What's new

Pakistan Navy Questions Thread

As discussed many times on this forum F22P is a decent all-round platform but one weakness is it lacks medium range air defense missiles.

So given this background, is it possible to add HQ-16: 6 or 8 cell external vertical launcher to F22P frigate?

As for space on-board F22P, I can think of two possibilities:
  1. C-802 cells are moved closer to each other. There seems to be some space available between bridge and chimney.
  2. Just behind chimney.
HQ-16, 6 x cell launcher in upright position
hq-16-Plateau-600x330.jpg

F22P Frigate:
4KuoQ.jpg

As discussed many times on this forum F22P is a decent all-round platform but one weakness is it lacks medium range air defense missiles.

So given this background, is it possible to add HQ-16: 6 or 8 cell external vertical launcher to F22P frigate?

As for space on-board F22P, I can think of two possibilities:
  1. C-802 cells are moved closer to each other. There seems to be some space available between bridge and chimney.
  2. Just behind chimney.
HQ-16, 6 x cell launcher in upright position
hq-16-Plateau-600x330.jpg

F22P Frigate:
4KuoQ.jpg

I have mentioned similar albeit slightly different changes in the last few months. If we take the Algerian Navy's C28A (itself a derivative of the F22P) as a starting point, remove the deck that holds the FM90 and make it flush, that area is large enough to hold minimum of 16 to probably up to 32 cells for a vls system. Now depending on what is below deck, part of the cells may need to sit above deck, but this is also done on numerous vessels including the Sa'ar 5 (which is 1/2 the size and has a 16 cell capacity for barak 8 med-long range SAM). AND Adelaide/ G-class frigates of Australia and Turkey (both OHPs). The C28A already moved the exhaust stacks to the waterline enabling enough room for a secondary mast with sensors and radar egg which houses the type 364 air search radar. The Smart S mk2 is the long tange air and surface surveillance radar. I would move the C802 boxes into this are below deck and hide them behind doors to imprpve the rcs and there they were located i would plce another VLS or if that was not feasible, would put two 24 cell FL-3000N launchers. Instead of the hhq-16 i would try for CAMM/ Sea Ceptor from UK or Italy and if they wont sell it (though Italy sold the Aspide/Spada 2000 system so im sure they would sell this as well) id go for umkhonto-r. Both are said to be quad packable and 60km fire and forget. If PN had 24-32 cells up front that would give 96-128 medium range missiles. If theyngot another 4-8 cells behind the main mast thats another 16-32. Evwn if they go for FL 3000N thats 48 short range (12km) SAMs plus the 2 type 730 ciws in the back

how many torpedoes & ASHM at max our agusta 90Bs and S-20 subs can carry in a single mission..
and what is ths max range of pakistani torpedoes???
@araz @Arsalan

how many torpedoes & ASHM at max our agusta 90Bs and S-20 subs can carry in a single mission..
and what is ths max range of pakistani torpedoes???
@araz @Arsalan
It can carry a mix of 20 torpedoes and AShM in total.
Range cannot be discussed as such because we are operating a few different types with different ranges.

For S-20, it is not known for sure but i think these will also carry 20 to 24 weapons on board (if there is no VLS as some purpose there will be)

It can carry a mix of 20 torpedoes and AShM in total.
Range cannot be discussed as such because we are operating a few different types with different ranges.

For S-20, it is not known for sure but i think these will also carry 20 to 24 weapons on board (if there is no VLS as some purpose there will be)
do we havs better torpedoes then indian one???

do we havs better torpedoes then indian one???
I wont get into the "this VS that" debate. Have never seen anything constructive coming out of such arguments. Will suggest you stay from these as well. :)

What is important is that what we are using and are the forces happy and ok with that. We also must understand that our Navy is left wanting in many departments and i hope with the proposed procurement of S-20 and some future surface combatants things will improve.

I wont get into the "this VS that" debate. Have never seen anything constructive coming out of such arguments. Will suggest you stay from these as well. :)

What is important is that what we are using and are the forces happy and ok with that. We also must understand that our Navy is left wanting in many departments and i hope with the proposed procurement of S-20 and some future surface combatants things will improve.
thanks for reply Sir

F22p just drop the structure on which the fM-90 launcher is mounted and u have enough room to put 32 cell vls which can carry 8 ssm plus 24 sams , no need for a separate ssm launchers

or just keep ssm launcher and have 32 sams like 54s

:)

My height is 5,4'
Chest 29
Weight 40 kg
Does I meet physical requirement for navy

Why not PN start working with Sweden on new Submarine that will be more advanced than the A-26?

1. cost
2. indian influence, india will not allow any one to sell us via its huge procurement open tender process.
india is procuring worth 250 billion dollars of weapons from different countries

Why not PN start working with Sweden on new Submarine that will be more advanced than the A-26?

I have a quick question. I hope it isn't the wrong place.
Can a C-802 launcher be modified to fire a C-805 missile? Can that be done in the case of Zulfiqar class?

I have a quick question. I hope it isn't the wrong place.
Can a C-802 launcher be modified to fire a C-805 missile? Can that be done in the case of Zulfiqar class?
Shouldn't be a problem considering it is fundamentally the same missile (i.e. YJ-8x). That said, the PN doesn't have a need for such a missile. The C-805 is good for land-attack, but the F-22Ps need the C-802 to take on ships (via the terminal stage seeker). For land-attack, the PN has the Babur.

Back
Top Bottom