What's new

Pakistan seeks German Military Equipment.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan seeks German defence equipment
From the Newspaper
(26 minutes ago) Today

HK416N.png

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan asked Germany on Saturday to allow export of defence equipment so that it could fight terrorists in a better way.

“Pakistan urges Germany to liberalise its export control policy towards it so that we could get export licences for defence equipment … to enhance our capacity to counter terrorism,” Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said at a joint press conference with his German counterpart Guido Westerwelle after their bilateral talks.

The talks focused on a Pakistani proposal for initiating strategic dialogue, enhancing investment, strengthening economic ties and boosting defence cooperation.

Pakistan has been uneasy over European countries’ reluctance to meet its defence and security needs while asking it to intensify its counter-terrorism efforts.

According to sources, the German foreign minister informed Mr Qureshi that European Union’s restrictions on arms export were stopping his country from considering Pakistan’s request for defence equipment.

At the news conference, however, Mr Westerwelle reiterated Berlin’s desire to extend full support to Pakistan in its fight against terrorism. He also spoke about the need for cooperation between Pakistan and Germany for fighting terrorism.

“Our common engagement is necessary to fight against every terrorist attack. And we very much appreciate the efforts Pakistan is making in the fight against terrorism. We encourage Pakistan and Afghanistan to cooperate closely in the interest of security and stability. And in Germany you have friends who will support in this way.”

The two sides also discussed the situation in Afghanistan.

Mr Westerwelle, who is on a two-day visit to Pakistan, arrived in Islamabad by road after his plane had to be diverted to Lahore because of fog and poor visibility in the capital.

Pakistan seeks German defence equipment | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Pakistan should enhance its defence relations with Germany. We have a strong ecominc relation with German companies and we need to take our realtionship to the next level with the addition of defence relationship.

Siemens, BASF, Volkwagen, SAP, BMW, Audi etc.. sell their products in Pakistan and German engineering is great.

In every way, a good move.
The faster the pakistan moves away from one party reliance, better it is.

@Blackblood

is there any list of equipments we asked for or is it a general request?

I couldn’t understand EU psychology that on one side NATO forces demand action from Pakistan side against militants and in other hand they are putting sanctions over military export to Pakistan! Are the abnormal? :undecided:

US don’t want to give military aid & new equipments & continuously repeating “DO MORE” “DO MORE” “DO MORE”? :hitwall:

Pakistan also has to say “GIVE MORE THEN WE WILL DO MORE”:cheesy:

Simply at this moment Pakistan has to give advanced weapon shopping list to both US & EU to provide if they want to win this war otherwise same as against USSR, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?:azn:

I couldn’t understand EU psychology that on one side NATO forces demand action from Pakistan side against militants and in other hand they are putting sanctions over military export to Pakistan! Are the abnormal? :undecided:

US don’t want to give military aid & new equipments & continuously repeating “DO MORE” “DO MORE” “DO MORE”? :hitwall:

the problem is India...
on every defence sale from the west ... India stages a state mourning.. the other reason is that the West only sees Pakistan as a temporary ally so they dont want to share their good hardware. since their do more pressure is working with the post dated junk so they dont want to change the strategy

Not a good way to go about it I hope..we are already doing beyond our healthy capacity to do.. by promising them of doing more.. what possibly can we do? Bring Submarines to fight terrorists? I hope not!

contaminative effect of various anti Pakistan forces.
mainly image issue created by media.
secondly, new immigrants from India are bad mouthing Pakistan and Islam every moment they breath in EU.

100% agree with you.. these sore loosers will drag in name of Pakistan in every bad news.. sometimes making a complete jackass of themselves when the topic is completely irrelevent and the story has nothing to do with Pakistan..

I will give you an example here.. the topic on the BBC news channel was about "higher than Europe" teen pregnancy issue in UK.. and they had an "expert" on the video phone whose name was Doctor Gupta, the moment news caster said that she is going to speak to Doctor Gupta about this trend, I held my breath and said there we go.. lets see what our good neighbour has to say.. and behold...
he brought in the use of drugs as a reason for teen pregnancy in UK which was being smuggled from Pakistan..
:rofl:

the funny part was that there was a social worker in the program who corrected him by saying not all teenage mothers were drug adicts.. alcohol did play a role but that was not the main reason it was the lack of use of contraceptives..
the "doctor" was snubbed in rest of the news item and his face was a treat to watch.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom