What's new

Pakistan Navy Submarines: A Silent Force to Reckon with!

1) 3 Agosta 90b subs are already in service, with the third having been fitted with the AIP system and the other would be fitted with them as well during their next refit. What is Scorpene systems on a Agosta 90b?
SUBMARINE TACTICAL INTEGRATED COMBAT SYSTEM

SUBTICS combines operational efficiency, high-performance sensors and long-range weapons. The system can be readily added to any new-build programme or integrated as part of a refit. It has been selected by several navies for SCORPENE and AGOSTA 90B submarines, as well as for modernisation programmes for submarines already in service.
According to DCN offical website. 2 MESMA have been ordered by PN and will be fitted by 2010.
2) The PN as of now has 4 P3C Orion Aircraft with an intended purchase of 6 more which has not yet been decided. Brings the total to 10 if bought.
plus 3 P-3 AEW
Also please keep in mind that they are 35 year old ships and only limited upgrades are being performed on them.However there is no doubt of its capabilities.
Enhanced Anti-sub capabilities such as ASROC, new hull mounted sonar, and PN may execute Turkish latest combat management system upgrade.
4) The 4 Stealth Corvettes you are referring to is probably the F22. The first has arrived in Pakistan and the rest are on schedule. There is enough discussion on this subject in its thread. Have already mentioned in my earlier post the the PN is acquiring these.
:disagree: I was talking about Turkish Milgem corvettes.
5) The 3 new Stealth Frigates you are referring to?
Not to forget French frigates which were offered to us in IDAS-2008 defence exhibition karachi.

Iron,

My question is are these DCNS subs offered to India as yet? Like Type-214 and Amur are offered?

The whole DCNS presentation is based on if someone is ready to place the order. Its like MRTA. Developing a whole new thing.

Not something which is under development or ready (like Amur and Type-214).

Its a proposal which is at a concept stage.

Looking at the way Indian procurement works the deal will be done with DCN on this project by 2012 and then one can calculate the tenure of induction.

To me Amur and Type-214 looks better options considering they are based on existing IN subs.

Amur based on Kilo and Type-214/212 based on Type-209.

GB

Not to forget French frigates which were offered to us in IDAS-2008 defence exhibition karachi.

For quite a long time I am talking about distinguish between offered and under construction.

Offered means not bought by PN as it requires money to do so.

Please stick to realities.

GB

Iron,

My question is are these DCNS subs offered to India as yet? Like Type-214 and Amur are offered?

The whole DCNS presentation is based on if someone is ready to place the order. Its like MRTA. Developing a whole new thing.

Not something which is under development or ready (like Amur and Type-214).

Its a proposal which is at a concept stage.

Looking at the way Indian procurement works the deal will be done with DCN on this project by 2012 and then one can calculate the tenure of induction.

To me Amur and Type-214 looks better options considering they are based on existing IN subs.

Amur based on Kilo and Type-214/212 based on Type-209.

GB

It is clear in this news that DCNS is 'promoting' the new submarine, which means all designing and engineering parameters have been met for this new concept and will start construction when fund is available.

It is clear in this news that DCNS is 'promoting' the new submarine, which means all designing and engineering parameters have been met for this new concept and will start construction when fund is available.

If you visit the official site of DCNS there is nothing.

Its a concept.

SMX-24 is a concept for a submarine that would be in service about 2020. Its size and capability fall between today's biggest diesel-electric boats and the smallest nukes: the 3450-ton boat would have an all fuel-cell propulsion system, would be capable of 20 kt submerged and could stay underwater for 30 days. The core vessel would have interchangeable modules for weapons or special forces equipment. The stub wings carry tip-mounted propulsors for high speeds - allowing the central pumpjet to be sized for cruise - and fighter-like pylons for fuel tanks - above the wings on the model - and weapons.

SMX-24 is a concept at the moment - but for how long, in the fast-changing submarine world? Last year at Euronaval, DCNS showed its SMX-23 concept for a small littoral submarine; it's here this year as a more detailed design named Andrasta, with six heavy weapons outside the pressure hull, and no on-board reloads.

GB

For quite a long time I am talking about distinguish between offered and under construction.

Offered means not bought by PN as it requires money to do so.

Please stick to realities.

GB

uffff. troller

When pakistan navy has a requirement multiple options will be offered to pakistan to win the bid. Fremm is one of them and i am not saying pakistan has bought and sigh the deal!
4 F-22P 2500+ tonne class frigate has been ordered. to meet the demand for 3000+ tonne class frigate PN may opt for more advance version of F-22P or Type-054.

DCNS latest subs is also in the race with amur and type 214 for the project 75b

uffff. troller

When pakistan navy has a requirement multiple options will be offered to pakistan to win the bid.

Pakistan can only procure what it affords in terms of money.

Fremm is one of them and i am not saying pakistan has bought and sigh the deal!

My point exactly. Offered is not your country has capacity to buy.

GB

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

DCNS latest subs is also in the race with amur and type 214 for the project 75b

That sub would be?

GB

type-214 is almost out of the race.
DCNS has no latest subs other then in drawing boards and will take india alot alot of time to get it.
Amur seems the be most realistic choice.

but anyways.. how the F is indian subs requirement related to this subject!

uffff. troller

When pakistan navy has a requirement multiple options will be offered to pakistan to win the bid. Fremm is one of them and i am not saying pakistan has bought and sigh the deal!
4 F-22P 2500+ tonne class frigate has been ordered. to meet the demand for 3000+ tonne class frigate PN may opt for more advance version of F-22P or Type-054.

till now PN has not considered of buying chinese Type 054 frigate and no future plans are present dont just throw words to satisfy ur egos

Several systems utilized on the Type 054 frigate are based on French systems that were used on the La Fayette in 1980s. even the engines used in Type 054 are of france

the f22p ordered by pak is an improved version of Type 053h which will be inducted by 2013

type-214 is almost out of the race.

Don't be so sure until Pak Government officially signs the deal.

Amur seems the be most realistic choice.

Again. Don't be so sure.

till now PN has not considered of buying chinese Type 054 frigate and no future plans are present dont just throw words to satisfy ur egos

He speaks with the logic that everything that is Chinese is also Pakistani.

Its just like if India inducts Akula we will ask China for 093 and they will oblige and no one will object.

GB

seriously do some research. you would not have said this if you have just used the internet more productively!
Several systems utilized on the Type 054 frigate are based on French systems that were used on the La Fayette in 1980s. even the engines used in Type 054 are of france
the commissions started in 1990s so for the sake of ego satisfaction why not say La fayette is the crappiest French frigate ever and the type-054 is a very bad copy of that frigate?
the f22p ordered by pak is an improved version of Type 053h which will be inducted by 2013
So what? Su-30MKI is another variant of 1980s Su-30 family.? btw 1st f-22p has already been inducted.

Su-30MKI is another variant of 1980s Su-30 family.?

Yeah and even a J-7 and Mirage-III/V can beat it down anytime. JF-17 will take out Su-30MKI even before it could see JF-17 on its radar.

Savvy?

GB

Do you promise me that you will stick your head in sand from shame after i prove you wrong?
pakistan has never thought of buying type 054 frigates if you have the proof to back ur words then show it mr growler

According to Janes' IDEAS2004 interview with former Pakistan Navy Chief ex-Admiral Karimullah at least 4 additional new-built frigates will be acquired by the navy. The new frigate will be larger and superior to the F-22P; it will likely have a better air defence system and anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capability; and use more advanced sensors, radar and electronics. Kanwa recently reported that the Pakistan Navy has shown recent interest in the Chinese Type 054 frigate.

I do not have the link because you have to subscribe in order to have access to Kanwa news.
the type 054 was inducted in 2002 and La fayette by france in 1996
and not 1990 as u say so do some research before u say something
Not only are you low in IQ but you are high in self contradictory making yourself a very unique individual. I guess you are very special.
On your previous post you said.
And then after me shedding some light you googled to straighten your facts and figures. btw isnt 1996 part of 1990s? isnt that what i said 1990s in my previous post?

Back
Top Bottom