What's new

Pakistan Navy will get 4 more F-22Ps

Do not think so ... We are a coastal force mate ... Primary objective being " Sea denial "

The air defence is quite antiquated being a chinese copy of the crotale sam.SSM armament the main strength is the same as that of azmat,should have got a few more azmats and maybe few air defence destroyers from china for fleet defence along with land based aviation.

The air defence is quite antiquated being a chinese copy of the crotale sam.SSM armament the main strength is the same as that of azmat,should have got a few more azmats and maybe few air defence destroyers from china for fleet defence along with land based aviation.

lolz same as azmat :D i think you forget many many things here sir.

I hope these will be upgraded F-22P frigates.

F22P shares the following equipment already with Type 054A
- 76mm main gun
- 2x 30mm gatling ciws mount (though some differences in control)
- 2x triple lightweight ASW-torpedo tubes YU-7
- 2x4 AShM C803
- 1x ASW helicopter (Type 054A uses Z9C or Ka28, F22P Z9C only)

So, upgraded would likely be in the area of sensors (radar, sonar) and/or SAM (traditional HQ7 versus VL HQ16 or other systems e.g. 'RAM-like' FL3000 'RAM' since HQ16 may be a bit large for the F22P hull).

Originally posted by Penguin.

its on GEO news any English link of this news?

5-8-2012_106046_1.gif

Latest news, Breaking News | Daily Jang
it says it will have antiaircft surface to air missles of range 180 km..thats a new addition
also specifically quoting c-803 instead of c-802

but again jhang is the most unreliable yet the most famous news paper in pakistan..!!

The report said that the Chinese frigate costs 200 million dollar while the US LCS ship having similar qualities and technologies costs 600 million dollars.

This is a nonsensical oversimplification. Anyone who knows anything knows the USN's Littoral Combat Ship is in another league to the F-22P and the cost difference is very much justified. "Smialr qualities and technologies?" how did they come to that conclusion?!! I don't think even the PN would be foolish enough to make such bold claims. Media in the subcontinent need to grow up and do so even rudimentary research.

the major requirement of paksitan navy has been to defend the coast along with dening the enemy to block its port & channel. hence PN doesn't need destroyers all it needs is assets that deny the enemy to blocakde its ports. this frigate surves the purpose well! as for offensive moves we need to stregthen our submarine force.

Awsome news indeed PN needs to come up to speed and it is slowly GOD bless.

I have no issue with PN going for more F22p if these one would be fitted with a better SAM like HQ-16.

I personally feel these won't be the same F22p's in fact they would be something bigger but would be based on present F22p frigate. Something around 4000 tons displacement. As our former CNS said.

He said that Pakistan also like to go for construction of bigger ships with cooperation of China.

These ships would be bigger than the current F-22 P Frigates, he added.

Pak China cooperation in building submarines, bigger ships war identified: Admiral Noman | The Nation

Good news. I was thinking of more F22p and they have decided to buy/built. Good work. :yahoo: :china: :pakistan:

Umm, why waste money on the short range SAM equipped ships? Why not up the level to medium range SAMs?

:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom