What's new

Pakistan Railways, Indian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
food is stale,
IRCTC provides excellent quality food. Have a look....

BREAKFAST
8e2050c7aef683bfc59481f17f723eb9.jpg

http://www.beginningwithi.com/images/india/2008/IMG_3296.jpg

LUNCH & DINNER

f7fa6bb5c99ea95e86729b53408d9f93.jpg

ec1d2ace620b57832f941c749cf4af0e.jpg

b21ba4e206bc1c03aabce739dd9dec14.jpg

corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buyign tickets.
I advice you to travel at least once without ticket in a medium or long distance train and you will come to know truth yourself. Either you will pay huge fine or landup behind bars.

just go overseas once, and you will find out how riduclous indian railways is.

With due respect sir please don't brag about overseas. Most of the members have been overseas. Ofcouses they have better trains but Indian Railways is well respected there also and thats why a Railways Minster was asked to deliver lecture on the management of Indian Railways at top management schools in the world.
Take an examle....
Delhi Chennai is around 2184km and if travel by second class non AC you just have to pay Rs.500 and for AC2tire only Rs.1960.But still railways manages to fetch a record profit of Rs.25000crore.

i grew up in aus, and seen even the small town shyt arse train about 20 yr earlier which were way better than the current indian trains.
Exactly India is not Australia.The main objective of Indian railways is a transport system for a beggar to millionaire. You find all the classes in Indian Railways and Indian railways don't think about the elite class like you.

-accept the problem and try to rectify it------ :cheers
Accepted the problem. The problem is you never travelled by train yet you think expert of the field. To rectify this problem please travel by train at least once.:enjoy:

The Lifeline Express or Jeevan Rekha Express is a mobile hospital train run by the Impact India Foundation. It was developed in collaboration with the Indian Railways and Health Ministry and has been funded by Impact UK, international charitable sources, Indian corporate houses and individuals. It started on 16 July 1991; so far the service has benefitted 400,000 Indians in the remotest rural parts of the country over the course of approximately ninety-three projects.

Currently in its sixteenth year, the Lifeline express now operates two trains. Similar projects have also been started, notably the Jibon Tori project in Bangladesh. Other countries, such as China and Zimbabwe, have come forward to start their Lifeline Express on which major surgeries have been performed to restore movement, hearing, sight and correction of clefts.

b8fa30820692b16450991bf0455f84c2.jpg

b00jf4jq_512_288.jpg

74d96137b7e72610b3be3f07dd865635.jpg

The Fairy Queen, built in 1855, is the world's oldest steam locomotive in regular operation today, plying between New Delhi to Alwar in India. The locomotive was certified by the Guinness Book of Records to be the oldest operational locomotive after the Rajasthan government invoked it in 2004 to lug a deluxe train in order to boost tourism in the area. The Fairy Queen is run on the lines of the Palace on Wheels, the internationally renowned luxury train.

The Fairy Queen was constructed in Leeds, England in 1855, and reached Calcutta in the same year where it was christened as the Fairy Queen. The locomotive was given its serial number 22, by its then owner, The East Indian Railway. It began to haul light mail trains between Howrah and Ranigunj, but was soon consigned to line construction duty in the state of Bihar, where it served until 1909. The locomotive spent the next thirty-four years on a pedestal outside the Howrah Railway Station near Calcutta. In 1943, the locomotive was shifted to the Railway Zonal Training School at Chandausi, where it served as a curiosity object for many of the students based there. In 1972, the Indian government bequeathed heritage status to the engine, rendering it a national treasure. The locomotive was spruced up and given a special spot in the newly built National Rail Museum, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.

In 1997, after the runaway success of the Palace on Wheels, the locomotive was restored to full working order in preparation for its first mainline journey in 88 years and its return to commercial service on July 18 that year. The two-day excursion sees the train plying from New Delhi to Alwar to the Sariska Tiger Reserve. The train pulled by this locomotive can accommodate thirty-eight passengers and the ticket is priced at Rs. 7,500 for adults and Rs. 3,750 for children.

1d2e817d92e3da37c43cde4ded06cbee.jpg

FQ4.jpg

f7faa26ca7bd468824a8f8e60161cc1b.jpg

763578e354a3c91d5c74516f3fc7cabe.jpg

indians should have let the bugger stay in his job to wash away some , if not all, of his sins.

Lalu plans bullet trains in India

Fresh from a ride on Japan's [ Images ] famed bullet train, Railway Minister Lalu Prasad on Monday said his ministry was in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing the high-speed trains on certain routes.
"The day is not far off when the bullet train will run in the country," Prasad said. "We are in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing bullet train on certain routes," he said.

About the possible routes for running such trains, he said "we are examining the possibilities of running it on some routes including Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Patna".

During his visit to Japan last week, Prasad had got a first hand experience of the fast trains travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto at a speed of about 300 km per hour.

Asked about his bullet train experience, he said "It was very good. The bullet trains are well managed in Japan."

Meanwhile, the Railways have invited global tenders for conducting pre-feasibility study of high-speed train corridor on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Amritsar route.

The study will focus on technicalities, financial and operational viability of the project, said a senior Railway Ministry official.

Besides the Delhi-Amritsar route, the Railways have decided to conduct pre-feasibility studies for four more high-speed passenger routes.

The routes are Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Hyderabad- Dornakal-Vijaywada-Chennai, Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore- Ernakulam and Howrah-Haldia.

e68ce99768aa67f1693e4cadfdda6b47.jpg

hahahahaha idiots !!!!!! go and eat your feet first......

now go and read the news paper of today. how many people dead and how many injured . and realize how screwed up and unsafe indian railways is.

I will still retain my point of view , indian railways is scary for its accident , unhygienic food is stale , toilets dont work never on time etc ........

list is long but - then again why would i need to prove it , to jingoistic people blindfolded.

happy journey !!!! in your rail ..

we the indian youth have to realize : wake up or die !!!!! choice is simple .

now go and read the news paper of today. how many people dead and how many injured . and realize how screwed up and unsafe indian railways is.

I will still retain my point of view , indian railways is scary for its accident , unhygienic food is stale , toilets dont work never on time etc ........

list is long but - then again why would i need to prove it , to jingoistic people blindfolded.

This has been the first mishap since 2006. And these things are known as accidents. Let me remind you of the esteemed Austrailian Railway:(Just from NSW and Victoria and Since 2000))

June 5, 2007: A semi-trailer truck collided at a level crossing southbound V/Line passenger train north of the town of Kerang, killing 11 onboard the train.[1] (2007_Kerang_train_crash)

November 16, 2003: More than 60 people were injured when a Ballarat-bound train was derailed after colliding with a car that had been deliberately left on the track.[2]

November 12, 2003: A stationary Bendigo-bound V/Line "Sprinter" train is hit by another V/Line train at Spencer Street.

March 16, 2003: Sydney to Melbourne standard gauge freight train derails at Chiltern, fouling the adjacent broad gauge line. Due to poor communication between train control centres, a V/Line service was not warned in enough time and struck the wreckage, with no serious injuries.[3]

February 3, 2003: A runaway M>Train operated Comeng suburban train travels the length of the Broadmeadows line before smashing into a stationary V/Line train at Spencer Street Station.[4]

October 2002: a B-Double semi trailer collided with a heritage steam train at Benalla. Three people were killed and a fourth received severe burns when the locomotive rolled onto its side.[5] [6] [7] The driver of the truck was charged but later acquitted of culpable driving.

June 18, 2002: Two Connex suburban trains crash head-on at Epping railway station, Melbourne when a driver, incapacitated by a migraine, goes through a stop signal.[8]

June 5, 2001: Two suburban trains collide at Footscray Station.[9]
July 26, 2000: An empty city-bound suburban train crashes into a stationary train at Homesglen Station.

March 31, 2000: Derailment of a Hitachi train at Richmond station.

Cowan train disaster,
Main article: Cowan rail disaster

On the 6th May , an electric interurban train travelling south between Newcastle and Sydney collided into the back of a chartered heritage tourist train, killing six and injuring 99 people. The heritage train (led by steam locomotive 3801) had stalled on the Cowan bank, and dumped sand onto the track to increase traction resulting in a wrong side signal failure. Four fatalities resulted when the rear carriage of the heritage train was crushed by the impact from the electric interurban train. The driver and his cab companion in the electric train were also killed. An interim ban was placed on heritage train operation in New South Wales following this disaster.[10]
[edit]
Glenbrook train disaster,
Main article: Glenbrook train disaster

On 3 December an interurban passenger train collided with the rear of the Indian Pacific long distance passenger train waiting at a failed signal resulting in seven fatalities.
[edit]
Waterfall train disaster, 2003
Main article: Waterfall train disaster

On 31st of January 2003, a driver of a southbound interurban electric passenger train travelling from Sydney to Wollongong suffered a heart attack, causing the train to derail at high speed south of Waterfall station, resulting in seven fatalities and multiple injuries.

Compare the number of Incidents and no. of trains run / Commuters
traveling before opening your big mouth.

Now eat your words and shut the fcuk up you Monster - Stop laughing at untimely death of innocents.

replace the indian with pakistani and u get the same here !!!

Bro I disagree with you it is doing an excellent job with respect to the amount of people it carries.I want Sreedaran as the railway minister

I want Sreedaran as the railway minister

yeh mate !!! that will do railways some favour, but then again its too much politics , you know how every railway minster is too busy keeping their own region in lime light.

but still this guy is good and i bet not just me but most people will respect him and want him to be incharge. ( btw there must millions of sreedaran in india - but the process to get in the top position make them corrupt ) :cheers:

------x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

and no mate, i dont agree - that indian railway is good, its horrible right now, they must look to upgrade it .. too many goons, not on time , food is bad, toilets horrible , people without tix travelling.

btw new thing i heard today was - most of the milkman come from train - via UP , and they stop the train anyplace they want just pull the chain. and they dont travel with tickets. :cheers:

--x-x-x-x-x-x------------------

Now eat your words and shut the fcuk up you Monster - Stop laughing at untimely death of innocents.

idiot i was not laughing at those who died but i was laughing at those who want to die, and must die for supporting the bad condition with their jingoism.

and people will die more n more. untill they make Indian railway commutable.

yeh mate !!! that will do railways some favour, but then again its too much politics , you know how every railway minster is too busy keeping their own region in lime light.

but still this guy is good and i bet not just me but most people will respect him and want him to be incharge. ( btw there must millions of sreedaran in india - but the process to get in the top position make them corrupt ) :cheers:

------x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

and no mate, i dont agree - that indian railway is good, its horrible right now, they must look to upgrade it .. too many goons, not on time , food is bad, toilets horrible , people without tix travelling.

btw new thing i heard today was - most of the milkman come from train - via UP , and they stop the train anyplace they want just pull the chain. and they dont travel with tickets. :cheers:

--x-x-x-x-x-x------------------

idiot i was not laughing at those who died but i was laughing at those who want to die, and must die for supporting the bad condition with their jingoism.

I was under the same impression when I travelled in north.But the Southern railway divisions are a class part.Peoples attitude also counts brother.

Jackass (Since you seem too fond of name calling, I'll oblige), All I wanted to tell you that accidents happen everywhere. The examples of some of them were quoted along with it, which you easily ignored.

It is not in our culture to laugh at untimely death of even our enemies leave alone death of fellow innocent and poor countrymen (yes it was the unreserved coach which was worst hit).

I was under the same impression when I travelled in north.But the Southern railway divisions are a class part.Peoples attitude also counts brother.

It is not only about the attitude but also financial conditon and education. South Indians are overall better educated and financially better off than north (UP, Bihar). This reflects in the condition and means of travel.

Guys stop bashing IR.

It is one of those few gov organisations running under profits and giving free travel to the poor who can afford traveling from point A to B.

It is one of those mighty gov organisations with over 1.5 million employees and with revenues of over $25 billion.

Every railways has their own sort of failures.Hence IR is no exception.But considering the size,one has to be liberal here in commenting IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiz1236 View Post
Mr Aussie...what have u done for ur country ???

Shiiitting in the shittt hole.
Just ignore this guy folks.

ohhh I though that hole is your ***** face....
1st read the whole thread then say ur shits...

btw DIDNT U NOTICED SO MANY THANKS AROUND THAT POST...here is another shhitt in hole..i mean ur face...
Ur dad Skeptic also thanked me...another **** isnt it ??

Next time mind the language bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom