What's new

Pakistan should withdraw safe havens given to terrorists, says Sushma Swaraj; US backs India

LOGICAL BOSSS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Published August 31, 2016
SOURCE: ZEE MEDIA

524176-kerry700.jpg

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said on Tuesday that she had apprised US Secretary of State John Kerry of cross-border terrorism by Pakistan, adding that there could not be double standards in combating terror.

“Secretary Kerry and I agreed that Pakistan needs to take fast track actions to catch perpetrators of 2008 Mumbai attack and 2016 Pathankot attack,” she said addressing the press in the national capital as part of Indo-US joint statement.

“I apprised Secretary Kerry of cross-border terrorism by Pakistan. There can’t be double standards in combating terror. Pakistan should withdraw safe havens provided to LeT, JeM and D-Company. There cannot be good terrorists or bad terrorists. There was meeting of minds between the two sides on the issue of terrorism,” she added.

“I thanked Secretary Kerry for USA’s constant support for India’s membership in NSG. This interaction has strengthened the US-India relationship. I hope it contributes to the world at large,” Swaraj further said.

“When two democracies, as large and diverse as India and US come together, it does not just help our citizens, but also humanity. Wide-ranging talks reaffirmed that when two such democracies get together we can’t only make a change for our citizens but for world,” Kerry added.

Kerry further said that he agreed with India for joint cyber security framework.

“Bottom line is that India and US are more deeply engaged on more important issues than at any time in history of our relationship,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom