, nothing of this sort happened. However, partial failures did occur in the beginning, but they were rectified.
Honestly, AQ Khan has tarnished his image further by stating such things. The kind of language he uses in his 'articles' represent his mindset.

The first thing you need for an SLBM is a vessel with wide enough VLS. North Korea manufactures their Sinpo class submarine, with 1-2 tubes for the Pukkuksong-1 SLBM. The weapon itself is liquid-fueled and steered by lattice control surfaces. You can see how credible this whole arrangement is in terms of second-strike capability.
Sinpo_crew.jpg

SinpoSide940_tubes.jpg

The SLBM capability is not Pakistan's priority for the forseeable future. There are no programs for a SSBN/SSB or for any sort of SLBM. Pakistan will follow the Israeli model, and will base the second-strike capability on SLCMs.

Who in his right mind, working in an organization of this stature, would 'conspire' to conduct a weapon test (an activity requiring planning for months in advance) on the same date as that of a rival organization? This claim is absolutely rubbish, nothing of this sort happened. However, partial failures did occur in the beginning, but they were rectified.
Honestly, AQ Khan has tarnished his image further by stating such things. The kind of language he uses in his 'articles' represent his mindset.
None of Israel's enemies have an even remotely powerful Navy (That can reach their waters).
None of Israel's enemies have Nuclear weapons
None of Israel's enemies have SLBM capabilities.

Unfortunately for Pakistan, it's main enemy has all 3 of those. So the Israeli model doesn't really work in this case.

The current SLCM setup isn't too different from its purpose on land.
The Babur SLCM is used for the precision strike of a TNW against strategic coastal enemy military assets.

Its good for that, but when it comes to the delivery of a WMD's that can hit deep into enemy territory the SLBM is what is needed.
Even the North Korean setup works for that.

Last edited:
None of Israel's enemies have an even remotely powerful Navy (That can reach their waters).
None of Israel's enemies have Nuclear weapons
None of Israel's enemies have SLBM capabilities.

Unfortunately for Pakistan, it's main enemy has all 3 of those. So the Israeli model doesn't really work in this case.

The current SLCM setup isn't too different from its purpose on land.
The Babur SLCM is used for the precision strike of a TNW against strategic coastal enemy military assets.

Its good for that, but when it comes to the delivery of a WMD's that can hit deep into enemy territory the SLBM is what is needed.
Even the North Korean setup works for that.
128664514423998759.jpeg

@Zaki @DESERT FIGHTER @The Eagle @Kaptaan @Basel @war&peace @Khafee @Rashid Mahmood @django @Zibago @Zarvan @AUz @Windjammer ... The world is Laughing at Pakistan for this Test ,and we are exposed once again .. for all those who can understand Hindi/Urdu Enjoy this peace of Comedy ... and one thing the Anchor say that i agree with , by the time this Video End , you all will be Laughing ..

F***** hillarious.

Their whole media is going apes over some random tweet by some khathri!! Have we got some response from their establishment or they are still in state of shock?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom