What's new

Pakistan Navy will get 4 more F-22Ps

man this will indeed boost our naval defence with this we should get submarines too so that will our defence will become multiple times stronger

i think it is a replacement of Tariq class, Pakistan should go for type 054 .

Can you tell me how capable are these Tariq class frigates acquired from the British ?

old work horse is still capable enough to serve till 015 , the latest one was commissioned in 1975 so no comparison with modern ships even with modest capabilities. PN designated few 3800 Tonnage ships as destroyers .

the news is only in jhang no other news source has come out, which means the story good be unreliable

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii defenccccccceeeeeee Destroyer thats what we need !

old work horse is still capable enough to serve till 015 , the latest one was commissioned in 1975 so no comparison with modern ships even with modest capabilities. PN designated few 3800 Tonnage ships as destroyers .

I agree with you 100% that the PN should have done much better by doing a JV with French, British or Germans on Frigates, Corvettes and Missile boats in 1980 when we were in good condition along with the building of the 3rd Shipyard at Karachi. And going for :
11 Frigates
7 Corvettes
16+ Missile Boats
with different Blocks.

we are being defaulted on elecctricity bills for IPPs and you want a navy that would rank top 5 ..if thats the force you want..!
i think 8-10 frigates will be more than enough along with 6-8 subs ..

we should focus more on Subs and FAC

You are absolutetly wrong!!!
PN has and open requirement of about 16+ to 21 SSKs with AIPs.

forget it PN is not getting any subs till the end of 2020. hell we haven't even signed a MoU for such a deal. subs are a history. let's just hope for some frigates currently.

at best PN will get 4-6 frigates in next 10 years if we are lucky 6 chinese subs

yes but that was meant for type 54.
but now they're going for these, reason is given in the article. "Its relatively cheap".

Check my post number 38 where former CNS clearly said that PN is looking to buy more F22p's but these F22p's would be upgraded one and would be different from the present F220p frigates. It would be something close to type054a. So that's why I believe that these F22p's would be different from previous F22p and also might have greater displacement than the previous ones.

ALERT

Pak-China friendship: Pakistan to get four more F-22p Frigates

By Abdullah Zafar - May 8th, 2012 (1 Comment)

Karachi: Pakistan is going to obtain four F-22P Frigates to be built in Pakistan in collaboration with China as part of country’s efforts to strengthen its navy.

Recently Pakistan was has got three frigate from China while fourth is being built. Previously, China also handed over four frigates to Pakistan.

According to a report, published in Daily Jang, the leading Urdu daily of the country, Pakistan was happy over getting the fighters at low price and got booked orders for four new ships.

The report said that the Chinese frigate costs 200 million dollar while the US LCS ship having similar qualities and technologies costs 600 million dollars.

According to the report, the F-22P Frigate is laced with modern missile technology. The first ship, PNS Zulfiquar, was handed over to the PN on 30 July 2009 and the second, PNS Shamsheer, on January 23, 2010. The third is undergoing sea trials, The Fourth and Last Frigate of F-22P series for the PN was launched on 17 June 2011.

Pak-China friendship: Pakistan to get four more F-22p Frigates | The News Tribe
why we are not getting great type-054a

Kuala Lumpur, KLS: Pakistan’s Navy is looking at expanding its F22P frigate fleet, either construct the exactly same F22P or improved variant of F22P.

Chief of Naval Staff of Pakistan, Admiral Noman Bashir told KLS that because of geographical factor, Pakistan needs more ships to cover the vast area.

“We need to expand F22P, whether we do exactly the same as F22P or we make some upgrade, make it even better. Because of the technology is changing every year, in order to keep it up to date, you have to keep upgrading what you have.”

Pakistan ordered four F22P frigates from China in 2005, the first three ships will be built in China while the last in Pakistan. The first F22P was delivered to Pakistan in mid 2009.

Apart from that, there are reports saying that procuring Chinese Type 054A Frigate is part of Pakistan Navy’s expansion program. Type 054A is a 4000+ ton missile frigate, installed with vertical launch missile launchers and advanced radar and fire control systems.

F22P frigate is an improved version of Chinese Type 053H3 frigate, its full load displacement is 3000+ton but without any vertical launch system.

“Type 054A is a bigger ship than F22P, but we may not acquire 054, but we need to upgrade F22P, to become closer to 054,” Admiral Noman Bashir said.
He commented that Type 054A is a very successful ship for PLA Navy.

He said F22P can be modified to become closer to Type 054A, but not exactly like that. Pakistan Navy is discussing with Chinese counterparts about its future frigate upgrading program.

He added for the time being, Pakistan Navy is engaging with F22P program, only once they have finished it then goes to second.

“The fourth F22P will take about a year for construction, then we will talk about that.”

He not ruled out the possibility of naming the next generation frigate as F23P
20100531_02.jpg

Type 054A XuZhou is installed with 32 cells vertical launcher system.
Pakistan needs more F-22Ps, not Type 054A

its still unclear where they will built these ships.
Imran,

It is quite clear. The growing demands and growing possibility of outbreak of war. (Now please don't ask me to back it.)
A good news, cheaper to produce than to buy anything else, and already Pakistan Navy has experience in building one.
Navy needs to get stronger and this is a good step towards it.

Check my post number 38 where former CNS clearly said that PN is looking to buy more F22p's but these F22p's would be upgraded one and would be different from the present F220p frigates. It would be something close to type054a. So that's why I believe that these F22p's would be different from previous F22p and also might have greater displacement than the previous ones.

well in that case lets just hope that these will be upgraded ships with HQ-9 SAM!
we need a medium range SAM system on our ships, thats my main concern!

Instead of the Umkhonto upgrade I outlined earlier as option, I suppose it might be feasibleto park 2x 8-cell VLUs for HQ16 forward of the bridge in place of the HQ7. Removal of the HQ7 director and shifting the mainmast forward somewhat would create a 2 positions for 1 each Orekh-style radar illuminator for missile guidance (1 facing forward, 1 facing aft). The overall configuration comparable to the 2,800 tons standard; 3,320 tons full load Dutch Doorman class M-type frigate

054ahp3530feb173rg8.jpg

251feb8ae0.jpg

1024px-HMS_Van_Amstel_F831_USN-8154G-232_cropped.jpg

M-frigate-F930-Leopold-1.jpg

What advantages would HQ 16 offer over HQ 7?

Missile range seems to be the same.

There is no way that F22P can be 'modified' to be more 'like' 054A.

054/054A has 4 diesel engines while 053/F22P has only two. That's why F22P is only half the size of 054A. F22P is too small for VLS (HHQ-16).

What advantages would HQ 16 offer over HQ 7?

Missile range seems to be the same.

HHQ16 is the first Hot Load VLS air-defense missile employed in the PLAN. As is shown in the image above, it has a 32 unit system for 054A while HHQ7 has only 6 or 8 units. The VLS on 054A has also been reported to be compatible with anti-submarine rockets/missiles recently.

Back
Top Bottom