What's new

Pakistan Replaces India, Sri Lanka Military Training Expands

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan Replaces India, Sri Lanka Military Training Expands

The two Sri Lankan military officers, Wing Commander Shantha Dassanayake & Major Channa Harischandra, who returned to Sri Lanka after the Indian government decided to repatriate them succumbing to pressure from Tamil Nadu parties who were protesting against Sri Lankan military personnel being given training in Tamil Nadu, are expected to be provided training in Pakistan instead.

Sri Lanka is currently in the process of seeking other alternatives, Pakistan is willing to offer these two officers placement there. When inquired from the military spokesman Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasuriya, regarding this new development, he did not rule out the possibility of these two officers being offered the opportunity to attend the Command and Staff College, in Quetta Pakistan.

The Command and Staff College, Quetta, is the oldest and the most prestigious institution of the Pakistan Army.

Lankan Officers To Get Training In Quetta | The Sunday Leader

Pakistan pledges enhanced training for Sri Lanka Military

Pakistan on Friday assured Sri Lanka with continued and enhanced training for its military personnel.

This was conveyed to Sri Lankan Army Commander Gen Jagath Jayasuriya by visiting Pakistani Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

"The meeting also explored avenues of receiving more and more training opportunities for Sri Lankan officers in Pakistan, in addition to ongoing training programmes," the Ministry of Defence said in a statement here.

Pakistan pledges enhanced training for Lankan military

Pakistan_Army_Chief_meets_Secretary_Defence_20130628_05p2.jpg

Pakistan_Army_Chief_meets_Secretary_Defence_20130628_05p4.jpg

Pakistan_Army_Chief_meets_Secretary_Defence_20130628_05p3.jpg

Pakistan_Army_Chief_meets_Secretary_Defence_20130628_05p6.jpg

shame on our politicians....always playing their dirty games and hence losing some good partners....and nice to see pakistani n lankan relationship becoming stronger :cheers:

shame on our politicians....always playing their dirty games and hence losing some good partners....and nice to see pakistani n lankan relationship becoming stronger :cheers:

Sorry but it is natural to happen. Why should they have one country to depend upon. We are doing similar things on our side. There is no harm for India. Yes our foreign policy was not great. Our politicians and bureaucrats behave like boss with smaller countries. We should change the attitude, of you want them to be with you.Give them reason.

Good for Sri Lanka, all the best since this is the best alternative.

I am surprised (pleasantly) why GoI did not make a big scene about it. That's the way to go Sri Lanka, after LTTE terrorism completely finished you should definitely make new allies/friends, after all the sea is vast with opportunities. Like I said in my earlier thread that Sri Lanka is the true winner of this deal.

I am surprised (pleasantly) why GoI did not make a big scene about it. That's the way to go Sri Lanka, after LTTE terrorism completely finished you should definitely make new allies/friends, after all the sea is vast with opportunities. Like I said in my earlier thread that Sri Lanka is the true winner of this deal.

New? If by that you mean the ally which sent its aircraft and airmen to bomb the LTTE during the conflict, provided tanks, other munitions, etc. worth millions and had high ranked military strategists and advisers stationed in Colombo to aid Sri Lanka's cause. In short, an ally who, according to many, provided the detrimental support to the Sri Lankans to crush the LTTE, right?

I bet you meant more 'reliable' friends.

I meant outside world. there is no doubt that Pakistan is good friends of Sri Lanka for donkey years.

I won't go as far as detrimental support... but was good enough.

New? If by that you mean the ally which sent its aircraft and airmen to bomb the LTTE during the conflict, provided tanks, other munitions, etc. worth millions and had high ranked military strategists and advisers stationed in Colombo to aid Sri Lanka's cause. In short, an ally who, according to many, provided the detrimental support to the Sri Lankans to crush the LTTE, right?

I bet you meant more 'reliable' friends.

Back
Top Bottom