What's new

Pakistan Railways, Indian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
skeptic - lets not glorify the failures .
indian railways sux , i seen it all , the station which stink like dog **** , new cannaugh place. i seen the condtion fo trains . i read new paper i guess even a few days back there was an accident.

food is stale, homeless live there , goons are found there . corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buyign tickets.

oh and dont tell me about - palace on wheel or those toy trains - they are well dressed object for foriegner's pleasure.

just go overseas once, and you will find out how riduclous indian railways is.

i grew up in aus, and seen even the small town shyt arse train about 20 yr earlier which were way better than the current indian trains.

-accept the problem and try to rectify it------ :cheers:

indian railways sux , i seen it all , the station which stink like dog **** , new cannaugh place. i seen the condtion fo trains . i read new paper i guess even a few days back there was an accident.

food is stale, homeless live there , goons are found there . corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buyign tickets.

oh and dont tell me about - palace on wheel or those toy trains - they are well dressed object for foriegner's pleasure.

i grew up in aus, and seen even the small town shyt arse train about 20 yr earlier which were way better than the current indian trains.

With all due respect, you are not the only one to have stayed / been to abroad.

Why do we always have to consider a US, Canada or any first world countries for comparison. India is a developing country and is it fair to compare with Australia. We have a population of a billion and hundreds of millions struggling to meet their daily bread and butter. Compare the volume of traffic handled by Indian Railway and the fare it charges and then compare with Australia and Eurail. Obviously Eurail is better but also look at what it charges. If you are willing to pay that much you will get similar services in "Toy Trains" like Palace on Wheels.

Conditions on Platform I never emphasized and they have to be improved, but for that to happen - Fares would need to be increased. Do you know while facing steep inflation for last 3 years fares have not been increased.

Blindly comparing to western standards is unfair to a certain extent.

dude you just cant get it can you ???? watching from the jingoism prism.

things are not so bright- i dont wanna go throgu hand show the poor condition of indian railway .

but just go out and ask any second person on the street about the condtion of indian railway.

and btw - those empty first class cabin , they dont count not mnay people travel by them. i am talkign of normal class. third class section. where the real poor indian travel.

just look at the local train in bombay ...... it will shatter few of your false hopes.

and why should we not compare ???? to world standard, world railways are not at all as sucessful as indian railways.

the system is screwed up. you just go n check the kitchen try their food in the train that they serve.

is it too much to ask for :

A CLEAN TOILET

SAFE RIDE

HYGINIC FOOD

COMFORTABLE SEATS

ON TIME delivery.

oh leave it - i am no preacher here , but these fake propaganda created by many that we are in good conditon is just a hot air balloon,

- btw , i was not comparing to europe or united states i was comparing to 20 yr ol trai nsystem in aus where people hardly use train.

and one must comapre

now.....
dont tell me indian train are safe ,
dont tell me they are o ntime
dont tell me about food
dont tell me about cleanliness on train
dont tell me about condtion of platform
dont tell me about the goons in trains
dont tell me of mafia in bihar and mp areas who come to charge you in train

i know the truth - the condition is horrible , and the reson is not just the politcial body , officlas but the traveller themselve .

infect commuter are bigger - problem than anybody else!!!!

I agree with Skeptic...
On euro rail about 1000km of route is costing about 100 euro ..means about $150...While the Indo-Pak rails provides for ssoooooo much cheap....
For example the cheapest plan for Lahore to Karachi which is more than 1200km is just for about $10...so yeah look at this difference too Mr.Ausi...
As I lived in Canada...in $10 u cant even get to Niagara Falls from Toronto on rail which is just about 100km....they charge about $25 for that..

dude you just cant get it can you ???? watching from the jingoism prism.
It is not about jingoism, Simply about realism.

things are not so bright- i dont wanna go throgu hand show the poor condition of indian railway .
Doing exactly the same...
but just go out and ask any second person on the street about the condtion of indian railway.

and btw - those empty first class cabin , they dont count not mnay people travel by them. i am talkign of normal class. third class section. where the real poor indian travel.
Exactly my point. Is there any point in having a World class 3rd Class compartment if it does not serve the basic purpose of being cheap enough / affordable for the poor guy on street.

just look at the local train in bombay ...... it will shatter few of your false hopes.

and why should we not compare ???? to world standard, world railways are not at all as sucessful as indian railways.
I have Lived in Mumbai and I know the problem. I have also Live in Delhi and I know the Metro. I know the improvement and I need not compare with MRT in S'pore to know that things are changing for better. You are from the same bunch of NRIs who expect an overnight makeover. Mumbai has introduced newer Trains in Local but can you even imagine the volume of traffic it handles?? and what is the fare??

How many Daily Commuters do you think will be able to afford a daily fare of 100 bucks each way (Regular fare in S'pore is 3$) when 90% of the public earns about Rs. 300 for their days work??

the system is screwed up. you just go n check the kitchen try their food in the train that they serve.

is it too much to ask for :

A CLEAN TOILET

SAFE RIDE

HYGINIC FOOD

COMFORTABLE SEATS

ON TIME delivery.
Give that food to the Poor Person your heart cries for and ask his opinion then.

oh leave it - i am no preacher here , but these fake propaganda created by many that we are in good conditon is just a hot air balloon,

- btw , i was not comparing to europe or united states i was comparing to 20 yr ol trai nsystem in aus where people hardly use train.
That is the key. You are comparaing to a system where people hardly use train to a system where number of daily commuters is higher than total population of Australia.

and one must comapre

now.....
dont tell me indian train are safe , [
dont tell me they are o ntime.
dont tell me about food
dont tell me about cleanliness on train Travel
dont tell me about condtion of platform
dont tell me about the goons in trains
dont tell me of mafia in bihar and mp areas who come to charge you in train
I wont.
i know the truth - the condition is horrible , and the reson is not just the politcial body , officlas but the traveller themselve .

infect commuter are bigger - problem than anybody else!!!!
The problem is Simple - Money and a vast poor population.

Politicians & managements are the problems....since they corrupt all the profits so no money left for developement

On euro rail about 1000km of route is costing about 100 euro ..means about $150...While the Indo-Pak rails provides for ssoooooo much cheap....
For example the cheapest plan for Lahore to Karachi which is more than 1200km is just for about $10...so yeah look at this difference too Mr.Ausi...
As I lived in Canada...in $10 u cant even get to Niagara Falls from Toronto on rail which is just about 100km....they charge about $25 for that..
????????????????????????

For both India and Pakistan the priority is to build up an efficient syatem that transports people long distances at relatively low cost and most importantly safely.

If you consider the number of trains that IR runs, the millions of passengers it ferries daily then as a percentage travel by IR is more safe than by Raod or even by Air.

Here is my experience with Pakistan railways.

1. Railway stations are mostly in **** condition. Karachi Cantt looks like a station for a city of 100,000. Lahore station was in fact a decent station, but still could be better.

2. The trains run very slow. A Karachi-Lahore journey shouldn't take 24 hours. The tracks are not new, yes, and they should replace them.

3. The trains themselves are VERY clean. This I experienced while riding Karachi-Lahore and back, Karachi-Hyderabad and back, and one way Quetta-Karachi. The bathrooms are very clean as well. They are not even close to overcrowded, and there's enough room to sit for everyone.

My Karachi-Lahore and back to Karachi on Karachi express was an amazing experience. The whole train was airconditioned and it was a sight seeing the deserts of Sindh and the farms and some factories in Punjab.

4. The trains tend to be on time, or late only by a short amount of time. The longest a train had been late for with me was 2 hours when I was going to Lahore. Some of my indian friends tell me trains are as late as 1 day in india at times.

Now of course this is my limited experience. People may have had worse experience obviously, but I was mostly satisfied with PR.

Here is my experience with Pakistan railways.

4. The trains tend to be on time, or late only by a short amount of time. The longest a train had been late for with me was 2 hours when I was going to Lahore. Some of my indian friends tell me trains are as late as 1 day in india at times.

Now of course this is my limited experience. People may have had worse experience obviously, but I was mostly satisfied with PR.

One day ???:cheesy: I have even seen trains running late 40-48 hours .
Having late by 1 hrour is considered at right time in India

I agree with the line of thinking expressed by Skeptic and Ramiz. But I must add, travelling in the Tube in London was one of my best experience in inter-city travels. For about 5-6 pounds, one could travel anywhere in London. Add to that, the trains/stations were clean, frequency was great.

But having said all that, what India and Pakistan would really need is effecient mega carriers rather than super-fast or luxurious ones. And India has some way to go....

though not among the best,when compared to others the kolkata metro stations:except t he spanking new delhi metro:are very clean,trains are tidy too.....they are very frequent........and believe it or not_the longest route costs a mere rs 10-12!.......with no hawkers in the platform or train:the journey is quite and comfortable....and with automatic doors and escalators in every stn/they were huge when started 2 decades back.........but ITS HIGH TIME FOR A UPGRADATION

One day ???:cheesy: I have even seen trains running late 40-48 hours .
Having late by 1 hrour is considered at right time in India

same here buddy.... I have traveled on trains getting 24 hours late(at most)

I agree with you on the accident part...but we've had an overhauling done of all the engines in operation...the rail gauges have been upgraded...and touch wood we haven't had many this year.
food is stale, homeless live there , goons are found there . corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buying tickets.

food is not stale at all!
where did you get that?The Indian railways provides very good food actually...though I prefer not ordering non-veg.but the veg food is very palatable and hygienic...you might have had something from the hawkers or sweet-meat vendors that hop in at every station...well their entry has been banned throughout.
I haven't heard of that amount for free travel...as far as corruption is concerned why only railways it is endemic to this part of the world...not so much in the railways..I mean you can get your bogey/seat shifted for humanitarian reasons...but that's it.
if you are ready to pay the bill there is no one stopping you from choosing to commute by the palace on wheels...but many can't afford so they choose to go by the normal trains...
most people have been to overseas once duhast...it's not just you.
the Indian Railways support more than a million people every day...can anywhere in the world is that replicated?
believe it or not..these people actually look upto the Indian railways as an example in running trains efficiently in spite of being over-loaded, under-financed...
by thinking 1000 times before setting foot into them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom