What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires Hatf II ballistic missile: ISPR

Shaheen-II was successfully test fired for the first time on March 9, 2004. At that time, the National Engineering and Science Commission (NESCOM) chairman Samar Mubarakmand stated that the missile was a two-stage rocket with diameter of 1.4 m, length of 17.5 m, weight of 25 tons and a range of 2,500 km.
AFAI remember, "2000km but can be improved to 2500km, even though the test was at 1800km due to terretorial water restrictions"!

Everything is debatable ... One source even reported it to be as high as 3500km ... I will give the benefit of the doubt and stick to 2000 km ... Enough for our needs ...

Everything is debatable ... One source even reported it to be as high as 3500km ... I will give the benefit of the doubt and stick to 2000 km ... Enough for our needs ...

Actually, it isn't enough for our needs. But we are probably set a limit of 2500km just as for long India had a 5500km one.

Anyway, working on these short-range missiles isn't that bad an idea since they'd see use without pulling clean India's anti-ballistic tripwire. They can only selectively shoot down warheads, and these ones would be low on priority, and be more numerous, and cost less than the ABM solution projectile employed!

DONT ever compare with brahmos.. if you enter your postal address in brahomos it will come and hit you!! anyways congrats!
God's gift to missile technology ? :rofl: ... Highly overrated just like your favorite jet ...

Please stop reproducing bogus maps. Missiles are not placed right at the border to be launched. Instead, they can't be in a war. But you can't expect the BBC or any other 'honest news' org to not let go of a scare-mongering opportunity!

If you have eyes, it says the source on the pic..
If your geography is good then, you should look at the fact that it is scaled down.
The only correction is the range. Shaheen 2 is not 2000 km but 2,500 km-4,500 km.
DO you now need google earth to prove it? Go ahead if you like.

If you have eyes, it says the source on the pic..
If your geography is good then, you should look at the fact that maybe the range is scaled down.
DO you now need google earth to prove it? Go ahead if you like.
Don't remember asking for the source. Why're you getting riled up?

Enjoy the rocket photo, and thank the French for giving us the very first rocket motor technology which is still reflected in the diameter of the Abdali.

Don't remember asking for the source. Why're you getting riled up?

Enjoy the rocket photo, and thank the French for giving us the very first rocket motor technology which is still reflected in the diameter of the Abdali.

I think the source was authentic enough for anyone ... You didn't need to call it bogus ...

TYVM , we are well past that stage now ... Once upon even the Russians set up a steel mill here So ?

Look at the edge of Pakistan and the possible range of where the missile can reach...
Shaheen missile range image by abidi2009 on Photobucket
That's just what it says, Pakistan-Israel distance. From the westernmost point of Pakistan to the easternmost of Israel. Pakistanis don't go to that westernmost point, not normally even the military, it's a desert raised among mountains. The 12x12s may be cross-country but it can't traverse that. The base is at Khuzdar. And it is definitely eastward-looking!

Why would you even bring Israel into this? Why not Saudi or Iran instead?

Congrass but i think for main reason testing this missile is high accuracy they are improving those tech in every manner

and second thing i didn't get the point why there is no project of any other missiles hataf 2 ,7 ,8 is tested twice or more but where is new models?

Back
Top Bottom